Author Topic: My thoughts on the darm ending.  (Read 17031 times)

Offline Yuki Rito

• Clean
My thoughts on the darm ending.
« on: February 02, 2009, 09:26:27 AM »
Wah! Just finish reading ichigo 100% and i am totally emotionally-drained. :'( Never had any book or manga made me feel this way and I am an avid reader. I feel so sorry and indignant for Aya Toujo that my heart is shattered into pieces. I totally disagree with and reject the ending as it seems contrived and doesn't make sense, how the hell did this happened? I was crying tears of joy when Aya finally confesssed but turned out crestfallen, I tell you man, I feel like punching Manaka that bastard!! >:(

I am now cooling myself down and gave my analysis how the hell did it turn out this way...These are my views:

1. It is obvious that Aya is the one for Manaka, not that blondie. >:( They share the same dreams, they inspire each other and even Aya's career as a writer was started by Manaka; Manaka's source of inspiration was clearly Aya. The chemistry btw Aya and Manaka feels so pure and innocent, its more like love compared to his interaction with the other gals, which feels like there is a huge element of lust in it. Even Manaka stated that Aya is the only one that can make him feel the way he like, and with Aya everything is possible. Aya is more than perfect, she's the best gal:sweet, kind, gentle, refined, very intelligent, cute, pretty, shy, extremely humble, devoted to her love and not to mention, very wealthy. She did so much for Manaka, copying notes by hand for him, sacrificing the chance to go to a better school to be with him, contribute to the films he made and tutor that dumbass to get into highschool. A gal like Aya is sent by heavens to him!! Manaka is so lucky!!U won't find another gal like AYA!!Manaka must be a blind idiot to give Aya up, he is a disgrace to all guys out there! Feel so angry! Does Manaka have any brains? If I am his friend, I would kill him!! >:( If I am his father, I would fry him!! >:(

2. Ok..I have got calmer. One thing is that why the hell the relationship btw Aya and Manaka gets interrupted  whenever it was on the point of blossoming? There are tonns of misunderstandings btw them that never gave them a chance to develop their love. :( :( So many obstacles are there.. Amachi, Kozui n Satsuki play a huge part in creating these misunderstandings and destabalize their love. Why is that blondie so lucky? She only have one destabalizing factor in Higure and Higure is never as thick skin and forceful as Amachi and thus very little damage is done. It's very unfair on Aya!! :'( :'(
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:22:14 AM by Yuki Rito »

Offline Yuki Rito

• Clean
Re: My thoughts on the darm ending.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 10:20:15 AM »
Continue..

3. Okok.. lets see.. I think the genius of Aya's writing abilities also play a part. I remember Manaka did say that Aya is too gifted as a writer and he feared that he might never match up to her and she is too good for him. That blondie's ability as a chef and his ability as a director is probably on the same level so thats why they can identify with each other. Both idiots face the same problems of being mentally drained during the 3 day vacation and thats when it seems they have bonded. What a plonker Manaka is, Aya never mind about this at all.. :'(

4. Blondie got lucky. She ended up working next to Manaka's workplace. >:(

5. Aya has not so good communication skills. Why did she told Manaka during the 3rd filming that she won't be going to the same university with him and that breaks Manaka's heart. I know she's shy and all but her ambiguous attitudes don't help matters. :'( :'(

6. Why are manaka's buddies so useless?? Misuzu, Satomura, Ookusa all knew Aya's feelings for him. Why they didn't push him harder?? If I m Manaka's buddy, I would have force him to confess to Aya!! >:(

7. oh yeah, on a side note, what happen to Ookusa? Such a promising character that vanishes after a brief period in the manga. He has a thing for that Blondie so why he did not try harder for her like that bloody Amachi? Why is it so unfair to Aya?? :'( :'(

8. I wish that Manaka and Aya would have make love in that hut so that their mutual love would crystallize but they got interrupted again. Darm!!

9. Lastly Manaka and Blondie relationship is crappy and tricky. It was never strong to begin with, they have to break up for 4 years, what a joke! If Manaka and Aya gets together, they would accept and deeply love each other immediately and no 4 years rubbish. Thats what love is all about, you accept the boy/gal for whoever they are!!

10. I was crying throughout the Aya's confession scene and the snow scene btw Manaka and Aya. I feel like dying when I reflected upon the fact that Manaka and Aya have the same fate number during the love sanctuary festival. :'( :'( :'(
The fate that binds them will always be there and I absolutely believe they will get together in the future. Kawashita's comments hints that the weird relationship btw Manaka and Blondie is a difficult one. Its clear that Aya still have feelings for Manaka and Manaka told her to wait for his and her movie, the precious thing that binds them forever. The ending is a open and very ambiguous one and it hints that Manaka and Aya together is definitely possible!

Darm that Mizuki Kawashita for this ending!! I think she come up with this controversial ending just for the sake of being controversial so that readers can remember her and thats not a what a good author should do. Thats what hacks strive for! Heard that it was because of a poll done, wonder if it is true? If true, to hell with you.

