Author Topic: Seed 3 a go!?  (Read 3454 times)

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
Seed 3 a go!?
« on: December 26, 2005, 09:26:11 PM »
Hey all, it's been a while since I last posted.  So, if you haven't heard there's going to be a Seed 3 (at least it has been green light).  Now I haven't yet seen GSD Final Plus since I'm waiting on the subs but

***spoilers***

the end of that has Lacus now in control of Zaft, while Kira, Athrun, Shinn, and Luna joined forces to make a better world (Lacus isn't with Kira anymore?!?!)

So depending on the story (well mostly a new director if possible), this could end up rather like ZZ or CCC...um with Lacus being the bad one...nah...that can't be.  Now I'll admit, with just that small amount of info, I'm rather interested in it.  Though there's a 75% chance that it'll suck.  I was somewhat thinking that it would be cool to have Kira and Athrun go against each other like Char and Amuro, but with Lacus being the leader now I gotta say that it could be really intense or just plain bad.  Ok, discuss.

Edit:

I'll add my speculation for this series.
1.  Zaft is now trying to earn back trust, but the people of earth still won't trust Zaft after GS and GSD so war breaks out...again.  Lacus tries to deal with it without going into battle blah blah blah...fight.

2.  Lacus is somehow oust of Zaft by internal struggle, thus joining force with Kira again and tries to stop a war between earth and zaft...again.

3.  More along the lines of F91/V Gundam, conflicts starts out with factions in space...war breaks out.

4.  This is my favorite even though it won't happen :P  Lacus becomes a mix of Haman Khan and Char, thinking earth no longer deserves a chance and declares war on earth.  She has to fight Kira in his new "Mega Eternal Super Freedom with Justice and Liberty for all Hyper Plus MK II"

#1 and 3 are mostly likely.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 10:25:01 PM by shinaku »

Offline Freeter

• Slightly Buzzed
Re: Seed 3 a go!?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 07:04:41 PM »
Wasn't Lacus with Kira when they all met at the memorial? 

I don't have much hope for Seed 3 after the cut-n-paste treatment that Destiny got.  Heck, the parodies/forum pics/mock fansubs were better than the show itself....

Offline Odd

• Psychic for Hire
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Humor Is the spice of life!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 10:10:55 AM »
there might just be a wee bit of hope.  :-\
Follow. But. Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.
~

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 03:26:43 PM »
there might just be a wee bit of hope.  :-\

I doubt it.

I hope you are right Shinaku, but after the crap job they did with Destiny, I am pretty sure it's gonna suck ass. I am sick of these characters now and I just want Sunrise and Bandai to move on to a new series. They were attempting to make them as good as the original Gundam characters, but it just did NOT work... they need to change it up.

Now, this does not mean I will not be watching the new series, I'm just going in thinking it will suck... if they prove me wrong, then I will just be happy they did.

SEED Destiny Plus was stupid... I guess it was just a lead in now that they have the go on a 3rd series... but it was just more flashback with 10 extra minutes. I was really hoping for a full episode with minimal flashback, but I still found myself skipping to the end thanks to about the last SEED flashback I could ever stand.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 11:36:59 AM »
Well if they get a new director and writter, the chance of it not sucking will go up 90%.  But based on past good series, the fact that Lacus is now leading Zaft can be done in so many ways.  It could be tragic, heroic, and both.  It could be a battle between ideals and the heart.  Will she fight Kira even though she loves him?  The potential is high, but I'm probably just setting myself up for a let down if I keep thinking like that.  It'll probably be more new gundams that get replaced after 5 episodes. 

The one thing I thought was funny in Plus was that Athrun is with Melyn now.  Cagali just dropped out of the picture.  And I'm not sure why they added Athrun in the scene with Kira, Gil, and Rey.  I guess they just wanted to show him supporting Kira...?

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 09:00:13 PM »
I don't have an opinion on a possible Seed 3, other than that if it gets made I won't be looking forward to it like I was with Destiny. I just hope they get a new director and writers, may Fudaka's hands never tarnish the name of Gundam again.

And Destiny Plus was a bloody waste of time, there was random footage thrown in here are there(so random you wouldn't notice it unless you thought about it alot) that did nothing special. I haven't the slightest idea why Arthrun being added to the end was necessary at all, if they had at least made him salute his former captain Talia it would have been something...but no he just stands there. And the extra footage didn't tell me anything I couldn't have already guessed on my own, I was disappointed they didn't show Murrue and Mwu though...what they are up to now was something I was interested in. And I wish I knew what the heck the Arthrun/Cags status was right now, they were engaged and now it has been completely a mystery as to what there relationship is now for 3/4 of the series. But Meyrin is pretty damn cute, so w/e I suppose. lol
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 09:02:16 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 06:18:47 PM »
Well at least we won't have to worry about it till next year.  I'm sure they haven't even started to write anything yet.  But I wonder how the Freedom, Justice, and Destiny will look.  Oh man, I can see I'm going to need to expand my display shelves again :P

Offline anime-master

• Clean
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 05:17:07 PM »
Well I did hear this rumour going around that there would be a seed 3 called "Gundam Seed Eternity". I really hope it doesn't suck ass like Gundam Seed Destiny.
~ANIME~

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 01:15:49 PM »
And I wish I knew what the heck the Arthrun/Cags status was right now, they were engaged and now it has been completely a mystery as to what there relationship is now for 3/4 of the series. But Meyrin is pretty damn cute, so w/e I suppose. lol

Yeah, that was one of the most annoying things to me, because I am one to really care about the relationships if they blossom at all. Shiro and Aina, Camille and Four (so short :(), Char and everyone younger than 15, etc... so I was pissed that they just stopped even writing that into the plot. I felt like slapping the writers. I am also a fan of romantic comdies, so... yeah. I like Meyrin, but I am already attached to Athrun/Cags... they protrayed it well in SEED, then they shoved it down our throats in Destiny... but then they took it away, then they hung it above us like we were cats or something. -_- Then they just threw it in the garbage and said "who knows? use your imagination or something!!... until SEED 3!".

Oh, and I noticed something funny. I am rewatching both Wing and G right now, as I have not watched either in years... I actually really like them. They are WAY better than Destiny. I might even like Wing more than SEED. G Gundam is just so repetive, so I start saying "get on with the plot" outloud. Although... at least it's new friggin' footage... I'm talking to you, Destiny!!

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 05:42:49 PM »
Hey gundamtards, guess what... even if Seed 3 sucks ass people will watch it, and so will you! :P

I'm anxiously awaiting to hear more news on the premise of the series.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 04:46:11 AM »
Perhaps Stargazer will be a bridge to the new series? Has anyone heard about what will take place in that?

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 11:26:47 PM »
Perhaps Stargazer will be a bridge to the new series? Has anyone heard about what will take place in that?

All I know is that Fukada isn't touching it(can I get an amen?), and that there is a male natural character who hates coordinators and a female coordinator character who does some kind of research and also that it takes place at some point in Destiny. I haven't payed much attention to it so thats all I'm aware of regarding it, just the gist.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 12:22:17 PM by Kairu de Large »