Author Topic: Summer Anime 2010  (Read 4836 times)

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Summer Anime 2010
« on: May 28, 2010, 03:25:56 AM »
Well, its been out for a bit, but I got lazy and forgot to post.

Well the only thing that has really caught my eye is:

Highschool of the Dead

I haven't read the manga but it looks really good. I might watch Digimon (if it gets subbed) only for nostalgia, despite this being a totally new series of Digimon.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Yukio

• Addict
  • Do we dare fight against fate? Or do we live on?
Re: Summer Anime 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 03:39:57 AM »
All right! Highschool of the Dead actually has an interesting storyline but it more for the...mature audience. Looking forward to Digimon: Xros Wars as well since its...Digimon, which I still like watching actually. lol

Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin looks interesting as well and for some reason Nurarihyon no Mago is beginning to remind me of an anime I absolutely disliked..._crappy overly long series_.

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 04:09:45 AM »
Amagami SS sounds good, Shi Ki looks like my cup of tea cant wait for it as for highschool of the dead i should read the manga first and i hope this years digimon is interesting i kinda gave up between Frontier and Savers since they couldnt keep me interested unlike the first 3 seasons.

Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin looks interesting as well and for some reason Nurarihyon no Mago is beginning to remind me of an anime I absolutely disliked..._crappy overly long series_.
Would that be Naruto or Bleach cant be Detective Conan Since its too good.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 04:10:12 AM by Kite »

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 04:17:15 AM »
My guess is its i.n.u.y.a.s.h.a.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Yukio

• Addict
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 04:19:00 AM »
And that is 10 points for Aoshi due to his correct answer. ^_^

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 04:42:27 AM »
Hm, the High School of the Dead had too much fanservice.  I imagine the anime will be the same.

Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin - Horror and comedy?  Like...Ghost Hunt?  I'll give it a try.

Shiki - Well, I don't really watch horror much but I've been reading the manga, despite the kinda eh art.  Also, Ghost Hunt author!  Pure horror though.  No nice happy comedy chunks here...

The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - Not gonna watch it.  Just wanted to laugh at the repetitive sounding title.

Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi - Looks familiar.  Maybe saw the picture around.  Maybe I'll watch.

Asobi ni Iku yo - Maybe.  Looks energetic and stuff.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Yukio

• Addict
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 11:19:58 AM »
I do admit that High School of the Dead has a lot of fanservice but if you ignore that aspect it actually has a good story. I see it as more of a psychological horror type manga since it delves so much in what a person would actually do when placed in such a position and not just have the good hero that conquers everything type thing that many manga seem to have.

Honestly, I have no experience with any of the other type of anime listed so I believe I will see if anyone else likes the others before watching them. ^_^
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 11:22:23 AM by Yukio »

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 09:26:20 PM »
lets see, haven't seen anything yet. I'm getting mixed reviews between Legend of the Legendary Heros which has a lot of action. and Nurarihyon no Mago is apprently funny. So ima go ahead and watch it now and throw in my own opinion when i'm down

chow

ps is my sig too big? I thought I resized it, but I may need to do it again.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 04:35:54 AM »
has anyone seen the new digimon? im wondering if its any good since i dont want to waste my time torrenting it if its bad

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 10:44:24 PM »
^^ I haven't seen the new Digimon but on the topic of Digimon, i liked the first season the best. The second season was good as well but the series(for me) sort of went downhill ever since :(

And has anyone else noticed that Summer Wars and the first Digimon Movie is sort of similar?
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 05:33:11 AM »
I wonder why no one ever include the 3rd season? its not that bad and i especially like the Dark Digivolution part and Tsundere Loli yay!*cough* though i cant say for the 4th and 5th the new one i just saw it...something bout becoming a digimon king and some lame ass digivolution(This evolution just screams LEGO!) i wish they go back to normal evolution Rookie>Champion>Ultimate>Mega>DNA and i like how the goggles are back on the MC, ill see if its any good since digimon 02 started slow back then too with its Armor Digivolution, ill give you some feed back after a few ep.

Yup thats the same expression i got, waffo said its from the same creator so they look the same.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 05:39:47 AM by Kite »

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 07:36:22 PM »
You mean the same Character designer or same director? In what way did you mean the same? Same studio?

I've been downloading Digiman Xros War and High School of the Dead, but haven't gotten to watch 'em yet cause I've been on vacation in Florida the past 2 and a half weeks. Weak connection out here. Gotta wait til I get to PA at the end of this week.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 02:36:15 AM »
I reckon the goggles are like the most iconic part of the show besides the digimons themselves  ;D
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 04:31:54 PM »
Summer Wars, Tokikake and the Digimon movie all have the same director.  That explains the similarity of floating around in that white space filled with stuff.  With that said...I'm sooo jealous that you already saw Summer Wars! 
Its the same director as stated by waffo.
HSoD is good, though theres some heavy censorship and a lot of bouncing boobs
I loled at Tetsuro Araki's comments on what he wants to happen
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/07/11/i-want-jiggling-breasts-in-every-scene/

I reckon the goggles are like the most iconic part of the show besides the digimons themselves  ;D
Indeed, its like the trademark of every Digimon Leader.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 04:33:44 PM by Kite »

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 06:00:05 PM »
Oh right right, wasn't paying attention much ahahaha. I watched half of the first episode and its okay. Gives me a little nostalgia.