Author Topic: Some live-action adaptation discussion...  (Read 5581 times)

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Re: Some live-action adaptation discussion...
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2009, 03:07:10 PM »
Blood Movie just came out on DVD, it was in limited release in theaters. Like here in WA, it was only shown in one theater up in Seattle. I wanted to go see it cause it really do look pretty decent but couldn't make it up there in time. Now it should be out on DVD so take a look around. Blood really got passed up because there was alot of blockbuster type movies that came out at the same time as Blood so no one noticed (i.e. Harry Potter and Ponyo)

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 05:16:19 PM »
meh who knows. I heard the live action for Death Note was ok, not all that great compared to the anime. I heard there is a 2 but nothing about it. IF there is a 2.

Offline Steven

• Resident Igo Enthusiast
  • Addict
  • What her outstretched hand embodies is...
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 12:45:54 PM »
There was a second death note movie, yup.  The movies were average at very best, but proved as great a failure at adapting an anime as any in america.  The fans over here just have more unreasonable support of the DN movies, since they were japanese, and thus (according to them) inherently better.

The DN movies weren't without their charms, of course.  They were campy and narmy, and I was legitimately impressed with how the movies ended the Light/L battle by using a death note rule that was mentioned in the manga but never shown.  I found that to be creative.  On the whole, they were lackluster, though.