Author Topic: Winter Anime 2009/2010  (Read 8540 times)

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
Re: Winter Anime 2009/2010
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2009, 07:46:09 PM »
I saw a 30 second preview for Qwaser and be forwarned it looks like a smiliar form of Queens Blade, hentai in disguise as some call it. Its good boobage galore. I'm not talking censored either and it looks like there might be some actual sex scenes in it, who knows tho because a 30 second trailer can only show so much. I'm definitely not watching this series as I dislike series like these.
Besides that last sentence. It almost sounds like you want to watch it.

I'm surprised by happy!  Given that so many online celebrities of the VG world openly hate anime and JRPGs, I was beginning to suspect that it was fashionable in the gamer world to hate on all things japanese.  I'm not a big fan of Halo, but I hope this venture works for them.
I'm no Halo fan, I'm just surprised that they actually went through with having the series turn into an anime. I also caught a glimpse of it, but not on xbox, it's called Halo Legends and personally. The art is new to me and kinda weird. Liked some parts, not all.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2009, 10:19:23 PM »
Meant to say "got" not "good"  :-\ ahahaha well I personally don't want to watch it but I know of alot of people who would.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2009, 10:53:27 AM »
I'm no Halo fan, I'm just surprised that they actually went through with having the series turn into an anime. I also caught a glimpse of it, but not on xbox, it's called Halo Legends and personally. The art is new to me and kinda weird. Liked some parts, not all.

Well, it's doing like a bunch of other shows where a different staff, including animation studio, take over each episode.  Ah, I'd laugh if there was a Halo episode done by KyoAni. 

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2009, 09:17:36 PM »
meh, I just wonder if master chief has done anything special that no one else could do

Offline Steven

• Resident Igo Enthusiast
  • Addict
  • What her outstretched hand embodies is...
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2010, 12:28:56 AM »
meh, I just wonder if master chief has done anything special that no one else could do

*shrug*  admittedly I've never seen what makes Master Chief such an enduring character.  I'm not an FPS player... at all... I actually suck at all of them, so I never even really got what it was about Halo that was different from everything that came before it.

Still, an American company using an anime as merchandising makes me happy, since in this day and age time has started to prove that there's not much money in anime in america.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2010, 11:08:58 AM »
Chart updated with Chartfag's final version. This is it folks, our shows for Winter Season. I need to find who subbed Tokimeki Memorial 4 OVA and it looks like the only show I'm watching or even taking a look at is Sorawoto. Thats fine though. I just download all the episodes of Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, Pat Labor and Gundam 0079 (almost done with 0079), so I got enough to entertain me until Spring. Plus the fact I'm starting college again here in a couple weeks so I won't have as much time as I used to.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 11:09:31 AM by Aoshi101 »

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2010, 06:10:29 PM »
Eh, nothing for me changed there.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2010, 11:35:52 PM »
I saw the first episode of So Ra No Wo To, and I have to say so far its really freakin slow. Took one entire episode just to introduce the four main characters, just like K-ON!. However the opening music was nice, I liked it and the story seems original so far. Im both disappointed and impressed at the same time. I'll give it a couple more episodes before I either hang it or continue watching.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2010, 08:57:38 AM »
Wow, how about Durarara!!?  (The title's exclamation points make me look way too enthusiastic...)  Pretty good first episode.  Don't think there was anything I really disliked in it.  Nice op and ed too.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2010, 10:20:27 AM »
So...So Ra No Wo To doesn't seem too bad.  Not awesome, either.  Third episode reminded me of Haibane Renmei.  It's a little more serious than K-ON!, which I don't think is a bad thing.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2010, 02:27:13 PM »
Durara looked interesting but i probably won't watch it. I've seen the first two episodes of So Ra No Wo To and its okay but I get too much of the K-ON! feel that I'm somewhat disappointed.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2010, 06:35:37 AM »
Aw, you won't watch Durarara!!?  You weren't a fan of Baccano, then?

Military K-ON! So Ra No Wo To has some characters that resemble K-ON! characters (and that one Nagato Yuki character there too) but there so far hasn't been so much emphasis on music.  Mainly, I'm just curious about the world that they are in.  Oceans being polluted or something that there's no life remaining in it anymore.  Those weird weapon/base/things in the newest episode that guard the area and have high tech looking images of kanji flying around.  So yay, it does sorta have a plot.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2010, 06:17:42 PM »
I've never seen Baccano and I don't plan on watching it anytime soon. I don't follow the masses in favorites and stuff. I hear alot of people talk about Baccano but it will never cause me to watch it because others say its good. I'll get to it in my own time.

I dropped So Ra No Wo To for now. I couldn't even bring myself to watch episode 3. I'm spending my time watching Ranma (up to episode 13 of season 1) but even that is losing its flavor pretty quick. Ryoga/P-chan pisses me off to no end along with Akane's naivety and stupidity. A person can only be so naive before they realize something's not right.

I posted up the new Spring 2010 chart in a new thread. Go take a look. Unlike Winter where it was full of crap shows, Spring actually looks pretty damn good. I posted my thoughts underneath the chart.