Author Topic: Full Metal Panic!  (Read 4916 times)

Offline n3m35i5

• Clean
  • take it out on the wall
Re:Full Metal Panic!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2004, 04:18:18 PM »
i have the vcd for the original series
just cant find the fumofuu  :'(
anyone who lives in s'pore and know where to buy it......
PLS TELL ME
A dream that turns true, is not a true dream...

Offline Cabbit

• Myuh
  • Addict
  • Eat Carrots
Re:Full Metal Panic!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2004, 11:15:50 AM »
I have only watched the anime (+ fumofuu) but not the manga, so it may get a little off-topic here (very in fact...).

For those who have watched another trashy mecha show called Gundam Wing, Sagara is another (tasteless) clone of Heero Yui, in terms of looks and personality. At least the guys at sunrise didnt try to make Heero Yui seem funny. Gonzo tried to combine humour and action, but failing to really produce a good blend here. Another annoying point are the (albeit few and mostly during the initial part of the show) panty shots for fan service. They are uncalled for and inappropriate for the context.

Fumofuu put all the pretensions of being an action anime and concentrated on the (slap-stick) humour, more in the spirit of the manga. However, like Love Hina and Takahashi Rumiko's works, the humour only lasts so long before becoming boring and lame. Sagara can only blow up that many shoe lockers before it gets boring.

The only saving point of the series are the OP and ED, especially for Fumofuu.

Harsh.

Some of your points are.. very slightly valid.. but.. I disagree almost completely. ^^

anything