Author Topic: Ichigo 100% Ending reaction **SPOILERS**  (Read 13778 times)

Offline Urasada

• Slightly Buzzed
Re: Ichigo 100% Ending reaction **SPOILERS**
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 10:20:33 AM »
Good ending comes from good story. Good story is made up of good haracters. Good characters build  a good conflict. It started out as a typical decent love story. But with Manaka as the main character(think of him as the pillar to carry out the main plot), who is also an awful character, the story cannot possibly hold together. That means the ending could have been better if Manaka was a better character. The reader shouldnt be the ones who should try to understand the mangaka's ideas but the mangaka should be the one who should be able to understand what the reader would like. After all, all the good writers deliver their ideas to the reader the first time and the reader dont struggle so much to understand what the writer was thinking.

Offline syun_ukiya

• Clean
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 11:25:34 PM »
Now, why is this ending good. It is because it made you react such way. If you there weren't such twist, you wouldn't have summed such emotion. If it just ended like, he at the end was with Toujo and they lived a happy live; it would be to borring since those are the endings we hear all the times in fairy tales. Or even, the harem ending would feel good for a moment can't give you a feeling that last for so long like "It can't end like this." In other words, something good is something that last. :p
I also considered that. My reaction in this manga even amazes me. I've read a lot of mangas and watched a lot of animes, if you ask me this is not the best title there is (if we're talking about harem, well that's a diffrent story), there is GTO who made me cry, Fruits Basket, Fullmoon wo Sagashite and even Naruto (excluding fillers) but this is the only title I really complained and felt bad about the ending. Dying main characters, seen it, who cares, but Aya not being with Manaka, that's a different story. I don't like Aya being hurt, she doesn't deserve it.

I believe if it ended up like the "fairytale ending" you said, I'll still be contented. At least I'll remember Ichigo 100% as one of the best series I've read and not the worst, no-sense ending that made me depressed.

Offline requiemrx

• Clean
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 02:39:45 PM »
The ending was definitely good. Who wants a girl who can't make up her damn mind?

Offline syun_ukiya

• Clean
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 08:46:05 AM »
that can be said also for manaka...

banzemanga

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 01:09:52 AM »
But with Manaka as the main character(think of him as the pillar to carry out the main plot), who is also an awful character, the story cannot possibly hold together. That means the ending could have been better if Manaka was a better character.

Well it depends on how good do you mean. Maybe a good ending might not hav given us a good impression that made us cry.

Also sometimes what girls call bad guy because of being indecisive, their good decisive guys can be really bad too. I mean, i played a date simulator with the storyline about love triangle too but the main character was decisive with the girl he liked but ended up being worse because he was so insensitive with the girls that he dumped. He ended up hurting the girls more than anybody else.

My reaction in this manga even amazes me. I've read a lot of mangas and watched a lot of animes, if you ask me this is not the best title

Yeah, that is true that i exagerated but at least it is the one it moved me the most so far. But the reason that i think that it is really the best is because it really is unique and pure somehow compared to the ones i've been reading.

*NOTE: If you can come up with a title better than this one to convince me i will take off the top pillar of this title in my list. I have read a lot of moving series too including GTO but it was bad drawn if compared to Ichigo 100%.

I don't like Aya being hurt, she doesn't deserve it.

If Aya wasn't hurt you might have not cried and it would make this story just another very typical and crapy love story that you can just read and forget about it later.

Besides, i mean, she wasn't the only one hurt. Satsuki, Nishino and even Mui liked Manaka as much as she did. It is just that we like one character more than another one, so we are more protective to that character. But if you really think about it carefully, all the girls were willing to go as far a any of them would.

It was true that Toujo was the ideal girl for Manaka, i would even feel it is for me. But if it were reallity would you just be as cruel as ignoring the facts to dump Nishino that Manaka loved more than Toujo in that case just to go for the ideal girl?

*About being indecisive and insensive is like what Toujo said. Being indecisive is being sensitive with others and not wanting to hurt anyone. Being decisive is somehow being insensitive to some people. (Except that Toujo was explaining the meaning with the Kaji that the words were made up. Asian characters can be really impresive. The way they are written and formed have another deep meaning itself. Like rice, in Chinese have to do with how rice is haversted and how many days it takes.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 02:34:51 AM by banzemanga »

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 12:41:40 AM »
I think the ending was good but i wish it was a little more longer and i also wish to see the wedding of nisino and manaka :D

Offline KujoSan

• Undeniable Psychopath..
  • Addict
  • just a boy forced to act like a man ...
    • whatever I have
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 03:36:43 AM »
so do I, though i prefer aya than nishino, but i think it's really a good ending, but yess..
i do feel that the manga should be longer... so this forum will be more interesting
~ It's been nearly TEN years since the day I know this Place, and I love Yanime so much, even if it's dying right now ~

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
  • currently known as the master of fa-... nvm
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 10:39:05 AM »
with the wedding and a bit more spices in the story should hook up more people... really :(

Offline KujoSan

• Addict
    • whatever I have
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2007, 10:06:48 PM »
and i thought she could also have inserted the after-marriage life of manaka and nishino in case to inform readers about their life
~ It's been nearly TEN years since the day I know this Place, and I love Yanime so much, even if it's dying right now ~

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 08:19:56 AM »
and also the other characters to who they will end up to??

Offline KujoSan

• Addict
    • whatever I have
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 08:31:44 PM »
yez, the only thing i curious about is who toujou end up with... and the other too... :(

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2007, 04:33:29 AM »
well ill wait for that(?)

Offline KujoSan

• Addict
    • whatever I have
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 03:00:55 AM »
i think ill wait, too... 8)

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2007, 06:28:48 AM »
its just a matter of time...

Offline KujoSan

• Addict
    • whatever I have
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2007, 05:20:16 AM »
And time is limitless...

so ill wait though it will take forever..(maybe  :P)

anything