Author Topic: Full Metal Panic!  (Read 4912 times)

Offline YoruameBaroness

• Budding Addict
  • The Red Beauty of Germany
    • G Gundam
Full Metal Panic!
« on: January 05, 2004, 06:20:27 PM »
Full Metal Panic! is a pretty good manga. It's funny . . .and a bit romantic at the same time. Of course, the male lead is kinda nuts . . .O.o

Anybody read this? Whaddya think?

Offline Kairu de Large

• Addict
Re:Full Metal Panic!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 06:44:56 PM »
I've read the first volume, I liked it alot. I've never seen any other volumes in stores tho.  :(

I have however seen every episode of the Anime, I was watching the second series(Fumofuu) but I got bored of it and stopped. The manga seems to be similar to the second series

Offline Cabbit

• Myuh
  • Addict
  • Eat Carrots
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 07:30:34 PM »
I've read the first volume, I liked it alot. I've never seen any other volumes in stores tho.  :(

I have however seen every episode of the Anime, I was watching the second series(Fumofuu) but I got bored of it and stopped. The manga seems to be similar to the second series

How could you get bored of Fumofu?! ..

anyway.. Full Metal Panic is great.. I love the manga and both animes.

The first anime series is based on the manga, but skipped a lot of the funnier stuff and focused often on the action, where the manga on comedy. The second anime series technically takes place after the first chronologically, but uses some manga stories that simply were skipped in the first anime series. There's also a lot of original stuff in Fumoffu.. but I'm ont sure because I'm only 2 volumes into the manga ^^

Jewelz

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 02:31:27 AM »
a friend of mine told me to check it out, he said it was really good...but what is it exactly about?

Offline Cabbit

• Myuh
  • Addict
  • Eat Carrots
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 08:17:44 AM »
Sgt Sosuke Sagara of the mercenary group Mithril - a hard core military man, grew up in a war zone with a gun in his hand knowing nothing but combat - is assigned to protect high school student Kaname Chidori from possible abduction by terrorists.

Sagara knows nothing about being a regular high school kid (which makes him a poor choice for the assignment, really, and is always pulling out guns and whatnot in the middle of class and trying to fend off the terrorist threat, which is usually all in his head.

There's also some mech action, as the armies use robots called Arm Slaves in their battles, Sagara is of course an expert.

Anyway.. solid action comedy.. *thumbs up* recommended to fans of all genres.

Jewelz

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 02:56:53 PM »
Sounds fun ^^ must go check it out

Offline Ichuen

• Clean
  • I got 1 thing to say to me BAKA!!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2004, 07:12:13 AM »
Oi!! Anyone know where can I find this manga on the net??
the uchujin-san

Offline killer

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 04:55:12 PM »
full metal panic is the bomb but ithink the two anime series is much better  :D

Waya475

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 05:46:52 PM »
Oi!! Anyone know where can I find this manga on the net??

Buy it.  It is licensed.

Offline Kairu de Large

• Addict
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2004, 12:47:37 AM »
How could you get bored of Fumofu?! ..

I was having personal problems at the time and could never get around to watching them so I lost interest. One of these days I'll finish it.

Offline sagara

• Clean
  • Mithril Enforcer
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2004, 10:09:45 AM »
from my avatar u can tell FMP is my favorite series.  Eventhough its filler eps are some of the worst I've seen.

For the ppl who have also read the manga, the whole tessa vs chidori battle was better portrated in the 2 eps that tessa aired in fumoffu rather than her actual appearance in the vol 3 of the manga.... what do others think?

Offline unhinged_loon

• Clean
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2004, 07:38:46 AM »
I have only watched the anime (+ fumofuu) but not the manga, so it may get a little off-topic here (very in fact...).

For those who have watched another trashy mecha show called Gundam Wing, Sagara is another (tasteless) clone of Heero Yui, in terms of looks and personality. At least the guys at sunrise didnt try to make Heero Yui seem funny. Gonzo tried to combine humour and action, but failing to really produce a good blend here. Another annoying point are the (albeit few and mostly during the initial part of the show) panty shots for fan service. They are uncalled for and inappropriate for the context.

Fumofuu put all the pretensions of being an action anime and concentrated on the (slap-stick) humour, more in the spirit of the manga. However, like Love Hina and Takahashi Rumiko's works, the humour only lasts so long before becoming boring and lame. Sagara can only blow up that many shoe lockers before it gets boring.

The only saving point of the series are the OP and ED, especially for Fumofuu.

Uzumaki

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 06:40:23 PM »
I have the first volume of the manga and have the entire series on DVD. It's really cool, action and mecha fans should really enjoy it.

DangerGirlX

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2004, 01:42:22 AM »
English manga is hard tpo find here.

So i just stick to the anime..

I'm collecting the DVD's.

Theyre pretty cheap i think..

25.99 can.

Offline destroyer

• Clean
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2004, 06:16:09 PM »
I have the FMP anime too, but only the fumoffu serie, but i laughed a lot.