Author Topic: Spring 2008  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
Spring 2008
« on: April 13, 2008, 08:22:51 AM »
Anyone watching anything this season?  I mean the stuff currently airing in Japan, of course.
http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_SPRING_2008

I'm definitely watching the next season of Code Geass.  More emo facial distortions FTW! 
I read a few chapters of the Nabari no Ou manga and I ended up liking it so I'll try out the anime.
Allison & Lillia is on my list to watch since it has something to do with Kino no Tabi's author.  Art seems a little...old (?) though.  Plus there's no talking motorcycle.
Kurenai seems interesting so I'm trying that out too.  The art's a little odd, though.
And I was desperate enough to download Kyouran Kazoku Nikki raw so I think it'll be a fun show.  It's probably random as hell but I haven't watched any of those kind of shows in a while.

I have a feeling that the only shows I'll really like and want to keep on my portable HDD is Code Geass (since I have the first already) and Kyouran Kazoku Nikki.  So far, I have to say that this season doesn't look too exciting.  There's barely anything. 

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Re: Spring 2008
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 10:58:10 PM »
There's a couple here that I'mma watch. Two of them are being subbed by a group that I'm gonna hopefully be encoding for. Only if Sho get off his butt and let me know when I can start lol

Anyhow the series I'mma watch are:

To Love-Ru
Kure-nai
Macross Frontier

Those are the for sures. Everything else will be by the seat of my pants.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 08:27:23 PM »
I'm giving Allison to Lillia one more shot before I decide to drop it.  Also, I'm picking up Vampire Knights now. 

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 07:36:12 AM »
You might drop Allison and Lillia? I watched the first 2 episodes the other day and I thought it was quite interesting... it really felt like a Miyazaki movie or something...

So yeah, I'm watching that, still watching Naruto, Bleach, and Gundam 00, and I'll be watching Macross Frontier as well, of course.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 09:27:59 PM »
I dunno.  The art's a little different from what I'm used to and the story itself isn't to my taste.  I want to like it, since it's related to Kino no Tabi, but it's hard...

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 07:21:47 AM »
I think what really gets me is that the plot is actually a lot like Turn 'A' Gundam... minus the whole Gundam aspect. Haha... I need to watch episode 3 when I get some time.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 06:59:58 AM »
I have watched

dragon ball z

yuyu hakusho

Rurouni Kenshin

Um, that's not what I meant by shows for Spring '08...

And I don't think you really need a link to them...

anything