Author Topic: Higashi no Eden  (Read 7363 times)

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
Higashi no Eden
« on: May 01, 2009, 10:13:49 AM »
Because it's so full of awesome that it needs its own thread, especially while it's airing.  I at least know that Yukio, me and my hopefully soon to be joining friend are watching it.

So...I love that dog.  I still wonder if those wings are real or what.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Re: Higashi no Eden
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 12:20:23 PM »
Been tryin to find time to watch it but I've been rewatchin Kenshin and watching other Spring 09 anime so haven't started it yet. Heard it was good though.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
Really darn good. I finally watched ep3 last night. Cute dog, but I think the wings are tied on. It's especially nice to watch the show on a proper big LCD screen (32 inch 720p).

I knew it would be good with the first episode when the opening music started up. Any anime that picks Oasis for their music is a winner (almost any, at least).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:46:53 PM by Motoko-chan »
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline DRkDraGoNarChER

• Clean
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:36:19 PM »
Ahhh finally I can post... Higashi no Eden is amazing and I wish that the new episode was out... I also wish my stupid computer would fix it's issues with syncing audio to video :-( But yea, I agree with Motoko, the dog is cute and should be interesting to see what Takizawa Akira gets himself into now.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 01:56:52 PM »
Aoshi: You'd better get on it.  Go make some time for it.

Motoko: Eh, sorry to say I had never heard of Oasis til Higashi no Eden.  I do love the theme songs though, both of them.  So much paper...

5000 GET!!!!

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 07:27:26 AM »
Yeah Waffo, couple days after posting on this thread I made some time for it. Watched all current episodes and I have to switch my opinions about the best anime of spring 09 to Higashi no Eden. Can't expect anything less from a Production IG anime. And I also agree about the music. This is one series that I will definitely buy the Soundtracks for and buy the anime when its released in the states. I'll also recommend this anime to Jess, I'm sure she'll like it.

DRkDragon, I have the same syncin issues. Once I get my quad core 2 system up and running in the next couple weeks I shouldn't have that issue anymore. 1080p videos here I come! Oh wait animes are still mostly in only 720p, damn!

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 09:46:13 PM »
Good to know you like it. ^^

Offline Yukio

• Addict
  • Do we dare fight against fate? Or do we live on?
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 04:37:21 AM »
All in all it is a great anime though I do not entirely like the voice of Saki but other than that voice all the others are great, or at least bearable. The music, storyline and art on the other hand are extremely good, at least that is my opinion, so I will most likely do the odd thing and buy the anime as soon as its released instead of waiting for a few months after its release like I normally do.

The dog is quite cute though at the same time for some reason it seems a little creepy as well. Most likely my imagination.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 02:27:29 PM »
Too many Johnnies.  Still a very enjoyable show.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 04:11:33 AM »
Wow I was extremely impressed with the series. I was hoping for more though. So many questions without answers.

However whats great is there's two films adaptations of this series coming out. First one is due out in Novemeber of this year in Japan, and the second one comes out in January 2010. I'm psyched for the films and I hope it fills the questions I have.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 01:05:23 PM »
I'm following Frostii's subs so don't spoil anything.  >_>

Only up to episode 9...

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 05:25:40 AM »
I went with Koharubi's releases, cause they released all the episodes at once, so I got the episodes I was missing. I won't spoil anything though :)

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »
Hmm, going to DC today.  This should be fun. 

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 07:34:30 PM »
Yeah Waffo, couple days after posting on this thread I made some time for it. Watched all current episodes and I have to switch my opinions about the best anime of spring 09 to Higashi no Eden. Can't expect anything less from a Production IG anime. And I also agree about the music. This is one series that I will definitely buy the Soundtracks for and buy the anime when its released in the states. I'll also recommend this anime to Jess, I'm sure she'll like it.

DRkDragon, I have the same syncin issues. Once I get my quad core 2 system up and running in the next couple weeks I shouldn't have that issue anymore. 1080p videos here I come! Oh wait animes are still mostly in only 720p, damn!
Hmm, If Aoshi likes it and so does Waffo, i guess i can youtube it. ususally I would ask for more info about it but I'll watch it now instead

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 10:33:56 PM »
Don't youtube it!  Don't stream it in any way!  Can't you download?  Higashi no Eden deserves it...

anything