Author Topic: What Should YAnime Become?  (Read 32604 times)

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
What Should YAnime Become?
« on: August 27, 2008, 11:15:05 PM »
With only four or so of the same people posting in the last few months, I'm hoping to get a bit more participation by asking everyone (even lurkers) what YAnime should become.

I just hate having a dead site like this without a real purpose. There isn't really a community posting, the scanlation part is dead without any translators, and I just can't think of what to try to revive things.

So, please give some suggestions. I'm open to most anything as long as it fits the domain name. Of course, if one of those lurkers happens to be a translator, I'd be happy to start scanlation again. I'd really love to pick up Alto, which it seems has stalled and won't be continued.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Re: What Should YAnime Become?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 03:14:55 AM »
Well making part of the site into a "users' reviews" submission might be kinda cool. Where people can submit their own reviews on anime, as long of course, as it follows some sort of guideline in writing.

But then again something like that by itself probably wouldn't work very long, so we need to attach it to something else.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Tenchisama

• president of the nee chan fan club
  • Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 07:54:36 AM »
Hmmm I know what we need is a war  ;D
the last time we had a large influx of members was when we started a war with Jurian towers and we got a lot of members and even ended up with a type of alliance, so maybe if you find another site that is doing scanlations and offer to help them distribute it on yanime so they can save some bandwidth and get more hits on search engines.

The world keeps spinning round!!!

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 07:51:52 PM »
Urg, I don't really have any idea.  And I haven't been on much for the past few weeks because of a dead computer.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 10:57:34 PM »
maybe if you find another site that is doing scanlations and offer to help them distribute it on yanime so they can save some bandwidth and get more hits on search engines.

While it is nice, I just don't have the transfer to spare on that idea. The site is on my personal server right now because it is so low traffic. I'd like to liven this place up, but without shooting bandwidth usage through the roof.
Motoko-chan

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 11:02:04 PM »
Wouldn't the bandwith usage shoot up either way if this place livens up again?

What about a podcast? Yanime podcast that a few of us can put together. We use another uploading site to upload the podcast to or whatever is used for it so the server doesn't get sucked of bandwith.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 09:26:51 PM »
Wouldn't the bandwith usage shoot up either way if this place livens up again?

Sure, but a download location is a sure way to get an instant problem, while some healthy growth could allow for revenue from donations and/or advertisements (I'm really hesitant to do that part) could pay for the growth.

What about a podcast? Yanime podcast that a few of us can put together. We use another uploading site to upload the podcast to or whatever is used for it so the server doesn't get sucked of bandwith.

What would it be on?
Motoko-chan

Personal Links:

Offline Tenchisama

• Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 08:29:28 AM »
hmmmm.. a podcast is actualy a rather good idea :o

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 09:03:48 AM »
Hm, my friend does bug me about doing podcasts sometime.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »
What would it be on?

Well it could be on anything. I used to run a radio show that just ran music and I used to subscribe to a podcast with a 5 dollar premium donation in which I got to listen to the live shows on ventrilo while they recorded it.

There's many ways we can do this. Brainstorming the ideas would help on what we could run on the podcast. What also could help in the end, if we get a auidence for this we might end up getting a translator for the scanlation side in the end. So it could benefit the group and get it started again.

Ideas on what we could run?

Offline Tenchisama

• Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 06:46:07 AM »
Thats the question. we would have to come up with topics that are both fresh and interesting and then do some advertising.
I mean we could run Anime music but that only goes so far. :P

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 10:57:34 AM »
Well maybe on could be a voice actor stuido segment. Get a group of friends together and either re-act out famous scenes in a humorous manner with the script slightly changed, or make alternate endings to animes with whole new scripts. Of course that would require some script writers.

Hell we could even do a deep discussion segment on specific anime and/or video games. This segment is where 2 or more people would get together (most likely on ventrilo), and discuss in depth specific animes and their meanings. Anime is a very psychological thing. Deals with real life affairs all the time, its just trying to understand it thats the interesting part.

Offline Tenchisama

• Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 02:59:56 PM »
True we could do that but where would we get a script writer ???
and we will need some people with a decent voice if not we will just sound like a bunch of dorks ;D

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 07:37:24 PM »
well umm me and my friends are kinda trying to start a flash project, though we r rookies we could try some kind of animation for Yanime

and also on the podcasts ideas, it could be just like the I am ninja thing, but about anime instead
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:39:12 PM by fightingmelee »

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
  • currently known as the master of fa-... nvm
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 09:39:25 PM »
My idea is the same as tenchisama that we would offer help to distribute manga from a scanslation group and about the scriptwriting im gonna ask kite if he will help me or n0t cuz i cant do it alone if he agrees then we will be the writers if its possible and were still amatuers but im g0nna do my best
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:53:11 PM by Kazenoken »

anything