Author Topic: Fall Anime 2009  (Read 15292 times)

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Fall Anime 2009
« on: August 10, 2009, 09:02:33 AM »
Fall 2009: Preliminary Outlook. (Image was not made by me, found it elsewhere)

I'm lookin forward to several animes on this list, including Asura Cryin' 2, Winter Sonata, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and Darker Than Black 2. There's a couple others on this that spark some interest that I might look into.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 11:48:15 PM by Aoshi101 »

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
Re: Fall Anime 2009
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 06:08:52 PM »
Nooooooooo!  Not Winter Sonata!  My mom was obsessed with that drama!

My list of things I'll watch are:
Darker than Black 2 (Of course!  Reading the manga right now too.)
Armed Librarians (Because of some tiny hope that it's something like Toshokan Sensou.)
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (Favorite Index character!)
Kimi no Todoke (Sounds interesting)

Honestly, if someone subs the first episode of Japanese Stitch...I'll watch it.  I wanna see Stitch speak Japanese.

So...we gonna post our first impressions here when stuff starts airing?  That way, we could pick up other stuff that we ignored at first glance?

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 07:50:42 PM »
Yeah that would work, better that than having 12 new threads thatll only get one post each probably or none at all.

I actually watched a bit of the drama Winter Sonata back a long time ago. I enjoyed it despite only seeing episodes here and there. Never exactly knew what time it was on so I kept missing it. I'm looking forward to the anime.

And becaise Kimi no Todoke is by Production IG, im expecting good things from it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 07:51:14 PM by Aoshi101 »

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 08:25:12 PM »
I thought _crappy overly long series_ was dead....
guess it's still going. The guy who made was supposed to be dead, wonder if someone else is doing it

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 08:41:35 PM »
I actually watched a bit of the drama Winter Sonata back a long time ago. I enjoyed it despite only seeing episodes here and there. Never exactly knew what time it was on so I kept missing it. I'm looking forward to the anime.

Bleh.  I like my dramas with a large dose of comedy.  But to each his own.

I thought  was dead....
guess it's still going. The guy who made was supposed to be dead, wonder if someone else is doing it

Um, is something being censored?

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 11:06:15 PM »
He meant to say "_crappy overly long series_". You have to space it, that word has been censored on Yanime long before I came here. Actually no Melee, _crappy overly long series_ was created by Rumiko Takahashi. The original 167 episodes were based off the first 28 volumes or something like that. This new series is based on the second half of the manga series that was never aired, meaning episode 28-whatever it ended at. I'm not sure on the exact manga volumes.

Ahahaha Waffo, I like my comedy-ridden dramas as well. However I also enjoy the least comedy ones as well ahahahaha
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:07:04 PM by Aoshi101 »

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 07:56:43 PM »
Ahahaha Waffo, I like my comedy-ridden dramas as well. However I also enjoy the least comedy ones as well ahahahaha

I like sad drama-ish stuff but somehow, when it comes to actual jdramas, I can't stand serious and sad ones.  Saw 1 Litre of Tears and didn't cry a bit.  I get attached to characters better through humor, I guess?

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 09:53:24 PM »
Well we experience drama in our real lives, why would we want to watch it on tv?  ::)

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 03:46:51 PM »
Well we experience drama in our real lives, why would we want to watch it on tv?  ::)

Drama of your own?  Cuz I just see drama of my friends.  And I suck at comforting people.

Offline Yukio

• Addict
  • Do we dare fight against fate? Or do we live on?
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 11:13:14 AM »
I can only watch shows that, whether it is anime or not, that at least have some humour even if its a small amount. Otherwise, I would just lose interest since I rather dislike the dour and serious type shows. As for the anime the ones I am looking forward to are Kampfer, Armed Librarians: Book of Bantorra and Yumeiro Patissiere. At least they seem entertaining.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 08:37:01 PM »
I can only watch shows that, whether it is anime or not, that at least have some humour even if its a small amount. Otherwise, I would just lose interest since I rather dislike the dour and serious type shows. As for the anime the ones I am looking forward to are Kampfer, Armed Librarians: Book of Bantorra and Yumeiro Patissiere. At least they seem entertaining.

You didn't watch the original Darker than Black and To Aru Majutsu no Index?  Both have some good humor.

Offline Yukio

• Addict
  • Do we dare fight against fate? Or do we live on?
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 10:17:13 AM »
I did watch some of those series but I did not really enjoy them that much. The type I like are the ones that have a nice blend of comedy, action and romance such as Onidere when it comes to manga. Of course, any anime that has a good storyline with endearing characters would be something I would watch.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 07:16:16 PM »
He meant to say "_crappy overly long series_". You have to space it, that word has been censored on Yanime long before I came here. Actually no Melee, _crappy overly long series_ was created by Rumiko Takahashi. The original 167 episodes were based off the first 28 volumes or something like that. This new series is based on the second half of the manga series that was never aired, meaning episode 28-whatever it ended at. I'm not sure on the exact manga volumes.

ty for the correction. Y is the Name "_crappy overly long series_" Banned, does it mean something else?
So the "28" volumes or 167 episodes was part of the first half of the series. And currently the up coming one would be the second half. Y did they stop it half way, thats kinda odd?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 07:18:41 PM by fightingmelee »

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 03:50:39 PM »
It was stopped halfway because Takahashi took several years off from writing the manga, they ended up running out of story for the anime and instead of making more fillers they just decided to end it. Now that Takahashi came back and finished the manga, they now have the rest of the story to complete the anime.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »
I wonder what was the real anime and what was a filler O.o. atleast now my cousins will be very happy to see the anime back