Author Topic: permission - Gintama  (Read 2325 times)

Offline [GiGi]lianchi

• Clean
permission - Gintama
« on: March 24, 2010, 10:52:48 PM »
dear Yanime,

my name is lianchi and i'm from VNS group (http://www.vnsharing.net)
my group is for sharing and translating (mostly) manga + anime into vietnamese for free to fans.
We have known your group with the work on Gintama project.
today I write this letter to ask permission for re-translate and re-edit that project into vietnamese for fans who cannot read in English.
Of course, we would include all your credits and links to your website. We only get vietnamese credits. If thats ok, it would be such a big help for us. If no, thats sad but i could understand the reasons. We would like to know the answer Yanime so we can get the work on this project going. Please give us your answer Yanime.

*and if you give us your permissions on translating this project, is it ok that we can now on using your work on other projects so that we dont have to go through such letters of permissions and wont disturb your time anymore?. If thats ok that would be such great help and all of us appreciate your understandings and helping us. Thanks again.

sincerely,
Lianchi
http://www.vnsharing.net

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
Re: permission - Gintama
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 02:31:58 PM »
Sorry, but I can't really give permission. The original translators would be the ones to decide, but they aren't here anymore.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 10:13:12 PM »
meh...this guy's english is only average. If they try to translate Yanime's work, it'd probably end up as  a mockery of Yanime's hard work and effort.
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 05:27:32 AM »
Asian_InvAsian: Hey, no need to insult the poor guy.  English and Vietnamese are pretty different languages. 

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 12:19:56 AM »
English and Vietnamese are pretty different languages. 

Yeah...maybe i was a bit too harsh. But Japanese and English are two completely different languages as well and Yanime did a damn good job at scanlating I'd say.
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 06:12:09 AM »
You do know, Invasion, that in any scanlation group there's the translator but also someone to grammar and spell check the translation so it flows like normal English. Typically, from what I know, that is the job of the Editor, but I could be mistaken.

Anyhow, with that being said, this thread is locked.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

anything