Author Topic: Winter Anime 2011  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
Winter Anime 2011
« on: December 30, 2010, 11:11:20 PM »

I didn't see anyone making this thread (It's usually Aoshi...) so I decided to make one. So what shows do you guys think will be good this season? I personally think that Kimi ni Todoke 2nd season, Fractale, Beezlebub and Infinite Stratos show some promise.

Can't wait! ;)

P.S. Oh and Happy New Years everyone! xD
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:32:54 PM by Asian_InvAsian »
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Re: Winter Anime 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 06:01:26 AM »
Eh I must've forgot cause i posted it up at several other sites on my list. Oh well, thanks for doing it.

I'm gonna try and watch:

- Kimi ni Todoke
- Gosick
- Wandering Son
- Starry Sky

While some maybes are:

- Infinite Stratos
- Beelzebub
- Fractale

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 11:08:09 PM »
The only things I'm watching so far this season are Fractale and Infinite Stratos.  I've got a pretty busy semester so this should be about as much as I can fit in my spare time. 

My friend gave me the oddest look when I told her the basic summary of Infinite Stratos.  "There are these mechas in the world but only a limited number in the world and only girls can pilot them except for...THE MAIN CHARACTER WHO'S A GUY!  So yes, I'm watching a harem mecha series."  The mecha part is fine to her, of course, but she still thought I was watching Full Metal Panic...  Ha.

Fractale seems a bit childish from the first episode (the trio of bad guys) but I'm basically watching it for the noitamina label.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 09:32:56 AM »
The childish feel of the trio is what makes Fractale refreshing. We haven't had something like that in a long time.

So far I've seen first episodes of:

Fractale
Level E
Wandering Son
Kimi ni Todoke S2
Infinite Stratos (just watched the second episode last night)

Still have to watch the first episode of Beelzebub and Starry Sky. After taking another look at Gosick's description, I won't be watching that series.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 12:35:59 AM »
Oh god, I can't believe I passed up Puella Magi Madoka Magica until last week!  I just saw magical girl (which I haven't watched in a while) and SHAFT (which I hate their style of usually, thanks to their excessive walls of text).  But oh geez, it's epic!  Genuinely creepy atmosphere at times, angst and Yuki Kajiura doing the music?  I should have picked this up sooner!

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 07:11:21 PM »
Yuki Kajiura? Really?!  :o oh crap, now I definitely have to see it. From what I've been hearing on various boards, the show is pretty good. I'll probably wait til a batch is released.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 05:46:16 AM »
Okay, I think it's time to report on my opinions on this season, although that's not really saying much because I'm so far behind as to only have completed one series - Infinite Stratos. I now deeply and sincerely regret picking that series as my first choice. Dense main male character + handful of girls who (somehow)develop feelings for him = recipe for Harem. Well 'nuff said right? All I've got to say is: "Give me back all those hours of my life that I've wasted on this bullshit!" I think I'll go and watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica next, that at least shows SOME potential.
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

anything