Author Topic: What Should YAnime Become?  (Read 32728 times)

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Re: What Should YAnime Become?
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2009, 03:10:02 AM »
Thats correct Yukio, so if you know of someone or if you yourself can translate then by all means we can start again.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Yukio

• Addict
  • Do we dare fight against fate? Or do we live on?
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2009, 07:29:03 AM »
Well, I am not capable of translating so while we do look for a translator are there any other ideas for what we could do that people would want or enjoy that has to do with anime and/or manga that we can do in the mean time while we try to find a translator? Maybe one that does not require a translator.

Maybe just give a list of things you go to anime and manga based sites for if that will help.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2009, 01:04:41 PM »
Well, scanslation would make more sense as it is a play on the word translation you would have to have that "s" there Waffo.

Hmm, so if we actually managed to find a translator then it would be possible to start the scanslation group again, correct?

That's what I think but no one uses scanslation anymore.  An old term that's died? 

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Yukio

• Addict
  • Do we dare fight against fate? Or do we live on?
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2009, 04:23:04 AM »
No, I don't think it is a term that died but merely idiots who don't know how to spell. Interesting how many there are these days that would rather do whatever is quickest instead of spending a little more time on their grammar. ^_^

Offline dink

• Clean
  • kekekeke zerg rush
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2009, 09:30:24 PM »
Ahoy there everyone~!

My name is dink, and I'll be your captain for this go-around. I have plans to don the Yanime flag, and the first course of action that I'm planning on is picking up 'Addicted to Curry' and jointing it with the last group that was responsible for the project. That being with NCIS. (I'm also assuming these guys have the RAWs and everything)

With that said, I feel that an introduction is most certainly due on my part. Currently, I am the leader of a group called the DFCG. (I'll provide you some external links for those of you who are skeptical below) As a result, I'm currently translating two other projects affiliated with this group so I have my hands tied down quite a bit but... the good news is if enough of you are serious we'll be able to get this to take off.

I'll be providing the translations for Addicted to Curry and for those of you who are interested, please contact me either on IRCHighway (inside the official #yanime channel) or through PM. Hope to hear from you all soon~

(P.S. I know this is a bit off-topic, but I was taught that the correct way of saying it is/was 'scanlations' not 'scanslation'. >.>)

http://dfcg-scans.com <- the website looks like crap, i know. but my designer should have the website up and about in about a month or so.

http://mangahelpers.com/news/details/162 <- here's an interview I had a while back with the ever-popular MangaHelpers for those of you who are interested.

edit:
http://www.shorttext.com/0b6n8she7 <- Oh, and I almost forgot. Here's an example of my work as a translator for those who are curious. ^.^~
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 10:09:18 PM by dink »

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2009, 07:25:18 PM »
(P.S. I know this is a bit off-topic, but I was taught that the correct way of saying it is/was 'scanlations' not 'scanslation'. >.>)

And yet your title is "Scanslation Staff".  Awesome. 

Man, you scanslation staff people get training and your own vocabulary lessons?  Wow!  ^^

Ah, almost forgot.  Welcome to Yanime and our oddness?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:25:43 PM by Waffo »

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me

Offline xRisingForce

• Clean
    • lalala
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2010, 01:36:22 PM »
jump starting a thread that needs much jump starting!  let's find a translator and get this ball rollin.

p.s. i'm a good proofreader

make that great
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 01:38:36 PM by xRisingForce »
lalala

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2010, 06:30:26 AM »
Its weird that we have all the needed people except a translator (--,)

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2010, 07:19:26 AM »
hey like they say, "u can't drive a car with a missing part"
ps: don't prove me wrong, let me have this moment.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:20:07 AM by fightingmelee »

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »
I do wish I could do something to help with the situation of the scanslating scene and Yanime.  I'm taking beginner Japanese in college and I really don't think that is at the level of any manga.  Hell, we just learned how to say "to want" today.  >_<  Proofreading comes pretty naturally to me, though.  But all other positions are pretty easy to fill, except for the main one that you have to be freaking fluent in Japanese for. 

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2010, 06:15:16 AM »
i think basic and general knowledge would do but not a freaking weeabo...(--,)

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2010, 11:11:05 AM »
*shrugs* I know nothing so I would be very useless in the situation

Offline xRisingForce

• Clean
    • lalala
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2010, 11:48:24 AM »
what happened to all the great translators who worked on ichigo and addicted?  would they be unwilling to come back on board?  even if they're casual about it, a casual translator's still better than no translator.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 11:49:06 AM by xRisingForce »
lalala

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2010, 09:43:39 AM »
They're busy with life, I assume.  Like the rest of us.  Not much free time after you graduate high school.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2010, 09:37:34 PM »
They're busy with life, I assume.  Like the rest of us.  Not much free time after you graduate high school.

Basically that was it. They wanted social lives, or got a job or new job. Heck, my current job is taking a lot of time I might otherwise spend doing things like editing.

I've been considering turning this site into a community-oriented (but not a Facebook/MySpace/social network of the day clone!) review/discussion site. Community members could submit reviews of licensed or fansub material which would be reviewed by an editor then published. Discussion on the shows could happen in the forum, and a real nice site could be created.

I know AnimeSuki is huge with their forum, but we'd have an advantage of being closer-knit and possibly with some solid reviews.

Now all I need to do is find the time to get this all going...
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

anything