Author Topic: Fall Anime 2010  (Read 5378 times)

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Fall Anime 2010
« on: August 21, 2010, 09:16:09 PM »
Yep yep, once again Chartfag has come through and given us a chart of the majority of Anime slated to come out in the Fall Season. All thanks go to him.

Alot of these shows seem to be very iffy shows. Alot of hit and misses here I suspect. The only show I know I will be watching cause, no matter how much I disliked the first season I have to finish it. The show I will be watching is:

To Aru Majutsu no Index Season 2

All the other shows seem "eh". However the anime "The World God Only Knows" sounds somewhat interesting, so I might check that one out.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
Re: Fall Anime 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 06:31:47 AM »
Eh, nothing seems super awesome but I'm willing to give a few a try. 

I'll also be continuing with To Aru Majutsu no Index 2.  Biribiri...
Also from a previous season, I'll be following Hakuouki 2.  Maybe they'll try to have more of a story this time...  That's all I'm hoping for.
Shinryaku! Ika Musume will be given at least a two episodes to try out.  It looks cute and funny and probably won't be loaded with fanservice, which is nice.
I'll be watching Shinrei Tantei Yakumo as it is supernaturally, like Ghost Hunt, and I also have read the manga.  Hopefully, since it's based on the light novels, it will expand the on the story that wasn't told in the manga.  Oh, and hopefully Bee Train doesn't make it suck.

And... that's it.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline KujoSan

• Undeniable Psychopath..
  • Addict
  • just a boy forced to act like a man ...
    • whatever I have
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 09:21:10 PM »
the only one catching my attention is Psychic Detective Yakumo
as for the other, maybe i'll check a little..
~ It's been nearly TEN years since the day I know this Place, and I love Yanime so much, even if it's dying right now ~

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 08:35:03 PM »
I swear to god, if Iron Man sucks, I am going to kill the closest person next to me and then start a fire bombing.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 01:54:40 PM »
Oh my god, the squid girl anime is directed by the guy who did Hare + Guu?  Definitely watching it now!

Also, don't see it on this list but I'll give Kuragehime a shot.  It's a josei but I found this description on a blog.  "First, itís in the Noitamina timeslot (Eden of the East, Nodame Cantabile, Moyashimon, Tatami Galaxy). Second, itís by Brains Base (Baccano, Dur≠arara, Natsume Yuujinchou) and theyíve brought in the exact same crew who worked behind those shows, including the music guy."  So...I'm watching.  At least for a few episodes.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 06:20:51 PM »
ooo another card game. I wonder how hard this one will fail. :P
I don't think that there is a show that I am interested in. Kinda odd for fall but o well, next up WINTER

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 08:03:14 PM »
i dont know if im gonna watch To Aru since i never bothers with Railgun anymore but cant wait for the airing of Bakuman and TWOGK though i wish they animate the other mangas im reading and im still waiting for that PokeSpe anime to replace the current Pokemon Series

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 07:25:35 PM »
which Poke Special is that? Best Wishes?

To Aru will be interesting. I abhored the first season only because the fact they did so much setting up yet failed to continue on in the second season until now. Yet the had the audacity to make Railgun? Its like they're ADD with the short attention span and short interests in things.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 07:58:52 PM »
all entirety of the manga would be nice since the whole series of the manga is connected, ive been trolled with the fake fall list before which included PokeSpe on it (--,) i just want a pokemon that dont just have animal abuse on it like the current pokemon (--,)

Well after the fight with the strongest lvl 5 in to aru i think the anime went down hill a bit especially the final parts, i cant give comments on Rail Gun since ive never watched it but i heard it was an interesting watch, well im just hoping that second season would explain Toumas Imagine Breaker since in the first season there seems to be a big deal of secrecy surrounding it.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »
Lets not forget the guy who was hanging upside who seems to have been masterminding everything. Plus add in the Grimoires in Index's head. There's alot to explain, which is why the first season did so poorly. The first season was just a setup season.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 08:12:32 AM »
Lets not forget the guy who was hanging upside who seems to have been masterminding everything. Plus add in the Grimoires in Index's head. There's alot to explain, which is why the first season did so poorly. The first season was just a setup season.

Crippled Accelerator!  More Mikoto! 

I watched the trailer for Star Driver a few days ago.  Like other people, I agree that it looks both GAR and fabulous at the same time.  >_>  Then I read someone's blog saying it sort of sounds like a weird mecha My-HiME/Otome.  So...I'll now be watching that too.  How I'll find time to watch all this in my senior year, I have no idea.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 09:00:26 PM »
watched Star Driver FABULOUS already, its like Code Geass Mixed with Gurren Lagann with a dash of Eureka Seven, its pretty entertaining though i keep thinking the main chara is a member of Queens =/

and i got to ask if toumas abilities registered as a level 0 how did he know that he had the Imagine Breaker in the first place O___O?

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 08:27:27 AM »
and i got to ask if toumas abilities registered as a level 0 how did he know that he had the Imagine Breaker in the first place O___O?

Imagine Breaker...trial and error?

Aaand...here are my impressions of the shows I listed so far.
Hakuouki Hekketsuroku: Waiting for more groups to sub it but it's looking pretty unlikely to be able to pick and choose groups. 
Shinrei Tantei Yakumo: Well, they're really taking some liberties with the manga but I guess as long as stuff related to the characters don't change too much, their individual cases can do whatever.  Dunno if that guy who looks bad was in the novels.
Shinryaku! Ika Musume: Favorite so far!  Makes me actually burst out laughing. 
Star Driver: First episode was pretty...fabulous.  Not sure I can stand it much longer.
To Aru Majutsu no Index II: I'll reserve my opinions until it gets into a real arc, not that first episode with the arrow guy.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 06:48:20 PM »
Man these shows are something else. Oh well, back to Fairy Tail. MORE DRAGON SLAYER ASS KICKING TIME

Offline Yukio

• Addict
  • Do we dare fight against fate? Or do we live on?
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 07:18:57 PM »
Man these shows are something else. Oh well, back to Fairy Tail. MORE DRAGON SLAYER ASS KICKING TIME

I will need to get around to actually watching the anime for Fairy Tail, hehe. Honestly though the Japanese voices for most anime, at least to me, sound so much alike and are somewhat annoying. If any of the anime were redone with english voice overs with the same quality of Yu Yu Hakusho then it would be something I would watch. Though the chances of that is low.

Anyway, Shinryaku! Ika Musume is quite enjoyable so I may continue watching it, oddly enough it reminds me of Seto No Hanayome, as for the others I will need to watch a few more episodes of each before giving my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:21:31 PM by Yukio »

anything