Author Topic: Zeta Gundam Movie 3 Ending  (Read 4828 times)

Offline Kairu de Large

Zeta Gundam Movie 3 Ending
« on: February 25, 2007, 10:39:56 PM »
Hey all, it's been a while but here I am posting again. I recently got back into Gundam thanks to my girlfriend who took interest in it.

Anyway, I recently finally found a fansub of the 3rd Zeta Gundam movie which I had never seen because the movies had been licensed and I guess I forgot about it after that and never bothered looking again. I prepared myself for it by re-watching the first 2 movies which didn't disappoint...I was in love with the story again. I then watch the 3rd movie, and I'm noticing the absence of some events here...some parts very rushed there...just minor annoyances but none could prepare me for what was to come. They had committed an unspeakable evil....the ending was changed! Changed so much to the point that it doesn't allow ZZ or possibly even CCA to exist anymore! Did Tomino ever watch the Special Edition Star Wars movies?!! Greedo shooting first in one thing, but changing the ending?! And more that just the fact it erases the rest of UC as we know it, but the new ending completely ruins the tone which takes a total 180.

I will not get into exactly what was changed, in case anyone(read: Judau, hi btw) has not seen it yet but I just had to talk to someone about it. I found barely anything on the web that even addressed this, when people should be talking about it.

I really just want to understand this more, I see no reason for any of this unless Tomino is planning new movies with re-writes which I have heard nothing about.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
Re: Zeta Gundam Movie 3 Ending
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 07:25:40 AM »
Hey all, it's been a while but here I am posting again. I recently got back into Gundam thanks to my girlfriend who took interest in it.

Awesome! Good to hear. :) I got Laura to watch the 0079 movies a while back and she liked them... not to mention she's built some kits. :)

Anyway, I recently finally found a fansub of the 3rd Zeta Gundam movie

O_O I think you need to PM me the torrent link, I havn't been able to find it! :( I was actually just thinking about it the other day, too.

I will not get into exactly what was changed, in case anyone(read: Judau, hi btw) has not seen it yet but I just had to talk to someone about it. I found barely anything on the web that even addressed this, when people should be talking about it.

Hello! :) And as soon as you send it and I can watch it, we can start discussion. :P

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 09:03:03 PM »
Me and Alexis just got done watching the first of the 0079 movies today and she is borrowing 08th Ms Team, she really loves it which is like a dream. She has even started looking at models that she wants to build TOGETHER, can you think of anything more romantic? I can't.  :P

And yeah thats how I found it. I randomly thought about it the other day and tried looking, boxtorrents had it. I PM'd you the link, the torrent is for all 3 though so un-check the first 2 if you don't need them. I also downloaded all of V Gundam in a single torrent the other night, good stuff...I'm up to the first Shrike Team death so far. The only thing I don't like is that baby...it seriously has to go or I may lose it.

Anyway, I look foward to discussing the movie with you.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 01:42:41 PM »
Yeah, thanks, it's downloading at home right now... and yeah, Victory is really good, the Shrike team is the shit, but they get killed too easily. :(

Good series though, you'll like it.

The only thing that got annoying was the V Gundam constantly changing and stuff... but it wasn't too bad. The sequence just wasn't as cool as when the ZZ Gundam did that stuff...

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 05:46:33 PM »
The only thing that got annoying was the V Gundam constantly changing and stuff... but it wasn't too bad. The sequence just wasn't as cool as when the ZZ Gundam did that stuff...

It was a little annoying at first actually, but I did get used to it. I'm not sure if I really like the mech designs though, they just aren't all that interesting looking and I don't like the colors on a lot of them.

I would very much like to see a MG V Gundam at some point though, and now that we have a MG F91 I can't see why not.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 06:00:16 PM »
Yeah, I assume they will either have a MG V or V2 (or both) at some point... and you're right, the designs in V are very... boring. I think it was that section in Gundam... ZZ was more cartoony than Zeta, and Victory was even more so... they got lazy with the animation, I think. And I'm not fond of like the... helicoptor MS or whatever in Vicotry... haha. Or were they like bees or something? I can't even remember, I just know I didn't really like them. ^^;; And that Char look-alike is probably my least favorite.

