Author Topic: Ichigo 100% ending questions (spoilers)!  (Read 19803 times)

Offline syun_ukiya

• Clean
Ichigo 100% ending questions (spoilers)!
« on: July 28, 2006, 04:28:14 PM »
I just finished the whole 19 volumes of Ichigo 100%. Right now I'm feeling disappointed, angered at the author and at the same time wanted to cry for Aya. Thank you Mizuki Kawashita for making me feel this miserable.

I couldn't really understand why he ended up with Nishino. I'm really disturbed and I really want to know the answer. Is it the polls that decided the outcome? Because story wise I can't find any logical reason why it ended like that. Anything would help, like maybe an interview from Kawashita, that she will release another volume saying that they will break up and Manaka will return to Aya while making the novel written in Aya's math notebook etc.

I'm sorry if I'm acting like this but I really really feel sad for Aya. She's a character I fell in love with and I don't think she deserves this ending. First of all I'm really moved by Aya chapters and I haven’t felt this way over any other chapter, not even Nishino ones. Manaka even said that compared to encounters with Satsuki and Nishino, Aya is definitely the best. This is reassuring because there comes a point I'm about to give up halfway especially when Manaka told his feeling to Nishino after seeing her together with Higure.

To be honest, it’s because of Aya why I liked the Ichigo. Chapters like when Aya believed Manaka because he asked her to believe him. When Manaka hugged her tight in the club room to confirm her feelings for him, Aya was in tears and after walking together Aya said she already found the answer which heroine the protagonist in her novel will choose. The scene where Manaka said that as long as that novel (in her math notebook) exists there is no room for Amachi to get between them. The reason why Manaka learned to swim, he saved Aya. Going to the same school, giving up Oumi and thinking of going to the same university together. Sticking with Manaka all throughout because of acknowledging her existence. Aya's confession, both the 3rd movie and after the school festival. Even the Love Sanctuary, they got the same numbers. I was so moved by Aya's chapters that I don't understand why it ended up like this and I'm really feeling bad. Aya sacrificed almost everything while Nishino is just a cute school idol.

There is also this frame I'm really bothered.

Is the translation correct? If it is could someone explain the reason why Aya sent her novel to Manaka? I just paid attention to it because of the ending. At first, I thought that novel will bring him back to Aya. That's why he decided to break up with Nishino because the heroine that resembles Aya is really the one for the protagonist. Am I correct in thinking that this novel is the reason why he ended up with Nishino? Because it might be the translation.

Please don't flame me, I just want answers. I also wrote this because I find there is a need to express my emotions to people who also read the manga till the very end and I'm really really feeling worse right now I just had to let it all out. In this manga somehow I thought I can look at movies and novels in a different light and to believe in dreams again, but its amazing how that whole impression (Ichigo 100% and Mizuki Kawashita) was shattered by this ending.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 08:39:40 AM by syun_ukiya »

Offline Hyuga

• Clean
Re: Ichigo 100% ending questions (spoilers)!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 06:02:30 PM »
Heh, you sound exactly like me. I really fell in love with Aya's character and wanted her to end up with Manaka. I'm still bugged out by the ending. Around half way through Ichigo I was getting bored of the story, but I kept reading it just so I could see Aya and Manaka end up together.  :-\

As for why Nishino ended up with Manaka, the excuse was kinda weak. You can read about it here...

Source

I also wrote this because I find there is a need to express my emotions to people who also read the manga till the very end and I'm really really feeling worse right now I just had to let it all out. In this manga somehow I thought I can look at movies and novels in a different light and to believe in dreams again, but its amazing how that whole impression (Ichigo 100% and Mizuki Kawashita) was shattered by this ending.

Exactly how I felt... After I finished it, I couldn't stop dwelling on the ending. I ended up finding out that there was an alternative ending for Aya, but it was a japanese drama cd.  No luck on finding a traslation either.  :-\

I'd also like to suggest you try reading Lilim Kiss(which you can download here). It's from the same mangaka and the main female character looks exactly like Toujo Aya(happier ending too). ^_^

Offline syun_ukiya

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 07:19:19 PM »
When I think about it I just spent 4 hours reading posts from this forum but I still can't get over it.

Could someone explain to me the novel. Why did he send the novel to Manaka and what is the conclusion written by her? I have something in my mind right now but I want to hear your opinions because I'm really confused about the relevance of Aya's novel and the reason why he chose Nishino.

Offline Hyuga

• Clean
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 08:51:49 PM »
When I think about it I just spent 4 hours reading posts from this forum but I still can't get over it.

Could someone explain to me the novel. Why did he send the novel to Manaka and what is the conclusion written by her? I have something in my mind right now but I want to hear your opinions because I'm really confused about the relevance of Aya's novel and the reason why he chose Nishino.
That translation you posted didn't match the Yanime version. The Yanime version made much more sense. She sent the noval to Manaka because he liked her story at the start of the manga. And for the conclusion, I suppose it meant she wanted to end up with Manaka.

Offline Clear

• Clean
  • Very clear
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 05:43:51 PM »
Well if you want the answer the crazy answer is that nishinos wish came true on the chapter where she makes a boat with that wish on it

but in reality terms with the story it was because Infact as i type this im not to sure why he did theres is loads of reasons but i cant put one up as solid evidence  ;D
河下 水希 ありがとう! いちご100% 2002 - 2005
May your work be in fame forever!

Offline darkbleach05

• Budding Addict
  • Im`Harmless
    • www.friendster.com/harmless05
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 11:13:02 PM »
huhuhuh i really love toujo aya for manaka...
waaaaaaaaaaaa  :'(
if there would be a part 2 for it...would it really be nice? >,<

but thinking about toujo sending manaka the novel...
it really affected me...damn it!
i really feel terrible that moment...
and asking the question why?  :'(

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
  • currently known as the master of fa-... nvm
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 12:42:47 AM »
the sending of the notebook means farewell for theyre bond its really touching but its sadness not hapiness

Offline darkbleach05

• Budding Addict
  • Im`Harmless
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 08:47:55 AM »
^
yah i agree wid u...its very touching and has that sadness part were that's the novel that link manaka and toujo... :'(
i really dont like farewell T_T

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 06:48:42 AM »
well its not always something turn up as we wanted to so... ;)

Offline darkbleach05

• Budding Addict
  • Im`Harmless
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 08:24:21 AM »
yah but still biding farewell is d hardest thing to do...
its like your not coming back... :'(
and as for toujo, she bid farewell to her feelings towards manaka...T_T

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 06:23:43 AM »
and in love thats the MOST hardest and painful thing to do :'(

Offline KujoSan

• Undeniable Psychopath..
  • Addict
  • just a boy forced to act like a man ...
    • whatever I have
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 07:01:30 AM »
even tough until now i still believe she wont even forget her feelings toward manaka..
honestly i cried when i read the part when she sent that novel...
~ It's been nearly TEN years since the day I know this Place, and I love Yanime so much, even if it's dying right now ~

Offline darkbleach05

• Budding Addict
  • Im`Harmless
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 07:07:32 AM »
yeah kujosan we shared the same feelings...
i also cried on that part...
hate farewells...especially towards something very hard to give up  :'(

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 07:08:38 AM »
well its in the snow that i cried so much

Offline KujoSan

• Undeniable Psychopath..
  • Addict
  • just a boy forced to act like a man ...
    • whatever I have
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 07:10:18 AM »
my chest hurts everytime i read that part...
its so damn hard to say farewell...
especially for someone with personality like tojo.. :'(
~ It's been nearly TEN years since the day I know this Place, and I love Yanime so much, even if it's dying right now ~

anything