Author Topic: Pandora.com - The Music Genome Project  (Read 2666 times)

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
Pandora.com - The Music Genome Project
« on: December 15, 2005, 06:39:37 PM »
www.pandora.com

fucking awesome site. type in the name of a band or a song, and it will create a radio station for you. these radio stations contain music by and with similar styles to the band that you typed in.  you can vote thumbs up or thumbs down to certain songs and it will narrow down your tastes even further, and with a library of over 300,000 songs and growing, they have nearly everything. the music streams through the site at a nice 128K/s, so it's pretty high quality.

oh, and it's legal.

the drawbacks are that it won't play the song you typed in right away due to licensing reasons. it will get played eventually, but you'll have to wait a while. however, this site is really for discovering new artists based on your tastes in music.

one last thing, you can also download the songs to your computer off of the site. PM me for details, this part isn't legal.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
Re: Pandora.com - The Music Genome Project
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 08:46:18 PM »
Also good is last.fm. They make you a profile off the music you like and listen to. It works very well, and is also free. If you use the proxy they are developing, you get a nice streaming mp3 source that can be played anywhere, or you can use their player (Win, OSX, Linux).

My page on last.fm (and you can listen to my neighbor radio to see what I like: http://www.last.fm/user/motokochan/

Pandora also rocks, and I use it too.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline Jammer

• Slightly Buzzed
  • _crappy overly long series_ HAHA
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 08:59:15 PM »
omg it is just as william gibson/cory doctorow have prophesized!
As the universe expands, I contemplate whether it was God or the Big Bang that made man...

Offline Odd

• Psychic for Hire
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Humor Is the spice of life!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 02:26:54 PM »
i like pandora alot. thx clash
Follow. But. Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.
~

Offline cherylshoe

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Goobie La La
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 10:37:57 PM »
thx clash x 2 harhar/

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 06:34:09 PM »
thx clash x 2 harhar/

o i see wut u did thar

LOL

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21