Author Topic: Gundam 00 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]  (Read 21993 times)

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Re: New Gundam Series: Gundam 00
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 04:52:23 PM »
whoa extremely late reply there Kite sorry bro ahahaha

I never saw GUndam Wing yet. Been trying to find it in avi format cause I'm not ready to spend 80 bucks on it. ahahaha

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 07:12:18 AM »
While I'm not caught up with this series right now, I am up to around maybe episode 12? It's been a while since I watched that episode, so I don't exactly remember... I've just been downloading it each week and not watching. However, I will say that up to the point I've seen, I'm pretty impressed. For the first time in a while, I can say I like the main character and I love the Gundam X feel with the 4 pilots being almost like the mercenaries of X, but with ideals to back it up and apparently one hell of a budget. So I guess we'll see how the series goes on...

At the very least, it'll be better then Destiny because we won't have to worry about flashbacks to a series we've seen already. ^^;;

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 02:09:18 PM »
yeah its going to be better since the only flashback you see were the past of the characters but damn theres a lot of hating going in that series i mean theres setsuna and his gang mates and now saji...well i totally expected that something would happen to saji and louise^^

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 06:00:51 PM »
One flashback episode which wasn't really a full flashback episode. Half the episode was a be of recounting that looked like it was setup for those who decided to skip episodes and needed a brief summary. The other half was new information and scenes. So definitely not like Destiny.

Judau, you'll be more amazed when you finally catch up. So much happens in the episodes you haven't seen yet. I'm surprised how much they are able to fit in one episode and still make it work.

Saji is definitely going to do something big. I hope they don't turn it towards a GSD look alike with new more powerful gundams etc etc. kind of thing. We all do know that Saji is going to find out eventually that Setsuna is one of the meisters. He'll probably get the information from what his sister left behind.

I'm impressed by the director of the series. I wasn't a big big fan of FMA at all even though FMA was a decent series, but his work on this series is impressive.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 07:44:31 PM »
Sounds like it's pretty good, I guess I may watch it.
btw the only Gundam series I liked was Gundam Wing and G-Gundam. Didn't like Gundam SEED. It was too drmtic for me, almost like I was watching a soap opera

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 10:08:48 PM »
One flashback episode which wasn't really a full flashback episode. Half the episode was a be of recounting that looked like it was setup for those who decided to skip episodes and needed a brief summary. The other half was new information and scenes. So definitely not like Destiny.

Ah, that's not bad at all... it's typical to have one or two recap episodes, but a half is nice. :) Hopefully there won't be another later on, as well.

Sounds like it's pretty good, I guess I may watch it.
btw the only Gundam series I liked was Gundam Wing and G-Gundam. Didn't like Gundam SEED. It was too drmtic for me, almost like I was watching a soap opera

Eh, that usually means the plot is far more complex. However, it depends on the balance. This drama usually comes from a few things... political/war oriented events and relationships. I think it's the balance that really matters. It seems as though in Gundam, it's best to stick to the political side, since it's really about the conflict and war. However, relationship drama is a nice breather from the political story here and there... and can be an insight into other sides of characters we wouldn't otherwise know about. SEED perhaps just had too much relationship-based drama, which I 'd probably agree with. However, overall, I think SEED did a decent job. Destiny started off great with lots of the war-oriented type, then found major issues with annoying characters and flashbacks that didn't help the story, since we had already seen it all.

Gundam 00 definitely seems to be on track from what I've seen so far... so we'll see. :)

EDIT: Ok, just caught up with episode 20... the last 5 episodes were amazing. Things got fucked up so fast, it was excellent! I can't wait to see the rest, I pray it stays this good. Every character is so three dimensional! :)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 12:02:04 AM by Judau »

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 01:41:01 AM »
but this is bugging me a little, setsuna has some characteristics thats similar to another anime character(and i dont mean heero) but i cant remember who

and i do you think saji will be like shin and try to kill setsuna with a gundam?

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 08:43:50 AM »
Nah man Saji has more people to kill now than just Setsuna. There's Sarshes that killed Saji's older sister. Well at this point it looks like she's dead. And as I explained at another site it may turn out to be one of those "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of things.

Also remember that it wasn't Setsuna that fired on Lousie. You know there's going to be footage or some other incriminating evidence that will save Setsuna and convince Saji to hate up on Neena Trinity.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 04:42:17 PM »
Nah man Saji has more people to kill now than just Setsuna. There's Sarshes that killed Saji's older sister. Well at this point it looks like she's dead. And as I explained at another site it may turn out to be one of those "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of things.

Also remember that it wasn't Setsuna that fired on Lousie. You know there's going to be footage or some other incriminating evidence that will save Setsuna and convince Saji to hate up on Neena Trinity.

Yeah, Setsuna really hasn't done anything wrong, let it be his current actions or his past actions... People might get wrongly angry with him, but the truth will always rise eventually. Where as everyone hatest the Trinity trio. ^^;;

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
Re: Gundam 00 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2008, 12:43:50 PM »
aww dam I'm only episode 16 or 18 and already u guys are giving me spoilers. I need to reach episode 20  Gundam 00 is really good

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008, 06:41:23 PM »
I thought you were all caught up Melee  :o

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 10:14:45 AM »
I am now, Man I love the new gundam. Everything is soo balanced out. Now everyone has a mobile suit: Gundam

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2008, 11:08:33 PM »
I bet Saji is gonna get one either by the end of the first season, or sometime during the second season. We know its coming.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 07:03:27 AM »
hehe i bet saji will develop a  hate for the celestial beings...
and finally remembered who setsuna was like, hes like sagara souske of FMP

and can some one clear this for me is it Vader or Veda and is it Lagna or Laguna? the subs keep changing and i get really confused

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2008, 03:56:26 PM »
I suggest watching Nyoro~n subs. They've stayed consistent so far, plus good quality 1280x720 mkv and avi releases. They also supply a lower dimension frames for those who can't view 1280x720.

As far as your questions go, its Veda and Laguna Harvey. Thats how Nyoro~n translates them into.

Well it seems they somehow managed to convince Saji that his sister's death maybe the work of Celestial Being. So if he develops an extreme hate for them its not going to be surprising.

Though in my speculation, if Lockon is hurt badly enough he might be out of the cockpit for a while. Which means that frees up a meister position, which means are they setting it up to where Saji might be the next chosen meister? Its possible because if you look at all the meisters backgrounds so far, they all have some sort of tragedy happen to them. With Saji having some pretty bad twist of fates in recent episodes, he could be next on the meister list, with or without Veda's prediction. Sumeragi is a good strategist and might realize the need for another meister in their arsenal.