Author Topic: Gundam 00 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]  (Read 21988 times)

Offline Kairu de Large

Gundam 00 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]
« on: June 02, 2007, 12:33:17 PM »
From Gunota:
"A very short promo appeared after today's episode of TBS/MBS' "Toward The Terra" announcing a new Gundam series. Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (Double Oh) is set to air at 6pm on Oct 2007. The official site is up providing a streaming promo.

Known details are:
Setting - 2307 AD ("seireki", Japanese for "anno domini")
Characters - 4 Gundam Meisters, who pilot the mobile weapons.
Factions - Solestal Beings (not real sure on the English name right now), a private militia group whose purpose is to eradicate wars.
Tagline at the end of the commercial - "Rebirth begins through destruction"

Rumors about the series have been going around Japanese message boards for some time, especially after Sunrise registered several Gundam00 domains. The proclamation that the setting would neither be in the Universal Century of the original nor the Cosmic Era of Gundam SEED, as stated by Sunrise's Yasuo Miyakawa, seems to have been followed through with. Staff members are yet to be confirmed although the most persistent rumor is that the series will be directed by Fullmetal Alchemist's Seiji Mizushima."

http://www.gundam.channel.or.jp/

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMuzpMwZcTg
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 08:45:50 AM by Aoshi101 »

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Re: New Gundam Series: Gundam 00
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 06:43:23 PM »
First off if Mizushima directs it I would not have a problem. He did a very good job directing the FMA series. Second, this series better not be as disappointing as GSD was. I like GS, but GSD was a total letdown.

Overall with the lack of information on this series I really have nothing left to say.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 03:23:27 AM »
like aoshi said i hope its not crappy like gundam seed destiny :( and did you know when excactly in october ???
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 03:24:01 AM by Kite »

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 09:43:11 PM »
I just watched the first episode (gonna be watching the second one here in a little bit) and I have to say...

I'm greatly pleased with what I saw. The animation is fluid and smooth. Really catchy to the eye. The fights in the first episode was nice and the story didn't drag with long introduction sequences. They jumped in straight to the story. The music and voice acting were amazing. I already can't wait to watch the second episode :D

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 05:45:43 AM »
hahaha its nice man ;D, straight to the action, hope they keep it up ;)
it kinda remids me of Gundam Wing with a crossover with Gundam X(just my opinion on the first episode) and the Main gundam is still colored white and blue

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 01:14:42 PM »
Yeah I noticed that about the Gundam. I guess thats suppose to have a connection to all the other gundam series saying "This is an official gundam series" or something.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 08:02:21 PM »
is that so, Exia looks like a crossover between Turn A and Victory Gundam dont you think ??? i wanna watch the other episodes now(only watched 1-3)

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 08:31:19 PM »
It does, I agree. When I first saw Exia though the white blue gold (yes it has gold on the vents) made me think of the strike freedom paint scheme. Which in my eyes wasn't a very good scheme with the gold coloring.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 08:36:02 PM »
the gundam there are like the Death Scythe all of them has jammers but i want to know where do they get that Gold light, all of the other forces wants to get it

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 08:52:31 PM »
The light is solar power from what was explained in the 3rd episode. Now how they are able to contain the solar energy is still a mystery. Also one of the pilots mentioned about having to go back and recharge. Meaning its not like the nuclear power the Freedom and Justice had in Seed and Destiny. Which I'm glad cause that made the Gundams too powerful if they didn't have a weakness of some sort.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 08:57:59 PM »
yeah i saw episode 3 too, their weakness is the same as the first models in Destiny and Seed, but still, can solar power can prevent/jam signals so they cannot be seen by radar?, and the only gundam that went for recharge is the Virtue(i guess that cannon uses too much energy) while the others stay on earth

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 09:01:28 PM »
There's definitely something else in the specs that cancels out signals. But in order to use that equipment it would need the gundam to emit off more solar energy to power it?

Its possible. And you noticed the other gundams didn't use much as far as weaponry like the Virtue. The most out of the other three was used was Stratos' sniper rifle. But how much power could using that really take?

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 09:06:58 PM »
I guess the Cannon of the Virtue uses its solar energy to fire that attack, and the only one who uses the closes type of attack is the dynames

ahh cant wait for the other episodes

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 09:16:16 PM »
What day are they normally released on? Sunday?

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 09:18:09 PM »
just watched episode 4 and that girl M ishmael something really looks like Relena Peacecraft fo gundam wing
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 11:31:46 PM by Kite »

anything