Author Topic: Gundam 00 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]  (Read 22028 times)

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
Re: Gundam 00 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2008, 08:11:38 PM »
mid october  ??? :o :'(
o well, I guess I could go back to naruto and bleach.
I need to start watching Ranma again. that was a funny anime

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2008, 03:36:52 PM »
Haha, I just watched the last 3 episodes... crazy. I think I need to keep a tally on who's actually still alive at this point. ^^;;

A few things to wonder about... I assume that was Louise (now with a second arm) behind Tieria (showing emotion!)... we don't really see Allelujah die, just Hallelujah... Nena does seem to be with Miu (along with the new Gundams), I guess Aker is our new "Char" character with a mask and all, and perhaps Saji will indeed snag a Gundam now that he's up in space and it's 4 years later...

A lot to think about until October, but I'm so happy this series is still good after 15 episodes... I couldn't say the same about Destiny and SEED just wasn't this good.

Oh, and I like the look of the Gundam 0.... looks like a Mk.II/RX-79/RX-78 clone... going back to the roots! :D

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2008, 03:43:12 PM »
My question is, what is going to link all these seperate crisises together. There was Louise/Saji, Nena and the Trinities, the 4 Meisters... the only set characters that don't know about everyone else is Louise/Saji.

So if that is Louise behind Tieria in the preview for season two, how did Louise get to know Tieria, let alone (easily assumed) finding out about the gundams and why did Tieria choose her? Thats what I want to know.

I also think that Louise and Saji are going to be on different sides fighting each other in season two without knowing.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2008, 09:07:05 AM »
I also think that Louise and Saji are going to be on different sides fighting each other in season two without knowing.

Yeah, I agree... and the whole Louise thing is what really confuses me the most... Tieria's smile in that shot was also quite evil-looking... maybe he got damaged in that last fight and has deflected? So many questions to be answered and we have to wait until October... haha.

I assume there will be 3 sides to emerge from this... the new Federation that's united, an evil force led by Miu/Nena, and then the typical freedom fighter-esque force that will come in as a surprise with Setsuna as it's star... and whoever else is willing to do anything to stop war, which will be perpetuated by Miu and Nena... and somehow, Setsuna will at least get his hands on the 00 Gundam, chances are Nena will be piloting the 0 Gundam unless for some reason Tieria is on their side now.

I assume Saji will just be an underling for a while in the Federation and will eventually find himself directly behind Aker.... then end up fighting Miu/Nena's force along with Louise? Haha... oh the speculation!

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2008, 07:10:14 PM »
was this on an episode or did you guys just find a couple of previews lying around?

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2008, 07:11:37 AM »
was this on an episode or did you guys just find a couple of previews lying around?

We're going off of the "4 years later" clips from the end of Episode 25 trying to figure things out... :)

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2008, 10:16:05 AM »
o. ok then

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2008, 04:41:18 PM »
Yeah, I agree... and the whole Louise thing is what really confuses me the most... Tieria's smile in that shot was also quite evil-looking... maybe he got damaged in that last fight and has deflected? So many questions to be answered and we have to wait until October... haha.

I don't think Tieria has defected. I think is has something to do with Veda and Tieria's broken connection. Maybe Louise stumbled onto it, or has information on how to reconnect Tieria to Veda. What reason would Tieria have to defect?

I assume there will be 3 sides to emerge from this... the new Federation that's united, an evil force led by Miu/Nena, and then the typical freedom fighter-esque force that will come in as a surprise with Setsuna as it's star... and whoever else is willing to do anything to stop war, which will be perpetuated by Miu and Nena... and somehow, Setsuna will at least get his hands on the 00 Gundam, chances are Nena will be piloting the 0 Gundam unless for some reason Tieria is on their side now.

Well remember, enemy of an enemy is your friend. Since Sarshes killed Nena's brothers, why would Miu and Nena want to start a total war when most likely Nena will want to exact revenge on Sarshes for the death of her brothers. I do agree that there will be 3 sides with Miu at the head of one, but I doubt Nena will be on her side.

I assume Saji will just be an underling for a while in the Federation and will eventually find himself directly behind Aker.... then end up fighting Miu/Nena's force along with Louise? Haha... oh the speculation!

I do agree with this statement. Seems like the most likely.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2008, 05:53:04 AM »
I don't think Tieria has defected. I think is has something to do with Veda and Tieria's broken connection. Maybe Louise stumbled onto it, or has information on how to reconnect Tieria to Veda. What reason would Tieria have to defect?

Well, my only thought would be something psycological... It's true it seems it would be odd, but there was just something about that one shot that looked fishy, like he was almost a different person. We havn't seen his condition since that battle and he got pretty messed up...

Well remember, enemy of an enemy is your friend. Since Sarshes killed Nena's brothers, why would Miu and Nena want to start a total war when most likely Nena will want to exact revenge on Sarshes for the death of her brothers. I do agree that there will be 3 sides with Miu at the head of one, but I doubt Nena will be on her side.

That's true, but why else would both Miu and Nena be working together and have control of the 0 Gundam and 00 Gundam? Would Miu just help her then suddenly not be on the same side?

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2008, 04:58:16 PM »
I do agree with you on Tieria.

With Miu, remember she seems like the person to use people for her own gain. I think she's using Nena and Nena hasn't realized it cause of her own personal vengance for the death of her brothers.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2008, 07:53:28 PM »
I kinda agree, It's just the fact that it's about a year later and Lockon's conversation with Tiera about being human could be affecting him.
Maybe he's engaging his human side and not digital.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2008, 12:34:40 PM »
That is also possible... perhaps there is also now a total loss of Veda from his being now and he is reverting back to whoever and whatever he was before all of this happened. After all, we know practically nothing about him yet, where as we know at least some stuff about everyone else...

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2008, 09:48:53 PM »
true they never did give a background story for him.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2008, 11:40:13 PM »
well I found this while searching for some info on Gundam 00. Its a picture of the new model of Gundam for season 2:

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/2550/g00acw5.jpg

Well it definitely looks like the Gundam 00, new version of Exia. It has the GN Drives mounted on its shoulders instead of just one GN drive mounted on the back. I can see how the agility of the suit could be increased, but then I can see how it could decrease. Also with the drives on each shoulder, how would the weapons be positioned since the ability to put a gun on the shoulder is no longer there?

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2008, 01:25:44 PM »
well I found this while searching for some info on Gundam 00. Its a picture of the new model of Gundam for season 2:

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/2550/g00acw5.jpg

Well it definitely looks like the Gundam 00, new version of Exia. It has the GN Drives mounted on its shoulders instead of just one GN drive mounted on the back. I can see how the agility of the suit could be increased, but then I can see how it could decrease. Also with the drives on each shoulder, how would the weapons be positioned since the ability to put a gun on the shoulder is no longer there?

I saw that image on 4chan a while back. I thought it was a logical upgrade to the Exia rather than something completely out there like Strike-Freedom or Impulse-Destiny. Oh and sup. >.>