Author Topic: Other mangas by Kawashita Mizuki  (Read 3070 times)

Offline jmercury

• Clean
  • Sick demented psycho
Other mangas by Kawashita Mizuki
« on: February 15, 2006, 10:08:31 AM »
Is there other works of Kawashita Mizuki besides Ichigo 100% & Lilim Kiss?   Although I didn't enjoyed the endings of her 2 mentioned works, I hope I can see her other works if there are other ones. I like her works because she can make emotional plos, scenarios & twists and can also make lovable characters. I just hope that she can make the endings of her other works more satisfying.
Please stop it or I'll lose control...

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
Re: Other mangas by Kawashita Mizuki
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 08:11:42 AM »
Akane-chan Overdrive is one, but that got canceled really early. The best reason is that the plot was paper thin and the whole thing was driven by a gimmic. I think AnimeWaves scanlated what there was of it at some point.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline renz_sui

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 02:54:09 PM »
Ichigo 100%, Lilim Kiss, Akane Chan Overdrive, Kaede Typhoon, Koorihime Kitan. Ranked from first being, the most favorite of the series to the last being the least favorite.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 03:16:50 PM by renz_sui »

Offline jmercury

• Clean
  • Sick demented psycho
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 06:31:55 AM »
I heard that Momokuri Mikan was the author of Kaede Typhoon. I like Kawashita's work because of the nice drawings and unpredictable plots (like Ichigo 100%). I'd like to read some works of Momokuri too. I heard that she's also good. Are those mentioned titles already licensed? I hope I can get some copies of those.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 08:08:05 AM »
Ichigo 100%, Lilim Kiss, and Akane-chan Overdrive are currently NOT licensed. You can find the later two titles floating around on fserves easily enough.

I am unsure on the status of Kaede Typhoon and Koorihime Kitan.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline renz_sui

• Clean
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 05:37:29 AM »
I heard that Momokuri Mikan was the author of Kaede Typhoon. I like Kawashita's work because of the nice drawings and unpredictable plots (like Ichigo 100%). I'd like to read some works of Momokuri too. I heard that she's also good. Are those mentioned titles already licensed? I hope I can get some copies of those.

Momokuri Mikan is Kawashita Mizuki's pen name. There's another toujo lookalike manga (Apart from lilim kiss) before Ichigo 100% entitled Summer Grafitti but it's not yet scanlated by any groups AFAIK.

She did write shounen-ai mangas before she did those inline with ichigo.

Not to discourage you or to offend the author but I don't find her other works unpredictable. Ichigo is probably her magnus opum as of now, therefore I think you really shouldn't expect that much if you plan on reading her other works. I ended up disappointed after reading her other mangas  but probably because I was expecting something more than ichigo.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 07:46:17 PM by renz_sui »

Offline jmercury

• Clean
  • Sick demented psycho
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 08:25:28 AM »
I have to agree that her other works are crap. I've read Akane-Overdrive & Kaede Typhoon and wasn't even interested to finish both (although they were only 2 volumes each). Maybe I was expecting too much... :(

Offline lilalilo

• Clean
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 11:52:07 AM »

Momokuri Mikan is Kawashita Mizuki's pen name. There's another toujo lookalike manga (Apart from lilim kiss) before Ichigo 100% entitled Summer Grafitti but it's not yet scanlated by any groups AFAIK.

She did write shounen-ai mangas before she did those inline with ichigo.

Not to discourage you or to offend the author but I don't find her other works unpredictable. Ichigo is probably her magnus opum as of now, therefore I think you really shouldn't expect that much if you plan on reading her other works. I ended up disappointed after reading her other mangas  but probably because I was expecting something more than ichigo.
?? I heard from sumwhere that the drawing are done by Momokrui Mikan and the story is written by Kawashita Mizuki ??? what the.. ??
Oh this is sumwhere : www.mangadownload.net

banzemanga

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 02:43:05 AM »
Well, early works can be crapy but it is possible that some of the early works she was just an artist and the story written by someone else or vice versa?

There is a new series but not sure if it is out yet. I read the weekly shounen jump and saw something like an advertisement post of Kawashita Mizuki's work title called "Kanojo to Natsu to Boku" and the translation will be something like "My girlfriend and i in summer". I can't find it anywhere if anyone get some info about it please post it here so i know.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 03:00:23 AM by banzemanga »

Offline da MiGHTy pLUm!

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I like t'ings...
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 05:24:28 PM »
It's a one-shot. Kanojo to Natsu to Boku.  My Girlfriend, My Summer and Myself.  8 Pages and fully coloured, published in Akamaru Jump.  Available on torrents, no link will be posted here as it's not a yanime release.
Have Fun Doing What You're Doing.