Author Topic: this is for you, waffo  (Read 2254 times)

Offline :Lost:

• Guardian Angel
  • Slightly Buzzed
this is for you, waffo
« on: October 21, 2007, 12:07:42 AM »
I was taking a random trip down memory lane and looking at all the old poems and short stories I put on here. (and thanking god how much I've improved) But, anyway, since the fan writings (well, actually, the entire forums ... but we all know that) isn't all that active, here's a poem I wrote not too long ago. =D

Rain God

The city itself was beyond its hours and most likely its own time. Or it was built under the law that it shall be doomed from the start. Or the garbage men were off their shift.

And the children themselves were covered in neatly ironed clothing and carried identical lunch boxes with little notes from their mothers. “I love you,” or “have a nice day.” And the children shared expressions. And she couldn’t determine who was eager to learn Or not.

One little boy was weeping and she held him close and told him everything was okay. Or she looked away. And the little boy tugged violently on her skirt (without anger, he later claimed) and she looked down to him.

Sunlight swept across his slightly tanned skin; his freckles almost appeared as the stars in a moonlit sky that danced when you looked the right perspective. Straw-colored hair and a matching hat and a grin with crooked, yellow, teeth but with pink lips that whimpered:

“Why doesn’t it rain anymore?”

“We hid beneath these mask so well that even God doesn’t recognize us as living,” she replied.

Or she looked up. And like his name, no one remembered

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
Re: this is for you, waffo
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 02:20:28 PM »
Zomg, something dedicated to me!  Fan Writing is a little more full today!  Poor children...

*POWs this to death*
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:21:34 PM by Waffo »

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

anything