Author Topic: Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi[Episode Discussions]  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
What dyou get when you mixed old fairy tale stories and add a modern school life twist to it? You get Ookami-san to Shinchinin no Nakama-tachi A.K.A. Ookami-san and the Seven Companions.

Sypnosis:A love comedy parodying fairy tales such as "Little Red Riding Hood," "The Ant and the Grasshopper," etc. Ookami Ryoko (Ookami-san) is a spunky high school girl. She is a member of a "fixer" club so called Otogi High School Bank. She fixes the school's problems with her partner Akai Ringo (Akazukin-chan.) The TV anime series Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi is adapting Masashi Okita's romantic comedy light novel series of the same title. The story centers around Ryouko Ookami, a high school freshman girl known for her fierce looks, unusual canine teeth when she smiles, and wild demeanor (her family name is homonymous with the Japanese word for "wolf"). Ringo Akai is a short high school freshman girl with seemingly cute, angelic looks but a dark demeanor (her name is a Japanese wordplay on "apple" and "Red Riding Hood"). Together with their odd friends, the two fight to change the world, one issue at a time. (ANN synopsis)

Ookami Ryoko is like Aisaka Taiga made bigger YAY ^__^
Fun first episode, a bit of Neko Fist Action(its like a cute way of implanting FAIL on your Face), animation is typical J.C. Staff Animation(which i have no qualms about) 

all in all its a good first impression, its a good series to follow and to watch by the looks of it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 06:46:16 AM by Kite »

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
Re: Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi[Episode Discussions]
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 03:42:05 PM »
I'm so watching it for grown-up Taiga.  It's really odd seeing such a tall character in anime but with a flat chest.  At least with this style, I guess. 

So far, I don't think this show will become a masterpiece or anything but I'm still watching it.  Just watching it for fun and not expecting much out of it.  I just wish Kuroko would shut up.

[edit] typo
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 03:42:33 PM by Waffo »

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
Re: Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi[Episode Discussions]
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 05:53:23 AM »
Gotta love tsunderes well Yandere>Tsundere anyway

just watched ep2 We get to see what Ryoko really is like*though i wonder what made her want to be like that* Ryoushi showed his cool side*im liking this guy more and more, Snipers FTW* dont know which story is this prolly a japanese folklore since it involves Onis

ep3 is for the characters Otohime and Urashima, the Hare and the Turtle, we find some surprising hobbies of the president, beauty pageant, and more tsuntsun and some dawwww moment at the end.

so far its all light hearted and funny episodes unless some major plot discloses i cant see this getting more serious.