Author Topic: Kimi no Iru Machi  (Read 12510 times)

Offline KujoSan

• Undeniable Psychopath..
  • Addict
  • just a boy forced to act like a man ...
    • whatever I have
Re: Kimi no Iru Machi
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2010, 07:46:49 PM »
Yeah I've seen too many of those shy and indecisive characters. It seems like all shounen mangas these days follow this stereotypical character development, personally I'm sick of that genre. Going by a typical plot line of this genre; Haruto will probably enter into a new relationship with someone (most likely Mishima) and then everything seems all good and fine on the surface for several chapters and then there will be some plot twist that will make them break up and then he ends up with Eba again. The End.

it's exactly what I thought about this manga, it's nearly impossible for him to end up with other girls but Eba. just like Suzuka, Yamato and Suzuka are "fated" by the author to be together. As unreliable as he is, a lot of girls like him, but in the end, it's only Suzuka. sooo classic...
~ It's been nearly TEN years since the day I know this Place, and I love Yanime so much, even if it's dying right now ~

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2010, 09:02:34 PM »
it's exactly what I thought about this manga, it's nearly impossible for him to end up with other girls but Eba. just like Suzuka, Yamato and Suzuka are "fated" by the author to be together. As unreliable as he is, a lot of girls like him, but in the end, it's only Suzuka. sooo classic...

Yeah I'm sick of all this overused and generic material. The only reason I'm still still reading it is because the art is good and to prove my theory is correct =P
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline KujoSan

• Addict
    • whatever I have
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2010, 09:55:49 PM »

Yeah I'm sick of all this overused and generic material. The only reason I'm still still reading it is because the art is good and to prove my theory is correct =P

And in the end, we're still reading it, it's hard to deny that the art is good.. hahahaha ;D
~ It's been nearly TEN years since the day I know this Place, and I love Yanime so much, even if it's dying right now ~

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2010, 08:36:48 PM »
Hahah I know eh? We can keep on dissing about it but we're still gonna be eagerly awaiting the week's new chapter  :P
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline KujoSan

• Addict
    • whatever I have
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2010, 06:49:39 PM »
haha yeah, you're right, we gotta admit it.. ;D

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2010, 05:25:15 PM »
i havent read the manga in a while and god dammit i was suprised on how things went with, seo went with the another girlfriend route like it suzuka, it makes me feel that the end would be cliched, but really he could have picked nanami or akari over asuka since picking a character that was just supposed to be a side-chara over the 2 possible main heroines just leaves me gawking.

if things flows right then im guessing the ending would be haruto realizing he still loves eba and knocks her up like in suzuka :(

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2010, 04:07:53 PM »
if things flows right then im guessing the ending would be haruto realizing he still loves eba and knocks her up like in suzuka :(

Hahaha yeah definitely.

EDIT: Oh wow, timeskip! Probably the only thing I didn't see coming in this manga =P. However, I did see the appearance of a new female character...soooo Seo Kouji style... -_-
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 04:03:39 PM by Asian_InvAsian »

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2010, 04:45:37 PM »
i dont get whats up with seo piting haruto with all these girls, Suzuka didnt have an MC that had this much girls (--,)
and i thought it was eba too but i guess its a different girl =/

college would prolly be the last arc in KnIM and haruto will gonna knock some girl up as an ending =/
or either we get a Nice Boat/Nice Train Ending with all these girls around.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2010, 07:52:11 PM »
The time skip was kinda out of left field. As much as its nice to finally see another manga go into college life, the time skip wasn't planned right. It seems like Seo ran out of ideas and decided to throw in a random skip so he could get to a new age level where more stories could occur. It's actually fairly annoying.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2010, 05:15:28 PM »
I've since lost count of how many girls are in this Harem.  ???
Oh and by the way it seems like Kawashita-sensei is doing another manga! It's called "(G) Edition" ->http://www.mangafox.com/manga/g_edition/
She also did a oneshot called "My Idol"
Lets just hope that this one won't get canceled...

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2010, 07:48:37 PM »
Yeah I saw both of Kawashita's works, but I have yet to read em. The premises seemed weird.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2010, 10:57:16 PM »
Yeah it reminds me of a mix between Doraemon x Bakuman x Hatsukoi Limited...even the main heroine looks like that girl from Hatsukoi whose name I haven't bothered to remember...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:59:41 PM by Asian_InvAsian »

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2010, 05:48:43 AM »
Arent all girls of Mizuki-sensei looks the same?

Toujo Aya has the most look alikes which IMO gets sexier by the series while chimaki gets one who gets cuter by the series and almost all the cool guys looks like Manaka. its kinda painful to read her mangas now since i keep comparing them with Ichigo 100%'s story quality and im just getting dissapointed.

and i agree with AI with G Edition being a copy of bakuman and doraemon, must have been made coz of bakuman being famous now.

anyway were getting derailed so to back it up on topic.

Why did seo bother putting another girl in the story? shouldnt he just cultivated more on the AsukaXHaruto story instead of adding another girl to complicate things?

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2010, 09:06:50 AM »
It seems that's Seo's only way to create complication is by creating another potential girl.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2010, 04:54:26 PM »
Yeah but we all know that she'll just get rejected in the end anyways...

anything