Author Topic: Kimi no Iru Machi  (Read 12483 times)

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
Re: Kimi no Iru Machi
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 04:38:29 PM »
Holy....I didnt see that coming, i thought Kazama was going to live and we'd get a continuation with his fight with haruto but ends up with his childhood friend....

Well im guessing with Kazama's Death there would be a more serious story and im getting a feeling that Haruto wont be going after Eba for a while, he might want to make his dream of opening up a restaurant his first priority before getting his girlfriend back

Ichigo 100% ending all over again

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2010, 06:31:55 PM »
The problem here is it wasn't Haruto's fault that Eba had a "boyfriend" in Tokyo.  In fact, Eba didn't technically have a boyfriend when she met Haruto. She decided to get with Ryuusuke only after she went back to Tokyo and only because he was dying. None of this is Haruto's fault, more being Eba's and Ryuusuke. It's mainly Eba's fault because she failed to tell Ryuusuke that she was "dating", sort of speak, Haruto.

The problem now is that Eba is depressed and if Haruto tries to make a move now, she'll probably think he's an insensitive jerk and say "eff off". So all in all, its a lose-lose for Haruto right now, and he knows it which is why he specifically stated "There's nothing I can say".

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 06:54:40 PM »
Wait...Ryuusuke? What manga are we talking about here o_O?
I think you meant Kyousuke. But anyways, what did you guys think of Kazama's last lines "I Can Trust Her To You"? Do you think that Haruto would really start dating Kiyomi because that was Kazama's final request and because she's all depressed?
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline KujoSan

• Undeniable Psychopath..
  • Addict
  • just a boy forced to act like a man ...
    • whatever I have
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2010, 10:45:15 PM »
The problem here is it wasn't Haruto's fault that Eba had a "boyfriend" in Tokyo.  In fact, Eba didn't technically have a boyfriend when she met Haruto. She decided to get with Ryuusuke only after she went back to Tokyo and only because he was dying. None of this is Haruto's fault, more being Eba's and Ryuusuke. It's mainly Eba's fault because she failed to tell Ryuusuke that she was "dating", sort of speak, Haruto.

The problem now is that Eba is depressed and if Haruto tries to make a move now, she'll probably think he's an insensitive jerk and say "eff off". So all in all, its a lose-lose for Haruto right now, and he knows it which is why he specifically stated "There's nothing I can say".

yep, if I was Haruto, I'd be to afraid to make a move, because of his great feeling of friendship towards Kyosuke.

Wait...Ryuusuke? What manga are we talking about here o_O?
I think you meant Kyousuke. But anyways, what did you guys think of Kazama's last lines "I Can Trust Her To You"? Do you think that Haruto would really start dating Kiyomi because that was Kazama's final request and because she's all depressed?

noooope, not in a life chance, because Haruto really love Eba..
~ It's been nearly TEN years since the day I know this Place, and I love Yanime so much, even if it's dying right now ~

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2010, 06:56:30 PM »
Geh, Kyousuke and Ryuusuke sound nearly the same so I got the two mixed up. Maybe Kimi is reminding me a bit of Beck a little, who knows.

And I'm with Kujo on this, not a chance in hell. Then again it wouldn't be surprising if the mangaka wrote it that way.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline KujoSan

• Addict
    • whatever I have
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2010, 12:53:26 AM »
hahaha, Ryuusuke and Kyosuke do have similarity, that is their long hair... ;D

if the mangaka makes the story goes that way (Haruto with Kiyomi, etc, etc.. ) I really think he mess up the story too much. if it goes that way, then what is the meaning of the whole story about haruto and eba?
~ It's been nearly TEN years since the day I know this Place, and I love Yanime so much, even if it's dying right now ~

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2010, 07:39:12 PM »
hahaha, Ryuusuke and Kyosuke do have similarity, that is their long hair... ;D

if the mangaka makes the story goes that way (Haruto with Kiyomi, etc, etc.. ) I really think he mess up the story too much. if it goes that way, then what is the meaning of the whole story about haruto and eba?

I dunno,  I think the mangaka just made what should have been a nice and simple love story into something which is just too complicated and confusing. Although the plot might have been more cliched that way, I wouldn't have had any problems enjoying it. 
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline KujoSan

• Addict
    • whatever I have
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 12:02:01 AM »
if we talk about enjoyment, I really have no problem either way.. ;D
can't patiently wait for another chapter..  :P
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 12:02:28 AM by KujoSan »

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 12:34:30 AM »
Its possible but highly unlikely that Haruto would get a love interest after what happened.

Im still hoping to see Kazama rise from the dead and say Hi to haruto lol

Offline KujoSan

• Addict
    • whatever I have
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 02:25:56 AM »
Its possible but highly unlikely that Haruto would get a love interest after what happened.

Im still hoping to see Kazama rise from the dead and say Hi to haruto lol

wouldn't it be a horror manga instead? lol :P

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2010, 02:14:49 PM »
the manga is going in another love relationship fast, man cant they cool it off a bit before Haruto falls in love again.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2010, 07:05:14 PM »
I don't call this love as much as just rebound relationship. Mishima knows that Haruto just came off of one, but she was testing the waters to see how far she could get. That's why all the questions in the recent chapter. On the other hand, maybe she's trying to fill the hole of a lost friend that Kazama left. Trying to grant the same relationship Haruto had with Kazama, just with Mishima instead.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 07:28:36 PM »
Well it seems like Haruto isn't completely ready for another relationship just yet otherwise he wouldn't have brought Asakura along. Although I think Mishima is a good character very easy going and hard not to like. It's highly probable that this trip to his hometown might bring the two closer together.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:55:36 PM by Asian_InvAsian »

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2010, 04:07:11 PM »
To me, the reason Haruto brought Asakura along is to follow typical japanese of being to shy to be alone with the girl you like. Honestly, its annoying. Sounds like Japanese people need to grow balls if this is how mangakas' depict a Japanese man.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2010, 06:47:18 PM »
Yeah I've seen too many of those shy and indecisive characters. It seems like all shounen mangas these days follow this stereotypical character development, personally I'm sick of that genre. Going by a typical plot line of this genre; Haruto will probably enter into a new relationship with someone (most likely Mishima) and then everything seems all good and fine on the surface for several chapters and then there will be some plot twist that will make them break up and then he ends up with Eba again. The End.

I think you can identify a good manga/anime sometimes by the viewer's reactions (usually it results in controversy). Anime's like Evangelion or Ghost in the Shell were highly controversial when they came out but became some of the best classics of modern animation.
I'd personally recommend a series called "Onani Master Kurosawa" some of you might have read it already, some might have not. I insist that you read it through to the end but don't be grossed out by the earlier volumes (cause I know I was...) It's a brilliant series that seeks to defy and deviate itself from the stereotypical constraints of the present day manga culture so yeah give it a read sometime.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 06:56:56 PM by Asian_InvAsian »

anything