Author Topic: Anyone watch Asian foreign films?  (Read 18739 times)

Offline Floating_Sakura

• Clean
Re: Anyone watch Asian foreign films?
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2006, 05:54:13 PM »
My Sassy Girl is not "just a chickflick".. in fact.. I wrote a 20 page paper on it last semester...  :o

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2006, 07:53:53 PM »
lol really, send me that paper, i wanna read it hah

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2006, 08:55:38 PM »
also... my sassy girl is pretty awesome...despite being a chick flick...i loved the chick in it <3__<3

I think that's a large reason why most guys love it. It's fantastic for a chick flick anyway.

Offline Floating_Sakura

• Clean
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2006, 06:56:21 AM »
lol really, send me that paper, i wanna read it hah

bug me next time i'm on irc.. i might send it... it's not somethin i'm too proud of... a little rush.. not supportive enough.. if i have another month or so to research... would have been much better... :X

the paper is on feminism with freudian's dream analyzis to the "new korean comedy" with main focus on my sassy girl...  ::)

Offline sLaVeGiRl911

• The aBoLiTiOnIsT
  • Addict
  • Dokomade mo dakishimete hoshii-Fujimoto Miki
    • xanga- sLaVeGiRl01
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2006, 05:43:22 PM »
Oh my... I cant beleive this topic is still going!

I havnt seen M Sassy Girl. But in every damn forum I go to, its atleast mentioned once in the movie section. Just where can you get it?
I cant find it on stock at blockbuster =T
And since theres no downloading recomendation thinie here....
-sLaVeGiRl911
Running out of anime siggies.....

WE FOOKING SUPPORT YOU Ai-BON!!!!We support you. dont give up... but give up smoking ^_- Gambate!
Tsuji... you better help to =_=
http://www.xanga.com/sLaVeGiRl01

Offline Kagemusha

• Clean
  • Eater of Souls
    • Otaku Den
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2006, 09:37:39 AM »
Sorry just had to jump in again (PS I did read the whole post but Im lazy so THPPP to you judau)

Floating Sakura said::: Speaking of Takeshi Miike, it remins me of a film I saw in the past toronto film festival: Yokai Disenso.. it's good!! Otherwise, some other Takeshi's older title that I like that's not really like Ichi the Killer and Audition (too fucked up for my taste): "Brothers" and "Fireworks" ...

umm two totally different guys. Takashi Miike is the director of the fucked up but awesome Audition, Ichi the Killer, the Dead or Alive series Izo and a ton of other awesome movies (he makes like a movie a month it seems.... vs... Takeshi Kitano (aka Beat Takeshi) who directs, writes, edits and stars in his movies: Fireworks, Sonatine, Brothers, Kikujiro, A Scene By the Sea, Violent Cop, Boiling Point... anyway yeah they are two totally different people and people get them confused because they have similar names.

Anyway new Korean movies that are pretty good: Art of Fighting, The Unforgiven, Holiday, Diary of June (i think the english traslation is Bystanders), See You After School, and some title that is really long and im too lazy to translate at the moment but its the Korean version of Love Actually. (sorry its 1:30 AM here and ive been speaking Korean allday so Im feeling extra lazy right now)

Korean Dramas are fairly easy to find for download on certain torrent sites that I dont think Im allowed to link too... I just finished Full House which was pretty good.. Also check out All In and Sandglass...

The last Jet Li movie was good (Fearless i think is the English title) but it was in Chinese and subtitled in Korean so it was pretty hard for me to follow.

New Japanese Movies: umm Tokyo Zombie was pretty crazy. Nana is good...and other than that not too much coming out that you could find subtitled...

Indian movies: they did a musical remake of Oldboy...I shit you not... Ill find the link and post it... I just cant find it now.

There is a big article on Park Chan-wook in one of the new Korean film magazines...if Im not too lazy ill buy it and try to translate for some news...

and links (for info rather than files...): (copy and paste...like i sad its late and im lazy)

www.koreanfilm.org <--- Best English Language Korean film site
www.hancinema.net <--- News/Trailers for upcoming movies
www.midnighteye.com <--- Okay Japanese film site
www.kfccinema.com <--- awesome news and review site

PS Shin Sang-ok (one of the greatest directors of all time) recently died. He was famous during the 50s and 60s then was stifled by the Korean military government. He was "kidnapped" to North Korea with his wife where he made films (you can find Pulgasauri in America its an insane monster movie) then eventually made his way to America to direct and produce the 3 Ninjas movies under a different name... moment of silence for the man...

Thou shalt be smited by my mighty wrath...