Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3169 times)

Offline hellion

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • HOT HOT HOT
Hello
« on: February 25, 2011, 05:21:48 PM »
New member here... by invitation.

I'm wondering what we can do to liven the place up a bit... Old members need to post more often... new members need to post something other than spam

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 07:07:22 PM »
If only we can get said old members back, hm? lol

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 09:19:31 PM »
UMMM EXCUSE ME... but first things first.

I... love... ur...sig.
First motion one I have ever seen on this forum and
WELCOME TO YANIME- name will be changed soon, expect to pay tax for it

Offline hellion

• HOT HOT HOT
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 10:49:50 PM »
Aoshi, I wouldn't know how to get them back since I only know one member here... the one who invited me. 

Maybe when the site is revised a nice topic could be created and announced to ALL members.

fightingmelee, thanks :)  I've always liked this sig too.  (I've had to crop the image of the woman... there's a lot more to her than in that image... but the rest of her isn't family friendly)

Thanks for the welcome.  :)

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 05:45:14 PM »
Aoshi, I wouldn't know how to get them back since I only know one member here... the one who invited me. 

Maybe when the site is revised a nice topic could be created and announced to ALL members.

fightingmelee, thanks :)  I've always liked this sig too.  (I've had to crop the image of the woman... there's a lot more to her than in that image... but the rest of her isn't family friendly)

Thanks for the welcome.  :)

ahh ic, family friendly is good... I think.
Imma go check the rule book on that one *searches for rule book*

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 12:30:49 AM »
!eminaY ot emocleW

Yes, family friendly is good.  Well at least for me.  Welcome aboard!  Anything to say about yourself?  What parts of the fandom do you delve into?  What're your favorites?  So on?

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline hellion

• HOT HOT HOT
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 06:07:52 PM »
.emoclew ruoy rof sknahT

Actually...
* hellion hopes no one will hit her...
I'm not that interested in anime.  My favorite 'animation' is probably Tom & Jerry or maybe Bugs Bunny. :P 

I was invited by Motoko-chan to help with moderation of the spam issues you've been having.  I have been unemployed for quite a while and recently left a project I was involved in (well... almost left) so I have way too much free time on my hands.

More about me... I enjoy reading a great deal.  I tend to stick to the Fantasy genre.  Favorite authors include (but are NOT limited to) Robert Jordan (RIP), David and Leigh Eddings, Steven Brust, Terry Brooks, Terry Goodkind, and Margaret Weis/Tracy Hickman.  I'm currently plowing my way through all of the Dragonlance novels (about 160 behind me already) and hope to move toward Forgotten Realms next.

TV and movie preferences are Sci-fi or Fantasy and Action/Adventure stuff... I will even watch horror if it's not a low budget slasher/axe murderer movie.  I'm not into Comedy at all and most Dramas bore me to tears.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 07:14:37 PM »
Terry Brooks huh? The only reason I know that name is because he wrote one of the Star Wars novels adapted from one of the movies. I think it was the Phantom Menace. I don't have the book with me so I can't be certain of that.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline hellion

• HOT HOT HOT
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 09:22:49 PM »
He also wrote a series called Shannara and another one called The Word and the Void... which he later joined together.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 08:58:31 PM »
NANI!?!?
UR NOT AN ANIME FAN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

o well, we have all kinds of characters here, bots humans, aliens, experiment
Aoshi taking over the world, or some nonsense like that. Still wondering why there is a poster outside with his name on it.

btw, that is a lot of books you've read/read. wut age group is the books, adult or young adult?

Offline hellion

• HOT HOT HOT
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 09:40:38 PM »
I'd say mostly young adult... but as a 'not-so-young' adult, I still enjoyed them a great deal.

I've created a new topic in the General Discussion board about books.