Author Topic: Music Program Buying Assistance?  (Read 1746 times)

Offline VW_Kidd

• Japan Bound
  • Addict
  • ...dakara...
    • Chained Bishounen
Music Program Buying Assistance?
« on: April 03, 2006, 05:06:41 PM »
So, I'm wanting to get a music maker for the computer so that I can cut tracks for video games and for my own enjoyment.  The problem is, I don't know which on is best for the money.

I do want one with good sound quality, that I can record rhythm and lead guitars, bass, percussion, synth, and preferably vocals on, without having to own any of the instruments.

Can anyone help?
My Myspace

Join Gaia today and tell them VW_Kid referred you.

Offline robbie spina

• making phat beats for you
  • Clean
  • I was David Bowie and banned several times.
    • roadie_(lee) @ Myspace
Re: Music Program Buying Assistance?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 06:16:03 AM »
ummm, the best/easiest thing to get is Fruity Loops, if you have enough memory and RAM to support all the VST plugins, with that you have the option of using a MIDI controller or any instrument that has a MIDI interface (if you dont have one you can buy a decent one for 150$ or use the computer keyboard) but the program itself doesn't come with many VST/plugins/synths. its much easier to find someone who already has it and hook you up.

if you're looking for real-time recording, Sony Acid whichever the newest release is, either 4.0 or 5.0, you could probally download it off of isoHunt or Limewire, although limewire will probally have viruses.

and for mixing, i haven't used it myself but my band mate uses it for our stuff; Adobe Audition.

all of which is very expensive, about 1200-1500$ worth of software, you're going to want atleast a gig of ram and ateast 20-30gigs of HD. all of which we got for free