Author Topic: Fall Anime 2009  (Read 15320 times)

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
Re: Fall Anime 2009
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 07:29:23 PM »
So far, nothing I've seen this season has been too good.

Kämpfer looks okay, but it's on the edge.

Nyan Koi might be worthwhile, but it's nothing special.

White Album actually looks like it might be a good drama, but it's awfully complex for just a single episode so far that I've seen.

Seitokai no Ichizon looks awful from trying too hard. I haven't watched The Sacred Blacksmith to have an opinion there, but I have heard it's pretty bad.

Asura Cryin' 2 might be decent, but CrunchyFail and 64-bit Flash on Linux don't get along well.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 07:30:06 PM by Motoko-chan »
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 09:39:42 AM »
so far, I still am not able to find a single show to watch. Are they in stores, I think I might go buy them

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 11:59:20 AM »
I have Nyan-Koi on my computer along with To Aru Kagaku no Railgun but haven't had time to watch them yet. 

Fightingmelee: They are most definitely not in stores yet.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 12:24:21 PM »
argh ><...
back to website searching for me v.v. The website I used died....again

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 04:11:21 PM »
watched Nyan Koi first episode, was pretty funny I think, has potential.

Saw Inu asha final act first episode (gotta finish wha I started no matter how bad it is), and lets just say its typical inu asha, but I did like the fact they killed off a villian in the first episode. However this final act is slated for only 26 episodes, are they seriouslly gonna be able to wrap up this anime in 26 episodes?

Some other animes Imma start watching are Sasameki Koto, Asura Cryin 2 (fail crunchy), Kimi no Todoke, Winter Sonata, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I might watch Book of Bantorra and Railgun. Haven't been in a "magical mood" this season.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2009, 04:57:37 PM »
I might watch Book of Bantorra and Railgun. Haven't been in a "magical mood" this season.

Good thing it's To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, then.  ^^
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 04:57:48 PM by Waffo »

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 12:03:07 AM »
Sucky part about it is that Railgun is based from Index, and if I'mma watch Railgun, I'mma need to watch Index  ::)

*EDIT* Just watched the first episode Seitokai no Ichizon and boy was it hilarious. Its definitely a worth watching if you love comedy and like random odd references to other anime and references to themselves by the fact that they are an anime in on itself. Freakin funny. Static-subs and Eclipse are doing this as a joint.

It seems awful at first because of the lack of an actual plot, but if you just take it for what it is (a random comedy) then you can enjoy it. Think Lucky Star kinda and you'll get the picture of this. However while Lucky Star used totally obscure references (which was a big turn off for me), Ichizon uses references of popular anime and such like Dragonball Kai, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu and others.

Also watched the first episode of Kimi no Todoke. It wasn't bad, but the plot, again, is vague beyond belief. I mean I guess the plot is about how the main female and male protagonists change over the course of the series, but depending on the amount of episodes this series is going to have, might be hard to come up with plots for episodes. It was only the first episode so we'll see. FYI Production I.G. animates this series, so the quality is good with interesting art.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 04:23:23 AM by Aoshi101 »

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 04:24:43 PM »
*EDIT* Just watched the first episode Seitokai no Ichizon and boy was it hilarious. Its definitely a worth watching if you love comedy and like random odd references to other anime and references to themselves by the fact that they are an anime in on itself. Freakin funny. Static-subs and Eclipse are doing this as a joint.

It seems awful at first because of the lack of an actual plot, but if you just take it for what it is (a random comedy) then you can enjoy it. Think Lucky Star kinda and you'll get the picture of this. However while Lucky Star used totally obscure references (which was a big turn off for me), Ichizon uses references of popular anime and such like Dragonball Kai, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu and others.

Eh, I've had enough of Lucky Star/K-ON stuff for now.  I loved K-ON to death but no more comedy slice-of-life for now.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 10:14:54 PM »
Misconception, in my opinion, its not a slice-of-life show. Reason I say this is because the show only takes place in one setting: the Student Council Room. Thats pretty odd in on itself so its not your typical show.

I personally never could sit down to watch a full episode of Lucky Star. Saw parts of the first episode and was bored out of my mind.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2009, 09:59:56 PM »
It did honestly get better but I'm not sure if it's worth it to go through it all.  Some good laughs but not as much as other shows for me.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2009, 11:57:48 PM »
I've watched some of Nyan-Koi, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun and Darker than Black II so far.  Nyan-Koi is my least favorite (I'm a dog person) but it's not bad enough to be dropped...yet.

Have Kobato and Kimi no Todoke on my computer but haven't had time yet.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 09:25:54 AM »
Either you guys watch too many shows, or I don't watch enough of them.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2009, 10:56:48 AM »
Kimi ni Todoke is pretty unique in its own right.

To me, I think I'm watching too many. I think so far this season I'm up to 7 different series so far with the potential of 2 more being added. Unfortunately I hate stopping what I started, no matter how bad it is.

I've noticed tho that half the shows aired this season are slice of life shows in some way or another.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2009, 11:41:00 AM »
Hm, Clamp did Kobato?  Maybe I won't bother with it.  Not really in a Clamp mood.  Haven't been watching much recently because I've been swamped with homework.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2009, 09:56:15 PM »
dear god dont' mention it. :-\