Author Topic: Rurouni Kenshin New Anime  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Rurouni Kenshin New Anime
« on: April 18, 2011, 01:43:44 PM »
It's been green-lit for a new Rurouni Kenshin anime in Japan. If you guys probably can't tell by my username, I'm a big Kenshin fan and this is great news.

What do you guys think? Does Kenshin need a new anime or should it stay finished with the stuff it has? Do you think a reboot is necessary?

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-18/new-rurouni-kenshin-anime-green-lit

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
Re: Rurouni Kenshin New Anime
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:23:26 AM »
I, as a young boy, grew up on this anime show known as Rurouni Kenshin.  I was excited and astounded by the show and the many moves it produced. Along with Kenshin came Sanosuke ( I think thats how you spell it.) ,my favorite character on the show. Although not smart, very very very very powerful. I have this to say;

IF THEY SCREW THIS UP I WILL COME OVER THERE WITH AN AK AND ANNIHILATE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enough said.  :)

can't wait to see it.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 10:14:35 AM »
I know how you feel, FM. This is epic if they can pull off a new Kenshin anime and will definitely make me happy, but so much can go wrong as well, I'm kinda afraid of this.  :o

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 09:31:26 AM »
it's both fright full, and exciting. kinda like going on your first really big roller coaster. don;t know what to expect.

btw I found out that Yu Yu Hakusho is being redone as well. It's going to be remade for hd tv, they say it will lok brand new like today's anime, but I don't know if any of the scenes will be edited beyond that. I can't wait to get it.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 01:44:09 AM »
To be honest I've never watched Rurouni Kenshin. It just seems to me like one of those titles that take an extraordinary amount of time and devotion to watch because of the large number of episodes, although it doesn't have as many episodes as say One Piece(500+) or Pokemon(1000+ This will probably kill me).
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 07:51:18 PM »
Well all you really need to watch in Rurounin Kenshin is up to the Makoto Shishio Arc after that the other EPs would be all nothing but fillers

then youll just have to Watch the OVA, Trust and Betrayal and then that last OVA where he fought the Steroid dude

overall not that long really...

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 04:39:47 PM »
then youll just have to Watch the OVA, Trust and Betrayal and then that last OVA where he fought the Steroid dude

That steroid dude is Enishi and is actually Kenshin's brother-in-law. Not really a spoiler since you find that out in the Trust.

If you want to watch the series in chronological order by timeline for when the events take place here's how it would go:

Trust & Betrayal >>> Rurouni Kenshin TV >>> Samurai X The Movie >>> Reflection

However I found it a llittle weird watching it like that so I usually watch the Rurouni Kenshin TV series first with the movie second, then the OVA series last.

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 03:37:43 PM »
doesnt the manga follows that chronological order

The Meeting of the gang
then Makoto Shishio
then the about Kenshins past(Tomoe)
then Confrontation with Enishi
though the last part Reflection didnt really happen in the manga

anyway if theyre starting i wish to see more of Makoto Shishio, i just love that guy, soo badass! getting burned alive and getting shot in the head and still being able to live and manage to wreak havoc and managed to kill off the main chara and his frieds  ;)

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 10:38:38 PM »
It does only because technically Rurouni Kenshin comes before any OVA. In the manga, between volumes, I believe, 18 through 24 are major flashback volumes because Enishi shows up nearly immediately after Kenshin returns to Tokyo (or at least Enishi's cronies do).

In the anime, the Jinchuu arc was suppose to be right after the Kyoto Arc (aka the fight with Shishio) and is the true third arc, but the anime caught up with the manga too fast, thus the anime came up with its own arc to kinda end the series (which the ending did nothing except bring more questions). Watsuki ended the series properly in his manga, then came the OVAs to properly end the anime like it should've been done. I don't know how the movie was concieved only because that was a more stand alone plot. It was entertaining however.

I read somewhere that the OVAs are hitting BluRay soon, so I'm definitely picking it up.

What I meant by watching it timeline form, is putting the events of the revolution first how it would've truly happened in said timeline, instead of watching it as a flashback series. Putting it first in the order of how you watch it is weird only because we're used to refering to the OVAs as flashback episodes.