Author Topic: Female Otaku?  (Read 17288 times)

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
  • currently known as the master of fa-... nvm
Re: Female Otaku?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2007, 06:35:09 PM »
no youre not, i've seen both types, and one of them is my close friend. she is very busy with her job and she comes to my home almost everyday to read manga or do anything related to them... she even wants me to accompany her to search for manga related items.. but, i must admit, it's kinda fun to have a friend like that (especially becoz i'm like that..)..  ;D

well its really fun to have that kind of girl friend

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2007, 03:32:58 AM »
no youre not, i've seen both types, and one of them is my close friend. she is very busy with her job and she comes to my home almost everyday to read manga or do anything related to them... she even wants me to accompany her to search for manga related items.. but, i must admit, it's kinda fun to have a friend like that (especially becoz i'm like that..)..  ;D
well most people just use it to relax and i know what you mean its nice to have someone who shares the same interest with you and we should quit it be fore we go OT again

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2007, 08:10:13 AM »
well most people just use it to relax and i know what you mean its nice to have someone who shares the same interest with you and we should quit it be fore we go OT again

I thought going off-topic was the whole point.  :P

I do think it has been settled that there are females out there that like anime and manga, they just are not as easy to pick out and some even actively hide it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 08:10:30 AM by Motoko-chan »
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2007, 11:29:30 AM »
most of them just do it for cash

Become an otaku for cash?  Er, I'm an otaku and I have to say that it certainly does not give me any money.  It should do the exact opposite.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2007, 12:03:40 AM »

Become an otaku for cash?  Er, I'm an otaku and I have to say that it certainly does not give me any money.  It should do the exact opposite.

no your missing the point....
they just sell stuffs like that for money, they arent even interested on it anime's or manga....

I do think it has been settled that there are females out there that like anime and manga, they just are not as easy to pick out and some even actively hide it.

well some really do hide it but when your inside an anime convention center(or is that what it is called???) you can find someone outside actually staring inside with shining eyes but cant go inside....

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2007, 03:32:35 AM »

no your missing the point....
they just sell stuffs like that for money, they arent even interested on it anime's or manga....

well some really do hide it but when your inside an anime convention center(or is that what it is called???) you can find someone outside actually staring inside with shining eyes but cant go inside....
kinda like genshiken ;D
well its not relly a bother since ive found many of my female classmates are otakus but not die hard ones ok maybe one of them

its amazing the types of people you meet in collage

Offline KujoSan

• Undeniable Psychopath..
  • Addict
  • just a boy forced to act like a man ...
    • whatever I have
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2007, 08:07:35 PM »

yup, for my friend's case, yes she does the exact opposite from what kaze said, she's an otaku because she loves anime and manga, though sometimes she uses animes and mangas as a catharsis

yup, most of them even actively hide it, just like you said, even my female-friend have only show her manga-freak after she knew that i do have the same interest with her...
~ It's been nearly TEN years since the day I know this Place, and I love Yanime so much, even if it's dying right now ~

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2007, 05:12:07 AM »

well its hard to find a job in this country, so, many people just do anything that can bring them cash

so true...-_-
only when people saw my friendster did they show their true colors

Offline Youko Kenshin

• Infamous Bishounen Hunter
  • Budding Addict
    • MySpace Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2007, 08:25:41 PM »
You know that I'm an otaku when...

If you shove me in front of any episode of the S-CRY-ed dub,  and I yell:

omgwtf stop pronouncing the names wrong goddammit!

...or the dub of the Yu Yu Hakusho Movie:

omgwtfbbq his name is Kuwabara not Kuwahara dumbasses! GOD FUCKING DIE!

...yeah...>>"

omg...keke...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 08:26:51 PM by Youko Kenshin »

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »
To go along with that last post...

Is it so hard for the MAIN CHARACTER to pronounce Mikuru correctly?  Why, Bang Zoom, why? T_T

Alright, I'm done.

If someone says they became an otaku for money, I'd say that's not really an otaku.  It's a lifestyle/obsession thing, not something you decide to a spur of the moment because your wallet's empty (or heavy).  Weird.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2007, 05:22:34 AM »
well you cant call people who only does it for money an otaku. and being an otaku is really expensive :'(

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2007, 04:58:30 PM »
If someone says they became an otaku for money, I'd say that's not really an otaku.  It's a lifestyle/obsession thing, not something you decide to a spur of the moment because your wallet's empty (or heavy).

true but here in our country people would do ANYTHING for money

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2007, 02:11:22 AM »
note: ANYTHING

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2007, 11:26:26 PM »
as in ANYTHING well i noticed that when i always go to a comic alley store theres tons of girls there...

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2007, 02:47:13 AM »
really? why didnt i notice them? well theres 2rats most of the people there are girls but i dont know if theyre otakus? makes you wonder