Author Topic: Gundam 00 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]  (Read 22009 times)

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
Re: Gundam 00 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008, 08:07:17 AM »
I bet Saji is gonna get one either by the end of the first season, or sometime during the second season. We know its coming.

I sort of hope not... the rest of them all have some sort of combat training and the will to fight... true he might get a will to fight after this last episode, but he's just not the pilot-type character. :-\ I can see him more taking on his father's and sister's job of journalism and researching further into Celestial Being.

and can some one clear this for me is it Vader or Veda and is it Lagna or Laguna? the subs keep changing and i get really confused

Yeah, I think they were just going by sound until the episode they changed it... it popped up at one point on the monitor and it read "Veda". And I prefer Shinsen's subs, just because I've watched many other series by them and they've always been good quality.

Though in my speculation, if Lockon is hurt badly enough he might be out of the cockpit for a while. Which means that frees up a meister position, which means are they setting it up to where Saji might be the next chosen meister? Its possible because if you look at all the meisters backgrounds so far, they all have some sort of tragedy happen to them. With Saji having some pretty bad twist of fates in recent episodes, he could be next on the meister list, with or without Veda's prediction. Sumeragi is a good strategist and might realize the need for another meister in their arsenal.

That is possible... however, remember that no one but Setsuna even knows the kid exists at this point... that's the only connection. And Setsuna hasn't even seen him in a while since he hasn't been at his apartment. So Sumeragi probably wouldn't even think of it unless she meets him somehow... perhaps if he finds out where they are and sneaks on the ship to investigate or something... but that's a long shot. ^^;; Although, all arrows do lead to space for him.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008, 05:22:13 PM »
I do agree that more than likely Saji will try to finish the investigation into Celestial Being because thats the most probable course of action for Saji.

However the possibility does exist for the latter where Saji jumps into a suit, which I think we all agree hope doesn't happen because it seems like a repeat of what Kira did at the beginning of Seed. Though the circumstances were different, both still had a reason to jump into the suit even though they really had no combat experience to begin with.

I think Setsuna and Saji will eventually talk to each other again and Setsuna will find out what happened. Though not sure exactly what would be said, but Saji could get some information.

I dunno I'm just speculating ahaha

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2008, 10:13:54 AM »
However the possibility does exist for the latter where Saji jumps into a suit, which I think we all agree hope doesn't happen because it seems like a repeat of what Kira did at the beginning of Seed. Though the circumstances were different, both still had a reason to jump into the suit even though they really had no combat experience to begin with.

Well, they're still different... Kira was an engineering student if I remember right... he was a coordinator, and had a huge aptitude for learning how machines and computers worked... much like how they showed young Amuro in 0079 as a mechanical genius... so he figured out how to operate the Gundam through just looking at the manual.

Saji, on the other hand, is just a kid. That's it... he's got the feelings behind him, but no skills to speak for... and Newtypes or anything of the sort don't seem to exist in the universe of Gundam 00. The closest seems to be the artificial humans/whatever. ^^;;

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2008, 01:36:48 PM »
Well remember, we know that Saji is going to be working in space. We have yet to know in what field of work. He might need some regular mobile suit experience, who knows. Until they specify in which field he's working, the possibility of him having some unspoken skills is still a possibility. But I will say thats pretty unlikely.

In the end I agree that more then likely he'll end up investigating the murder of his sister and what Celestial Being really is.

I'm also interested in what that Chinese girl is going to do now. She pledged her alliegence to the Trinities only because they can get the job done quicker, but what is that going to mean for the regular 4 meisters. Is she going to use her information to kill them off or what?

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »
Yeah, I'm wondering what she's really up to as well... the people watching Celestial Being are all quite interesting. ^^;;

I need to watch the newest episode... :(

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2008, 03:17:06 PM »
darn its been licnesed by Bandai T___T i cnat watch it anymore(wonder i veoh has it)

oh yea i know this has nothing to do with the topic but i just reallly want everyone to see this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIls2e2eU7c

P.S. gonna edit this when i get back from school
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 03:18:04 PM by Kite »

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2008, 03:51:23 PM »
Well no information yet on if Nyoro~n is going to drop the series. Thats the group I get my episodes from.

Well after the 22nd episode I can now say I can pretty much say the Trinities are screwed.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
oh yea i know this has nothing to do with the topic but i just reallly want everyone to see this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIls2e2eU7c

Haha, how does something like that even get made? ^^;;

Well no information yet on if Nyoro~n is going to drop the series. Thats the group I get my episodes from.

Well after the 22nd episode I can now say I can pretty much say the Trinities are screwed.

Yeah, I have a funny feeling SOMEONE will continue it no matter what... someone always does. And everyone knew it was coming, Bandai has been licensing most anything that's not UC here for a while... although I'd still like to get some nice DVDs of the Zeta Gundam trilogy. :(

And yeah, the Trinities are screwed indeed... ^^;; Considering there's probably only one left and her suit isn't even functioning properly.

And the whole point of this series... for Setsuna to drive the quickest Pontiac of all time. :)

EDIT: From what I can tell from Shinsen's website, it doesn't seem like they'll stop either. :) They were just a bit late in releasing this episode I guess?

EDIT: And I'm having trouble finding information on the license... where did you guys hear this? I figured it would be on ANN or Gunota Headlines... and AnimeSuki still has the episodes up...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 04:01:36 AM by Judau »

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2008, 06:47:54 AM »
Haven't found anything on the licensing of Gundam 00 but I did find that they licensed Shigofumi and True Tears.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2008, 04:50:53 AM »
it was written on the website that i was watching on, it clearly says:This Series is Licensed! Please support the series and purchase the DVD!and it says that it was licensed by Bandai, and yeah the Trinity got their asses kicked big time =P i feel sorry for johan though
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 04:51:30 AM by Kite »

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2008, 07:41:34 PM »
I just can't beilev Lockon is dead, He was my favorite character. Now they will have to deal with that Giant ship like Gundam.
I only have one question, Where the hell is that girl from trinity trio, after her brothers died and setsuna saves her she just up and vanish. Like she has some place to go.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2008, 11:01:28 PM »
I believe the chinese informat, Miu something or whatever, has something to do with Neena's disappearance.

Well you are right Kite, it was licensed but they don't have a release date yet. Either way its still being subbed so I'm happy.

I agree Melee, Lockon was my favorite as well, along with Christina, but both of them were killed. Now I'm left with no favorites at the moment.

I love the ending to season one and I can't wait for season two in october.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2008, 06:34:54 AM »
when in october is it going to be shown?

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2008, 04:12:28 PM »
dk but I can't wait. I stopped watching Bleach for this

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2008, 05:05:37 PM »
Mid-october last I read.

anything