Author Topic: So..  (Read 5839 times)

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
  • currently known as the master of fa-... nvm
So..
« on: February 15, 2011, 05:05:21 AM »
with the declaration of Motoko
Yanime will be revived again so what i like to discuss here is well... who wants to participate and ideas that could help us revive Yanime.. we might be lacking in numbers but hey all good sites start small right?

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
Re: So..
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 09:20:38 AM »
Features I'm currently considering:

• Anime/Manga Reviews: This should cover both licensed and currently-broadcast titles. These will hopefully be a bit more in-depth than other sites can provide, maybe with some unique viewpoints as well.
  • "First Look" Reviews: Tying in with the above fill reviews, these would be written quickly after the first two or three episodes of a current-season anime to give a gauge on what the series looks to be, what the expectations are given the run, etc. They won't be episode transcripts like some sites, but more personal and opinionated.
  • Round Table Discussions: These can be audio or text (group chat?) or even both (transcript of the talk). They will focus on a current issue either in the community (fansubbing or even just general anime fan stuff), current society, or similar topics. One person would be a moderator to push discussion talking-points and just to keep people on-topic. For example, if a current-season show has a good focus on or example of hikikomori, then discussion can be had about that topic.

Note: These may or may not be done depending on the amount of people who can participate. They will likely be rolled out in the order of effort it will take to get them going. The first two shouldn't be too difficult, but the last one might be.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 06:50:02 PM »
I wouldn't mind helping in reviewing an anime or manga. I get soo bored that I'm watching a number of animes at one time and reading some too.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 08:34:31 PM »
I can do reviews and participate in live discussions via chat of some sort (voice or otherwise).  ;D

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 05:40:43 PM »
Aoshi if we can get atleast 3 or 4 of us to review some anime/manga and then discus it. It would really help people know what kind of manga/anime it is instead of us only reading one. This way we can discuss the good points and bad points about it to make sure we ourselves understand it before we tell others about it.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 05:57:06 PM »
For a review, I don't think it's important for multiple people to read/watch before doing a review.

Once I get the new portal stuff going, I'll build some templates and make a few samples.
Motoko-chan

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 06:02:10 PM »
Double-posting (because I can), but nobody noticed the name change for the forum?

Bridging the early times of the site when it was strictly about discussion with the future, we are now Anime ni Yamitsuki! (Roughly, "Anime Addict" in English.)
Motoko-chan

Personal Links:

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 08:56:53 AM »
I noticed the name change just a moment ago before I checked the thread. I like it  ;D

For a review, I don't think it's important for multiple people to read/watch before doing a review

I agree with Motoko on that one, however there's nothing saying we can't review the same thing. It comes down to this, if you happen to choose the same thing another reviewer is going to review or if we feel we want to do a discussion episode (or make the show more of a discussion), then we can do so. I don't see why not.

A review, in the end, is just an opinion anyway. We're just another group of fans making recommendation. What helps us stand out more than the rest, is how fun we can make it.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 09:28:43 AM »
I guess your right. No need to go into a major detail for a small review

Double-posting (because I can), but nobody noticed the name change for the forum?

Bridging the early times of the site when it was strictly about discussion with the future, we are now Anime ni Yamitsuki! (Roughly, "Anime Addict" in English.)

ignoring the double post :P

I like the name change, I didn't notice cause I went back to the default font 2 days ago and was checking how eveything changed. I LIKE IT!!!

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 09:55:22 AM »
It comes down to this, if you happen to choose the same thing another reviewer is going to review or if we feel we want to do a discussion episode (or make the show more of a discussion), then we can do so. I don't see why not.

I wouldn't mind having multiple written reviews for a show. Everyone approaches things from a different perspective and it is always nice to get multiple takes on things.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:55:31 AM by Motoko-chan »
Motoko-chan

Personal Links:

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 10:49:55 AM »
Question(s) is/are: When do we start?

Are we going to start with written or should we start planning to do a voice recording? How will this apply to the main site (if at all) and how to implement it? Is it something thats going to wait until Motoko is done fixing everything with the site?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 04:40:15 PM by Aoshi101 »

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 02:28:29 PM »
Written to start, I think. It would be easier.

Once I get the new portal system running, that can start.
Motoko-chan

Personal Links:

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 05:02:23 AM »
well im in for some reviews on quite old animes since that is what im watching now new ones doesnt interest me anymore as for the voiced discussion... im afraid i wont be of much help in there

the name change is good but when will you be changing the site name motoko? what i mean is the URL will it change?

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 05:43:24 AM »
http://www.yanime.com/forums/index.php?topic=6566.0

Motoko has already dealt with the domains. While the Yanime domain still works, this site can be accessed by two new domains. You can view them in this post.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:18:02 AM by Aoshi101 »

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 05:52:42 AM »
thankies aoshi i dont really visit the site news and the boards above it much lol

anything