Author Topic: What Should YAnime Become?  (Read 32666 times)

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
Re: What Should YAnime Become?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 08:50:34 PM »
True we could do that but where would we get a script writer ???
and we will need some people with a decent voice if not we will just sound like a bunch of dorks ;D

Man, podcasts have scripts?  I thought they just sit there and talk about any topic they feel like.

Maybe we should have auditions of our voices...  I've got an embarrassingly deep voice...

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 09:03:01 PM »
auditions would be helpful

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 09:46:24 PM »
most podcasts have at least an outline of what they talk about, tho youll find some amateurs who just wing it. Good podcasts have at least an outline/organization of what they are gonna talk about and how long they spend on that particular subject before moving on.

And I like that scanlating idea to host other's projects here, the problem though is as Motoko said, the bandwith. Unless if a steady stream of donations come in to increase the bandwith of her server (which Motoko is reluctant to do), then Motoko can't necessarily host the files on this server.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 03:28:39 PM »
Unless if a steady stream of donations come in to increase the bandwith of her server (which Motoko is reluctant to do), then Motoko can't necessarily host the files on this server.

I quite literally cannot increase the bandwidth to this server. It's sharing a T1 at the office where I work. Once demand pulls up, I'd have to move the site to an external server/service.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 04:40:50 PM »
Well either way, donations would be necessary in order to increase anything, which in this case means a better server.  ;)

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 05:03:28 PM »
so technaclly we can't do the podcats without more bandwith

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 07:20:35 PM »
we can, its just we would put the files up on a filehosting site like mediafire until we get a string of donations of those who would be willing to donate. I mean seriously, if 20 people donated 5 dollars a month thats 100 dollars we would have to put into a server. So once we develop a fan base and they are willing to donate we could do it.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2008, 09:54:37 PM »
which in this case means a better server.  ;)

Server's fine, connection is the limiting factor.

we can, its just we would put the files up on a filehosting site like mediafire until we get a string of donations of those who would be willing to donate.

I've used TalkShoe before, and it works fairly well. Might be worth a try. I do like the podcast idea. We can host transcripts on the site.

Maybe discuss a different series (old and/or new) each "episode" with some news tidbits and stuff. 30 minutes would be a decent length, and a three person discussion could easily fill that.
Motoko-chan

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 03:55:02 PM »
Well you said you can't increase your connection on the current server you are using because its the office server. Which means we would need to get Yanime its own private server or a temp server if we want to have a better connection. Am I wrong?

Anyhow if anyone knows a good recording and mixing program by all means fill us in. We will need 1 mixer to make the final product. Think of a mixer as a video editor but for audio only. Also we will need 3 hosts that can use Ventrilo and then we will need a ventrilo server for this. I might be able to get us a temporary vent server to use once a week for the podcast, but thats a maybe.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 10:03:44 PM »
Well you said you can't increase your connection on the current server you are using because its the office server. Which means we would need to get Yanime its own private server or a temp server if we want to have a better connection. Am I wrong?

Correct. I have some contacts who might be able to provide a VPS if we need it.

Anyhow if anyone knows a good recording and mixing program by all means fill us in. We will need 1 mixer to make the final product. Think of a mixer as a video editor but for audio only. Also we will need 3 hosts that can use Ventrilo and then we will need a ventrilo server for this. I might be able to get us a temporary vent server to use once a week for the podcast, but thats a maybe.

Audacity is a good multi-track editor. (Sound Forge is even better, but expensive.) However, look at TalkShoe. It handles all that. We'd just need to get it right on the first take.

By the way, Skype would work too if we have someone do the recording.
Motoko-chan

Personal Links:

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 10:56:08 PM »
Actually Skype might be better, but I only used it once. So if you could help us in that area that would be awesome.  ;D

Offline Tenchisama

• president of the nee chan fan club
  • Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 07:49:39 AM »
skype is pretty good and if we are talking about doing things without spending money, a really good free audio editor is called goldwave I have been using it for years for the sound in my flash and music videos.

The world keeps spinning round!!!

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 10:03:17 AM »
a really good free audio editor is called goldwave I have been using it for years for the sound in my flash and music videos.

I remember GoldWave from back in the Windows 3.1 days. It isn't free, however. It costs $45. Audacity is a darn good multi-track editor (GoldWave still appears to be single-track), and it's no-cost.
Motoko-chan

Personal Links:

Offline Tenchisama

• president of the nee chan fan club
  • Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 12:24:51 PM »
opps Im sorry I should of said I have goldwave for free ;)

The world keeps spinning round!!!

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 02:54:57 PM »
wut a way to get things confused >.<