Author Topic: Important: Quoting text and privliges.  (Read 1673 times)

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
Important: Quoting text and privliges.
« on: October 25, 2009, 09:18:58 PM »
Hopefully Everyone on the forum is going to read this because not only will I need mokoto's permission, but I need everyone elses individualy.

Currently I am doing a project in college , in my college composition class called Discourse Community. Basically to say a Discourse Community is a specific group or community that comes together because of something they have in common. So for example: A group of football fans come together over someones house to watch the games. A group of friends who always hang together because they like music, movies, or games etc. Hopefully you get the picture.

The reason I am stating this is because I choose our forum Yanime, as the topic for my writing. In order for me to do this project, I need to (of course) observe you guys.  Eventually I believe I will be presenting "my findings" which means that I will be taking notes and probably quote or print out what you guys do and say.

Of course I will not be using anybodys name but I still need your permission's one way or another. After all it is against the law for me to present "my findings" without the proper persons knowing about it, and personally no one ever likes a law suit, so I would love to avoid one as much as possible.

1. I would wish to be allowed to take notes about the site Yanime, and be allowed to possibly print out copies of posts or threads for educational resources.

2. I wish to be able to directly quote you guys if possible. I will need everyones individual consent for this.

If there is any problems, questions or concerns please feel free to ask in this thread, or you can message me or email me.
aim:fightingmelee
email:fightingmelee@aim.com

I hope this is alright with everyone and you feel cool about me using you guys in my paper.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
Re: Important: Quoting text and privliges.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 12:53:03 AM »
Hey, why not?  Sounds cool to me.  Good luck on your paper. 

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 10:43:39 AM »
Thats fine by me as well. Good luck man.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 06:47:04 PM »
thx, i figured you guys wouldn't mind, but as i said before, it really is a law suit for it ><