Sorry guyz! Pardon my long ramblings. I just need to get everything out. Aya had left me teary-eyed. I feel so empty inside. I can't think of anything else, not my gf, not school, not friends, not home, not anything, dun even feel like eating. I don't think I can sleep tonite. Feel so devastated. :'( :'( :'( How long did my fellow Aya Toujo fans took to get over this?? AYA TOUJO ALL THE WAY!!! LOVE AYA TOUJO!!! IF I EVER FIND AYA TOUJO, I WOULD LOVE HER WITH ALL MY LIFE!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 11:09:11 AM by Yuki Rito »

Offline MINAMI KOTARO

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 04:49:54 AM »
man...i can feel what exactly your feeling... ;)
but it would be better if you don't just let your emotion out here...u have to let the author know too..
send a letter to her about your disappointment...hopefully she would make something special for all the fans outside japan especially US, since the manga is still running in US by VIZmedia

here is her official fan mail address :

〒101-8050
東京都千代田区一ツ橋2-5-10
集英社 週刊少年ジャンプ編集部気付
(または ジャンプスクエア編集部気付)
 河下 水希 先生

(if u can't see the address above, u have to setup your computer languange and regional config at control panel)

i hope this really help...coz, its very hard to find her address...but i finally found it!  ;)

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
  • currently known as the master of fa-... nvm
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 05:05:08 PM »
you know deal with the ending that all i can say all other aya fans also feel that way too you know?

Offline MINAMI KOTARO

• Clean
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 12:57:09 AM »
yeah~ not just toujo fans, also kitaooji fans...

Offline whandoodleys

• Clean
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 12:38:33 AM »
YEAH!!and Manaka went out with Nishino 2 times but he didn't even go out with Toujo for 1 time!and the confession part was really ver sad ><

Offline LiZzArD

• Clean
  • Meat Is Murder
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 06:11:49 AM »
why is he calling tsukasa blondie???I think he is over reacting about this story; but somehow I felt the same as him after I finished reading the manga ;full of symphathy for aya toujo but atleast the story made me happy in some part and I can also relate in some part but not the ecchi one hehehehe....the only thing I could say for u YUKI RITO get on with your life  ;D ;D ;D

take note I'm both aya and tsukasa's fan
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 06:13:54 AM by LiZzArD »

Offline LiZzArD

• Clean
  • Meat Is Murder
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 06:21:10 AM »
I think YUKI needs a psychiatrist for him to move on with his life.....

no offense but I also felt empty and troubled after finishing this manga but I said to my self life is not perfect and not all love stories end with happiness so I just looked in the bright side and said it's not my problem if aya is not happy or if the ending is bad or whatever it is as long as I enjoyed reading it for some time and finished reading it...... 8)

Offline MINAMI KOTARO

• Clean
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 10:01:47 AM »
yeah~ as i said before...
just send a letter to the author and u'll feel better...

but if u read the author's last note on the last volume of the manga, maybe u can feel better too...
have u read it? or not?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:02:33 AM by MINAMI KOTARO »

Offline LiZzArD

• Clean
  • Meat Is Murder
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 07:24:31 PM »
I've read it and I felt furious reading it at the fist time, but I realized whats the deal feeling angry at first right??? I'ts her story she don't care if you like it or not....
am I right??

Offline MINAMI KOTARO

• Clean
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 10:03:48 AM »
u shouldn't be furious... ;D

part of the mangaka's last note :
"Toujo fans please don't be disappointed.i may have not drawn out her happiness in love. but i promise she'll have a great future!
manaka and nishino's future is more suspect. its hard to succeed in love. but its also hard to keep it"

its a lil ambiguous,
makes me think, maybe nishino and manaka would break up several days after the ending scene...
and then the war between aya, satsuki and nishino would be started once again...
its like somekind of clue for the sequel, eh?

Offline Yuki Rito

• Clean
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 08:16:40 PM »
Yo, guys! It took me a while to get over the ending. It has left me pretty melancholic over the past few days.

Well, the comments clearly state that it is an open ending where everyting is possible and Aya and Manaka will be together again.

No matter how I look at it, from whatever angle, Manaka and Aya still look the best together. Aya is clearly the soulmate of Manaka.

It's beacuse of Aya's consideration and kindness( she did not openly show her jealousy to Manaka and was always considerate to him, even to the extent of encouraging Kozui to go out with him.) that she lose out to Blondie(I m not really fond of her).

Aya was too innocent in the game of love whereas Blondie is sharp and wily. She knows how to use her charms and openly shows her jelousy to Manaka resulting in Manaka's change of feelings.

Hell, until now I am still aggrieved. Manaka and Aya share the same dreams, they have the best chemistry(their rooftop scene never cease to moved me and I still feel pretty sad when I think of all the dreams they share together), they understand each other and whatsmore the pushup confession was suggested by Aya! They should definately be together and they will!

Offline Yuki Rito

• Clean
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 08:21:46 PM »
Oh yeah, thanx Minami Kotaro for the address! Have you guyz written to her?

I might write to her but will she pay attention to it, since ichigo 100% had ended 4 yrs ago. Wonder if she have any plans for a sequel?

Offline LiZzArD

• Clean
  • Meat Is Murder
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 11:42:38 PM »
correction for yuki it's not push ups it's pull ups hehehe
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 11:44:29 PM by LiZzArD »

Offline MINAMI KOTARO

• Clean
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »
Oh yeah, thanx Minami Kotaro for the address! Have you guyz written to her?

I might write to her but will she pay attention to it, since ichigo 100% had ended 4 yrs ago. Wonder if she have any plans for a sequel?

i think she would pay attention to your letter...u know, it maybe ended in japan 4 years ago...but its still running in US...

anything