Poll

What do you think of the decision to remake it?

Worst idea ever!
0 (0%)
Could blow up in their faces.
3 (60%)
I'll wait and see.
0 (0%)
Hoping for the best.
1 (20%)
Its going to be amazing.
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Battle Royale to be remade!  (Read 3014 times)

Offline Beauty In A Bullet

• an illusion in time
  • Addict
  • You were the voice that made me cry..
    • - The Anix -
Battle Royale to be remade!
« on: June 10, 2006, 12:06:02 AM »
12:00 AM, 08-JUNE-06 

Battle Royale To Be Remade

New Line has bought the remake rights to the Japanese SF movie Battle Royale and is setting up the project with Neal Moritz and Roy Lee, Variety reported.

The original film, produced by Toie and released in 2000 amid concerns about its violence, is set in an apocalyptic future in which schools are overrun by uncontrolled violence; the government responds by organizing an annual Battle Royale, in which a school class is picked at random, and students are pitted against each other on an abandoned island in a game of survival, the trade paper reported.

Toie also produced a sequel in 2003, Battle Royale II—Requiem, in which a new class of teen students are forced to battle a rebel group led by a survivor of a previous Battle Royale. 

Offline Jewelz

• Clean
  • fumu fumu!
    • myspace
Re: Battle Royale to be remade!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 10:36:37 PM »
That's pretty cool =]
any more news or pics of the new cast?

I like the original just fine though  ::)

Mmm...Naruto..

Offline Vicman

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 10:42:54 AM »
I heard Tartan Films in the UK has an official U.S. version of the original film available for purchase

Offline skafreak121

• Clean
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 05:25:03 PM »
the original was okay, but if they do it right and not try to puss down the violence to get a pg13 rating in the states then it will be pretty good i think....depends on who they get to play the parts.

do you think they will have to have a NC17 rating to do the movie right?

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 02:54:12 PM »
Well I'm not a fan of all of these remakes of fairly new Asian films recently in the first place... and I don't know how they're going to remake it for distribution in the countries that banned the original without taking some violence out... so I don't know what the point is, then. I just think American's need how to figure out how to read subtitles and we need to release more foreign films around the states to give something different than what's typical here. Just in the last couple days I was talking about the remakes of Ju-On, Ringu, Oldboy, and Infernal Affairs, and all of the people I was talking to couldn't "stand reading subtitles"... I was so confused as to why, when they are plenty old enough to keep up with them...

Offline jenniferLOVESyou

• Fairy ^_^
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 06:17:39 PM »
ehh.... remakes are... idk. i think its EXTREMELY likely that it will suck. but theres still a chance that it'll be good. not as good as the first, but maybe sort of decent.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 10:15:04 AM »
Yeah, although I still need to see the Departed (Infernal Affairs), I've heard nothing but good things about it. A good remake? WHAT?!

anything