Author Topic: Ichigo 100% Ending reaction **SPOILERS**  (Read 13784 times)

Offline jmercury

• Clean
  • Sick demented psycho
Ichigo 100% Ending reaction **SPOILERS**
« on: February 11, 2006, 08:38:49 AM »
I was so captivated by the story of Ichigo 100% that I keep me awake for 1 whole day reading from chapter 1 to 167 but almost all story has an ending, and I thought that the ending of this story was a good one. I was somehow dissapointed :-\ and left puzzled ???. Although it has a touching ending, It left questions that kept me thinking. What was the plot of this manga all about? What happened to Amachi and the others? Why did they named it Ichigo 100%? Why do I think that Ichigo 100% was rashly forced to end. Why do I still think that the story is somehow not consistent with the ending. Why do I think that the ending was not balanced? Why do I think that something is still missing with the ending?
I even think that Aya wasn't even given a chance to show her feelings for Junpie personally unlike Tsukasa & Satsuki. Junpie also wasn't given a chance to answer Aya's feelings. The only time that they talk about what they feel for each other was at the cultural festival, after Aya's confession. Maybe if the story was a bit longer, Junpie could have rethink about his feelings for Aya & Tsukasa. Junpie was put at the spot that he already made a choice after a misconception. (Junpie (I think) chose Tsukasa because he thought that Aya is avoiding him & she has a boyfriend. He was depressed after seeing Aya (who has no bra at that time) ran away from him & bumped into someone who Junpie thought was Aya's boyfriend. He was thinking that Aya's avoiding him. [Chapter 143] Unconsciously, he passed by Tsukasa's workplace and coincidently met Tsukasa, who listened to his whinning that made him fall for Tsukasa. [Chapters 144 & 145]). Isn't that a bad basis for starting a relation? Junpie was even glad that Aya didnt have a boyfriend [Chapter 151]. It didn't gave Aya & Junpie a chance to sort out the misconceptions. Also, what happened to the other characters? Wasn't Amachi going to make his move knowing that Aya don't have a boyfriend. Also, what's with making Yui-chan the catalyst for Aya's farewell? As the story progresses after chapter 161, it was becoming more inconsistent with the past chapters. I was hoping that the story hadn't end, for I was still anticipating more of it. I want to see more of what will happen to the characters. For me, Ichigo 100% was a hell of a ride but that ride came to a aburpt halt.  :'(

(By the way, thanks for reading my mumblings, It just that I didn't had enough of Ichigo 100% yet.)

Edit: Yet another idiot didn't read the post policy. NEXT TIME PUT UP A SPOILER MARK IN THE TOPIC. I SEE ANOTHER PROBLEM, I WILL DELETE YOUR THREAD.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 11:07:54 AM by Motoko-chan »
Please stop it or I'll lose control...

Offline jmercury

• Clean
  • Sick demented psycho
Re: Ichigo 100% Ending reaction **SPOILERS**
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 08:30:12 PM »
Sorry if I forgot to put the **SPOILER** tag. Thanks for adding the **SPOILER** sign for me.

Offline Ippo-san

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 11:53:22 PM »
haha, i think if the author had her way she would have had manaka be by himself since it makes sense if he does not want to hurt either  toujo or nishino. Of course the classic toujo/manaka ending would have made more sense. But i guess toujo just didn't cut it with the japanese fans 'signs'.

well, i was assuming if kawashita had full control. I know the lone wolf ending was the best way after all the relationsips had collapsed in the ending chapters.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 03:19:28 AM by Ippo-san »

Offline jmercury

• Clean
  • Sick demented psycho
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 10:35:05 AM »
I re-read Ichigo 100% again without focusing too much on the characters and somehow, I was "enlightened" of what the manga is about. Maybe we are just too attached or mesmerized by the characters to react to such lengths as making assumptions on what the ending should be or who should Junpie choose among the girls. I admit that I'm a little upset of the ending because I think it's unfair and it doesn't sound or feel right and doesn't seem complete or consistent with its past. I didn't really care about who gets who, rather, I was reacting to how unfair the story ends. But that aside, the manga (I think) is telling the story of the trials, adventures, dreams & goals of those characters and not about who the characters are. Maybe the author looks at a different angle or sees a picture in the story & didn't really mind as to who will choose who or maybe the popular votes did influence the ending. Try focusing on the other aspects of the story besides the characters and maybe you'll see what's the other light of the story.

