Author Topic: Spring Anime 2011  (Read 4849 times)

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
Spring Anime 2011
« on: December 30, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »

Same as Winter 2011.  Appleseed XIII, Steins;Gate, Dead Man Wonderland, Nichijou, Aria the Scarlet Ammo, Moshidora, The World only God Knows 2nd and many others show promise. I have to say, this is one of the best lineups in quite a while  ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 04:21:43 PM by Asian_InvAsian »
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Re: Spring Anime 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 05:59:30 AM »
I'm pretty sure this is gonna change a bit over the next 2 months cause this chart came out way too early. Most charts don't start hitting the sites until about halfway into the season before.

So far nothing on that chart stands out to me to watch so if the Spring chart stays as it is now, I won't be watching anything.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 06:13:28 PM »
*UPDATE* : Changed the link to the new v2. That is all.
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 01:11:59 PM »
hmm, some of these I might watch, while others, seem too questionable. Including that Succubus one... Japanese ppl. *sigh*

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 11:18:43 PM »
Lol I try not to delve too deeply into the minds of Japanese people, I might just get lost ;)

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 07:14:51 PM »
Now that we're several weeks into the current season, I figure its time to take a good look at next season. So far this is what catches my eye:

SERIES:

Ano Hana
Appleseed XIII
Tea for Universe, Tea for Life
Showa Era Story

OVA:

Splunker Sensei
Baka to Test to Shokanjuu: Matsuri

Now just because they're on the list doesn't mean I'll actually get around to watching them.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 07:12:35 PM »
Hmmm...I seriously wonder why they keep repeating the cliche of a pink haired loli tsundere. IMO Louise form Zero no Tsukaima = Worst Tsundere in history. I originally had some hope for Hidan no Aria but after seeing Aria's VA being listed as Kugimiya Rie, I just lost all hope. I don't think I can stand hearing that annoying voice ever again. Shakugan no Shana I can deal with but this?
I just don't know anymore...

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 09:24:32 PM »
I agree to an extent. I liked Kugimiya in Toradora, but only because I enjoyed the series and I think the tsundere made sense in the series. However Shakugan no Shana wasn't that good, in actuality I believe Shakugana no Shana to be mediocre if not worse. The supporting characters were more enjoyable than Shana and Yuuji. However, that in itself doesn't amount to much either.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 02:44:44 AM »
Yeah, that "urusai urusai urusai" crap made me want to strangle her...but looking at her roles, I think the only ones I actually like is Karin from Bleach and Alphonse from FMA. All her other roles are just meh...

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 07:20:02 PM »
Hmmm...I seriously wonder why they keep repeating the cliche of a pink haired loli tsundere. IMO Louise form Zero no Tsukaima = Worst Tsundere in history. I originally had some hope for Hidan no Aria but after seeing Aria's VA being listed as Kugimiya Rie, I just lost all hope. I don't think I can stand hearing that annoying voice ever again. Shakugan no Shana I can deal with but this?
I just don't know anymore...

Well, Louise had her serious moments in the light novels, from what I hear.  It's not the light novel's fault that the second season's ending shortens Saito's absence immensely, losing out on a big event from Louise. 

If I had to pick one tsundere seiyuu, I'd stick with Satsuki Yukino, though.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 03:09:43 AM »
^Ah yes, nice choice indeed. I did quite like her in Clannad and Bleach.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:10:16 AM by Asian_InvAsian »

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 12:32:55 AM »
Ah, I forgot she did Misae's voice.  Kaname from Full Metal Panic is always the first character that pops up in my head.  Her and her paper fan of doom. 

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 07:12:15 PM »
She played Kaname? Didn't know that either. I only watched the dub of FMP. The dub was actually very good.

Offline ashi

• Clean
  • Even "good" dubs hurt my ears.
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 10:52:15 PM »
I know I'll continue The World Only God Knows, and I know I will not follow the second season of Mariaholic. Other than that, I plan to try out several series and see which ones I like. ^^

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 01:53:00 AM »
*UPDATE* : Changed the link to the new v3.
Oh and I'm happy to see the the second season of The World God Only Knows on there, the first season was good so hurray for the second season.

anything