Author Topic: Final Countdown?  (Read 6555 times)

Offline Panzor227

• Clean
Re: Final Countdown?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 07:26:27 PM »
Hatsukoi Limited...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 07:34:56 PM by Panzor227 »

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 10:37:27 PM »
so how many people is needed for the stuff? if i can help i'll gladly do it

At the very least, a translator and an editor. For careful work, a translator, an editor, and a QC checker. Preferably a Japanese translator so the quality is as good as possible. Chinese manga has already been translated once as it is.

YAnime used to have a translator, a translation checker, an editor, and a QC person for the titles.

Oh, and we'd need raws.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 04:23:11 PM »
So, I have two hosting options I'm looking at.

• My personal server: Since the site doesn't get all that much traffic anymore (being inactive and such), I could probably put it on my personal server. It is a bit bandwidth limited but should still perform better than what I'm seeing currently.
  • Noated's server: I'm talking with the owner about using their server. They want me to move the forums to vBulletin, but I'd like to keep SMF around (I'm a bit biased).

Either way, the site will probably stay up, and be better off than it is now.

History time! (I'm a bit nostalgic)
The site when i first came to the group was originally hosted by FuitAdnet, which was reselling from EV1 at the time (iirc - they appear to be using DedicatedNow currently). I was originally brought aboard to help fix the forums (in their previous incarnation) as it was broken. Interestingly, most of the forum files had mysteriously disappeared. After helping fix that and it happening a few other times, we decided to move to a new host.

We moved to PowWeb on reference from a friend who had great experience with them. They were actually really great for some time. We had a period of issues for a bit (site on the same server was being DDoS-ed, which affected all sites on the same system), but those issues were cleaned up and support was very good.

After a bit, PowWeb was purchased by another company called Endurance International (they own a few other places like BizLand). At this point, they started changing things (as usually happens). The servers all got changed around to a "new platform" (FreeBSD to Linux move, among other things) and things were okay for a bit. However, things have been slowly getting worse and performance even at non-peak times sucks. PowWeb has changed from a real bargain (yes, they oversold, but they kept things running well so one wouldn't notice) to an outright garbage host.
Motoko-chan

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
  • currently known as the master of fa-... nvm
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 04:58:52 PM »
ouch if we need people like that i dont know where to find one cuz i cant read kanji... but if theres some i could do to help id be glad to

Offline Clear

• Clean
  • Very clear
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 05:15:48 PM »
well you could pick up cleaning its the more easy choice than translator at your stage hmmm

this can get you started abit i think you'd just have to pick up the rest

http://sen.monkey-pirate.com/t_edit-clean.html

I'm working on a translator now i have a few japanese friends with good english and japanese seeing if they could dedicate thier hard free time.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 05:17:58 PM by Clear »
河下 水希 ありがとう! いちご100% 2002 - 2005
May your work be in fame forever!

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 05:37:23 PM »
thanks ill definitely study this

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 01:29:37 AM »
do we need Chinese translators? it'll take me a few years before i master my mandarin class, so maybe i'll try for editors if i can

Offline Zackies

• Addict
  • Horray!
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 06:11:56 AM »
Although I never have time to visit Yanime anymore, I miss it and its a shame its going down.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 02:01:12 PM »
Whoa, I was just thinking about you yesterday!  I was like "It'd be cool if Zackies popped up for a second sometime."  ^^ 

*huggle-stabs*

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Youko Kenshin

• Infamous Bishounen Hunter
  • Budding Addict
    • MySpace Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 10:03:14 AM »
Even with 5 classes in college, I actually have too much free time.

I'll do something, I guess.

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 05:50:36 PM »
thanks for the help

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 09:52:51 PM »
It isn't so much money, although I'd rather not spend the cash to keep the site up when it has no purpose. Rather, we have no team that can do stuff. If enough people can be dedicated and start the group up again, I'd be happy to work with them to get this rolling.

Well I tried starting an scanlating group back on KAF but it failed cause we couldn't get translators. But if someone is willing to work with me on turning out better editting job, I can QC and Edit. Plus I think my g/f (whom she and I met here at Yanime) might be willing to work on projects as well. If you think you can get some translators we'll be willing to put in time to do it. Not like I don't have much to do aside from working. :D

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 04:38:18 AM »
Yay! yanimes starting to live again(i hope)

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 07:23:21 AM »
I'll just cheer all the maybe future staff from the sidelines.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 07:32:40 AM »
The big problem with restarting would be translation. I don't happen to know anyone that could help us on that.
Motoko-chan

Personal Links: