Author Topic: Kimi no Iru Machi  (Read 12485 times)

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
Kimi no Iru Machi
« on: May 20, 2010, 02:24:24 PM »
discuss your thoughts, rage and hopes for the manga and the stories.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
Re: Kimi no Iru Machi
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 05:27:17 PM »
lol, well i thought that it was a very good manga until Haruto and Eba broke up. I silently raged at the story's outcome but i guess it just shows how good of a manga artist Seo-sensei is because he can evoke such emotions out of me :P

And thanks Kite for starting this thread...surprised no one started it sooner actually.
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 06:26:38 AM »
we should just discuss chapters here since i dont want it to be another *why ichigo 100% [insert your question] thread*

So it will be a Spoiler thread so those who havent seen the manga and doesnt want to be spoiled dont read the post with spoiler on.

Spoiler:
anyway lets start on the latest chapter, chapter 90, what do you think will happen with haruto and his persistence on getting eba back, i think eba is hiding something just as haruto said and the reason eba went out with kazama has prolly had to do with his disease which isnt said yet.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 12:36:49 PM »
Just read the first chapter. After reading some of the spoilers posted in this thread I decided to take a look at it. I'm a sucker for slice-of-life type stories, whether its romance or just comedy or something. This fits the bill. I've been looking for a new since i don't have a current weekly slice-of-life series to read.

UPDATE: Gotten further into the manga and I like it so far. I'm at the point when Haruto was suppose to go out shopping with Kanzaki but ends up going to Tokyo with Yuzuki instead. Haruto is a complete idiot as all main characters in stories like these are.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 10:46:34 PM by Aoshi101 »

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 09:02:48 PM »
Ok i just read chapter 91. When Haruto said " I came here to declare war...I'm taking her back!" . Man, If it was me i'd kill myself before saying such an embarrassing line with a straight face. But seeing that he has the balls to say that, i guess i should congratulate him. But now it's going to turn out to be some weird reverse - harem with Haruto and Kazama fighting over Eba.
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 03:42:45 AM »
If the Main character wasnt stupid there wouldnt be much on the story would there ::)

Spoiler:Chapter 91
Eba dated Kazama coz she took pity on him cant say im happy for that O_O and i feel sorry for Kazama for only having a year left to live, wonder how he would react to Harutos declaration?

Worst Case Scenario: Kazama dies, Eba doesnt get back together with Haruto, Haruto Lives on or he gets together with Mishima

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 04:07:03 AM »
 :o wow holy crap, I finally caught up to the recent chapter and just wow.

When Eba told him she had a boyfriend straight to his face a couple chapters ago, my hear sank for Haruto. Then when Haruto found out Kyousuke was the boyfriend she talked about, my heart sank even further for Haruto.

To me Eba is several curse words I'm refraining from saying. She's been toying with Haruto for a while and how can one be a girlfriend to a terminally ill'd man when she doesn't even love him. She's just paying him back for the help she gave her back in middle school. She's toying with Kyousuke's heart as well. My opinion for Eba is really low right now. I really feel Haruto should go back to Hiroshima and hook up with Kanzaki.

Overall so far I think this is one of the better series I've read in a while. Haruto is still an idiot for going out to Tokyo in the first place, even before we found out that the boyfriend thing was true. He should've just stayed in Hiroshima.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 06:08:06 PM »
Like i said every main character is an idiot, if they werent then there would be no story would there, also if you love something be a man and fight for it!

Yeah what Eba did really is low, Dumping your Boyfriend then Getting another just becoz of pity for the guy is bad, but i dont think haruto going back to hiroshima would solve the problem =P

though gotta admit if he did go back to hiroshima and ends up with kanzaki that would be really funny

also Read the Oneshot Version Kimi no Iru Machi (Yuna)
gotta admit it wasnt as moving as the series but the main Heroine Sakuragi made me think that the series might end with Haruto getting together with Mishima and not Eba or Kanzaki =P

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 10:38:57 PM »
Even though we know every main character is an idiot, I'll still call him an idiot  ;D

I didn't read the one-shot yet. It definitely would be interesting if Haruto ended up with Mishima. Haruto just needs to grow balls to tell people off who wronged him.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 10:58:27 PM »
growing balls takes time or in this case chapters in the world of anime and manga =P

what dyou guys think will happen at the end of this arc?

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 12:40:15 AM »
I think Eba will end up back with Haruto and Haruto will finish the year in Tokyo. I also think Haruto and Eba will wind up back in Hiroshima at the end of the school year, but for plot twist, I think Mishima will also wind up in Hiroshima, while Kyousuke will probably die at the end of the arc to end his story.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:41:41 AM by Aoshi101 »

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 01:41:41 AM »
kinda harsh with kazama dying, but if the manga ends that way it seems like itll be a waste, i mean its the prequel seiries to suzuka so theres prolly more twist and turns

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 04:53:38 PM »
I don't think its a waste. After all he is terminally ill with only a year to live. The only way the mangaka can get Kyousuke out of that hole he dug Kyousuke in is to make it that Kyousuke lied about his illness. If it happens like that then Kyousuke will definitely be an asshole and Eba will kick his ass, not to mention Haruto and Mishima will want a couple hits in there themselves.

I just don't think Kyousuke was lying so the only other way to end his character that makes sense is for his illness to catch up with him. Plus that can allow for some character development with each character having to deal with a loss.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 05:23:51 PM »
what i meant was it would be a waste if the manga with that just that happening i mean come on dont you want to see it go longer.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 10:35:31 PM »
Well you just asked about one arc. There's definitely going to be more than just that. That was just my prediction of what the ending of the arc will be, not the ending of the series.

anything