Author Topic: Gundam Seed Movie?  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Kairu de Large

Gundam Seed Movie?
« on: May 07, 2006, 12:20:02 PM »
Gunota: "Gundam SEED goes theatrical UPDATED
Rumors on 2ch said to be from the Sony Music Anime Fes' 06 are that it was announced that there'll be a Gundam SEED movie.

It is known, through a radio commercial for this month's Newtype, that the magazine has "big Gundam SEED news" though early issues don't appear to have come out yet to confirm what exactly that news is.

Edit: Sunrise confirms the rumors, stating this will be the first completely original Gundam feature film since Gundam F91 came out 15 years ago. Mitsuo Fukuda will be the director.

Update 2: Based on people who attended the Anime Fes, Shinn Asuka, Cagalli Yula Atha, Lacus Clyne, Athrun Zara, and Kira Yamato were featured with narration "their path takes us.." to a screen officially announcing the theatrical production. TM Revolution apparently topped off the event by saying "See ya at the movies" to the crowd."

Well right off the bat, Fukuda is directing so thats bad news. I basically assume this is going to be a CCA ripoff(under the assumption it's made at all), but we'll see......

I think they should just move on from Seed honestly, but they won't because it sells model kits.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 12:26:25 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
Re: Gundam Seed Movie?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 10:29:20 PM »
Yeah, I agree with the fact that Fukuda being involved starts it off on the wrong foot... but it's just a movie, we can all bare watching something less than 2 hours long... we DID sit through Destiny. Also, they need to finish up with SEED... so this makes it 3 new SEED productions? The online shorts, the theatrical movie, and SEED 3? They better end it with that... I mean, do they really think SEED's universe is as good as UC? They need to end it already and just start a new AU. Or more UC... but that might be difficult. It's funny though... I just see all the SEED suits kinda blending together... they don't have the originality the UC designs had... and even Wing at one point. Maybe that's part of the reason why the only SEED kits I have are the MG Strike, MG Freedom (still not built), PG Strike (also not built), and 1/100 Astray Red Frame (.... not built either). Haha... And there's only a few more I *really* want. I'll never get sick of the UC MS, though... but trying to force something to be timeless is difficult, especially when your base anime repeats itself constantly and no one actually *likes* it. >_< COME ON, BANDAI/SUNRISE!!

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 10:54:13 AM »
Yeah I only have 3 Seed models myself, anymore would be a waste of space quite frankly....they do all seem to be the same thing in different colors. And yeah after a year of weekly viewings of that piece of crap, I'm sure I can last a 2 hour movie.  :P

I think if they are careful they could handle more UC, but I'd settle for anything else non-Seed related at this point. In retrospect I would have been so much happier if they had left Seed alone, and IMO they should have made Astray into an anime instead of Destiny. The 5 minutes shorts alone were better than a lot of Seed Destiny....and at least Astray's plot was semi original as far as Gundam plots go.

But who knows, maybe Bandai will redeem themselves...we'll just have to wait and see.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 03:16:40 AM »
I agree completely, they should have defintely made Astray into a a full series... or at least a 12-episode OVA or something decent, not just 10 minutes combined. >_<

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 11:39:18 PM »
I agree completely, they should have defintely made Astray into a a full series... or at least a 12-episode OVA or something decent, not just 10 minutes combined. >_<

I really enjoyed the manga, I thought all of the characters were generally interesting as well as the plot. And Lowe having the same seiyuu as Vash was definetly cool, and I liked the mecha designs too. But I guess what it really comes down to is that Bandai couldn't make many models from Astray....and thats why it was never made.  I think the 5 minute shorts were actually just commercials for the Astray models, it's sad how much Bandai sacrifices in quality in favor of profit....but thats just the corporate world we live in for ya.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 11:44:33 PM by Kairu de Large »

anything