Author Topic: Group Reboot?  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
Group Reboot?
« on: February 26, 2008, 11:29:01 PM »
So, I've been thinking, and I'd love to see YAnime start up again.

After some discussions on IRC with older staff, I've got an active translator (AlphaUltima) who'd be interesting in helping scanlate Miname-ke (yeah, I know the link goes to info on the anime).

I can help edit a bit and QC edits, but more staff would be a big plus. I'd love to get some more editors around who can help (I'm pressed for time, so I'd work better being QC than editor).

Is anyone interested in being an editor? I'd help train you, but you need at least some skills in image editing. I don't care the software as long as you can do a decent job. I know we have some eager posters here, so step up and help start the group again!
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
Re: Group Reboot?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 01:54:26 PM »
Wow, sounds like a good idea, that should help around here as well... however I don't think I'll have time to do that. But I will try to be around the board more often. Good luck with it! :)

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 02:00:41 PM »
Wow, sounds like a good idea, that should help around here as well... however I don't think I'll have time to do that. But I will try to be around the board more often. Good luck with it! :)

You have so much more time than I do but likewise!!  Instead of checking the forums once a year, maybe I can spend time coming here once a month! :P

Good luck and if I could help in any way, I would :( but I'd probably hinder your progress rather than helping it, heh ^^;

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 05:52:06 PM »
I could be the editor. I did some training in editing. Not sure how good it is so you may want to give me a test on it. Was gonna help out another group at the time but it fell through cause I was busy at that time. I have more time now so I would gladly put in as editor.

I should get on the IRC channel sometime  ::)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 06:02:42 PM by Aoshi101 »

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 07:00:12 PM »
I am 100% useless, but I came to wish u luck and hopefully u get a lot of ppl wanting to help.

;D

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
  • currently known as the master of fa-... nvm
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 04:46:08 AM »
me too i wish this project luck...

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 08:58:25 AM »
It won't go too far if we don't get some more help.

I'm not asking for experience here, I'm willing to help people learn. All you need to know are some basics on how to use an image editor.
Motoko-chan

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 11:54:41 AM »
I'm not asking for experience here, I'm willing to help people learn. All you need to know are some basics on how to use an image editor.

How many hours per week do you figure it might take? Given that some will take longer then others...

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 03:48:11 PM »
All you need to know are some basics on how to use an image editor.

I'm up for this Motoko. I am familiar with and have used Photoshop CS2 all the time, I do have the program fyi.

So I'm up to be editor.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 08:19:39 AM »
How many hours per week do you figure it might take? Given that some will take longer then others...

It depends on the title and your experience, familiarity with image editing, and quality of the raws. It could be four hours or only two. In bad situations, it could be six to eight (really messed up raw and we can't get better). We won't be doing much on the sound effects, so that will shrink the time needed.

Also, since it will will be only one title for now, you could split the chapter across the number of editors we have.

I'm up for this Motoko. I am familiar with and have used Photoshop CS2 all the time, I do have the program fyi.

So I'm up to be editor.

I saw your earlier post, you're on the list for when things get moving.
Motoko-chan

Personal Links:

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 05:15:41 AM »
im pretty clueless with computers and stuff so i'll just be waving a flag and wish you guys good luck(wait... summers gonna start so maybe i can help out)

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 05:12:33 AM »
Once you guys have a title, let me know and I might be up for editing... I wouldn't really be able to help with anything else. ^^;;

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 09:43:13 AM »
Once you guys have a title, let me know and I might be up for editing... I wouldn't really be able to help with anything else. ^^;;

Um...

After some discussions on IRC with older staff, I've got an active translator (AlphaUltima) who'd be interesting in helping scanlate Miname-ke (yeah, I know the link goes to info on the anime).

The project is still currently dead because of the low interest. If you do decide and can help out, I might start moving things along once more.
Motoko-chan

Personal Links:

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 11:32:12 AM »
Ah, I forgot you mentioned that manga. I'm just not sure when I'll have time, so while I wouldn't mind helping out with editing, I wouldn't want to make or break this. ^^;;

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 02:05:25 PM »
I was never here for the manga so meh.  Can't do anything helpful, anyway.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

anything