No, I still havn't watched it... I want to watch 1 and 2 again first so I can remember what direction the movie goes in with the plot... I'll post here when I do. Haha...

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 03:46:40 PM »
I'm up to episode 31 now, sorta trudging along as I am finding it hard to get through this series for some reason. There really just isn't enough that interests me and I'm not fond of any of the characters or mechs really. I'm not gonna call it my least favorite UC series yet since I haven't finished, but as of now it is.

And yeah the zanscare mechs are like insect helicoptor/motorcycle things that shoot spider webs... or something....I don't even know.  ::)

I did that as well, watch the first 2 again, but in retrospect it wasn't really that necessary IMO.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 08:36:20 AM »
Heh, ok, it's been a long time since I saw the complete series, so I was worried about not really remembering the ending perfectly... but you were right that it seemed more rushed than even the typical recap-style Gundam movie. The other two were much better paced. And I really liked how they showed some of the other characters you didn't see at the end of the series, like Amuro, Sayla, Katz's friends (I can't remember their names, the other two brats), etc... But did Char disappear just like that in the series? I seem to remember him having maybe a little more of a chance of living (obviously) when I watched it before... if that was different, I don't see how he'd live through that. ^^;;

But on to the main issue... yeah, that's retarded. It's way too upbeat and it completely fucks up ZZ. I mean, while I think I like the original more than just "because it's the original", if Tomino had done that to begin with, I think ZZ would have been way cooler, even if it sacrificed the end of Zeta and the overall feeling when you watch it. But re-doing it like that... it really does mess everything up. Were there any other big changes? I think everyone who died in the series died in the movie... like I said though, it's been a while. I love seeing the new animation, though... Maybe their planning on making a ZZ trilogy that is an "alternate universe" and is actually quite a bit different with Camille taking charge and whipping Judau into shape? Haha...

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 07:09:28 AM »
Were there any other big changes? I think everyone who died in the series died in the movie... like I said though, it's been a while.

Rosamia was never killed, because she was never seen again from the first movie. But when Kamile is whipping out that biosensor on Scirroco you do see her ghost which doesn't make sense. I believe that she was the only death that was missing though. The major events that were missing were Char's speech in Dakar and the entire second time on earth where Kamile met Four again(I can't stand how little she was reduced to  :( ) and we got to see Amuro fight in his Dijeh.

But I agree, I did like that you saw all of the characters at the end that was it's basically only redeeming factor to me. And while on that note, the fact that Kai wants to speek to Sayla about Char makes it seem like he is alive and there may be more with him in the future. I really hope that Tomino remakes more of UC now, it would be terrible to just leave the timeline all out of whack like this.

What I would really like to see is Camille fight along with Amuro in a CCA remake, I always thought it was silly that Camille(and Sayla too now that I think of it) never had any part of it especially considering Char was basically his mentor for a time.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 08:15:45 AM »
Ah, yeah, that's right... I didn't end up watching the first 2 again first, so I wasn't sure if some of that was missing... as most of that really isn't part of the "end" of Zeta, but closer to the middle.

As much as I would like to see some of the UC remade for kicks, I don't know if that's going to happen... but while I know Tomino made ZZ because he wanted something more light than Zeta, I'm still confused as to why he made Zeta a little less downbeat at the end.... I mean, while all of those deaths were a surprise to a point in Gundam (especially after watching them for over 40 episodes rather than just two previous movies), I think the most powerful part was Camille... and Fa's devotion to him anyway and keeping him with her. I mean, now they get out fine and Fa becomes his girlfriend? O_o Haha... way too much, I'd say. It doesn't go with the rest of the events that took place just moments before... it's like he gets his rage out while fighting and that's it, he's suddenly happy again. ^^;;

anything