BTW, Thanks Madoka for the hint on Chapter 167 RAW. (http://www.yanime.com/forums/index.php?topic=4387.msg110306#msg110306) That was quite a bash for the ending there. I got the same view there Ippo-san, I also think the lone wolf Junpie would maybe make a better ending. (No sorry party if that were the case.)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 02:24:41 PM by jmercury »

Offline Ippo-san

• Clean
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 12:49:10 AM »
yea i get what you mean. If the author can't do anything to please the fans i guess the fans have to solve the problem by looking at it in another way. Trust me it's hard and no matter how you look at it it screwed up in the end.

Offline coldhunter77

• Clean
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 07:37:57 AM »
jmercury reminded me of yui which i still have no idea what happen to aya's bra...seeing that yui did take it with her....
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 07:38:30 AM by coldhunter77 »

Offline dboy

• Clean
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 05:54:13 AM »
I just finished a LQ of v19, and altough Tsukasa wasn;t who i was rooting for it made sense to me that Junpie chose her in the end.  Through out the entire manga Junpie wasn't able to go after the other girls for fear of hurting the one he didn't choose.  But he was able to overcome that and even choose to comfort Tsukasa sad face over Toujou's tears.  Although i was always routing for Satsuki, but perhaps that was because she was the underdog for most of the manga, but she just seemed better suited for Junpie as they shared so many interests.  I was surprised tho even up to the end i thought Junpie would of ended with Toujou.  Tho i must agree the end did seem rushed i was hoping for more interaction with Tsukasa out of the picture and them safely broken and out out of contact for a few years.

Why did they named it Ichigo 100%? >>posted by jmercury

Ichigo means strawberry. I think it also means protector, but in a sense of only protecting one important thing.

I am pretty sure about the first meaning, but not so sure about the second but if they are both true then the manga title makes alot of sense.

Offline ahaha

• Clean
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 06:12:21 PM »
Hehe editted. Didn;t wanna delete this. Wanted the post counts. ;D
Wrote this when i only read ~3 volumnes and jumped around the other chapters coz reading everything takes too looong. ::)
But i finally managed to finish all after 4 days so YAH!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 10:15:27 PM by ahaha »

Offline naruto_macken

• Clean
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 06:56:24 AM »
Hey is a good ending guys
cause i am a tsukasa fans
But is to sort
Make some more

Offline stormsea7

• Clean
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 06:08:45 PM »
nah...i still prefer manaka with Aya. after all, the story began with her and he does look better with her. i mean, aya write the script and manaka film it making their goals similar. manaka and tsukasa doesn't seem that close. during the entire story tsukasa seems always getting apart manaka (example : tsukasa goes to Paris) while aya always with him.

banzemanga

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 04:41:00 AM »
I guess the true reaction of most of the people is "Wah! It cannot end like this, can it?" or something with a similar felling. It is true since everybody keep in mind since the story began that the main character will end up with Toujo.

Now, why is this ending good. It is because it made you react such way. If you there weren't such twist, you wouldn't have summed such emotion. If it just ended like, he at the end was with Toujo and they lived a happy live; it would be to borring since those are the endings we hear all the times in fairy tales. Or even, the harem ending would feel good for a moment can't give you a feeling that last for so long like "It can't end like this." In other words, something good is something that last. :p
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 04:43:25 AM by banzemanga »

Offline Freeter

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 11:02:23 AM »
something good is something that last. :p

A crap ending immortalized for all time doesn't change the fact that it's still crap  :P.

Offline NickZ

• Clean
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 02:15:56 AM »
The ending was good at all...
I hope the author can make the good manga better than Ichigo100%... ;)

Offline xlsacreddragonlx

• Clean
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 12:36:46 AM »
ROAR I hated the ending. I so much would've preferred if Manaka ended up with Toujo instead. But I guess I'm okay with how the author ended it, everyone was happy in the end. Although this may never happen, I truly wish I could someday meet someone like Toujo  ;D.

Offline suhwa

• Clean
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 03:58:18 PM »
well i was kinda dissapointed how it ended jus like dat... but ima Nishino's fan so.....if it keeps Nishino happy its all good

anything