Author Topic: ***Why did this manga made me cry??***  (Read 44911 times)

Offline phur oneesan

• Clean
***Why did this manga made me cry??***
« on: November 26, 2005, 09:30:58 AM »
well for starters, art in every form must move a person's emotions. but hell I didn't expected that it will affect me like that. sure fanboys wept with every series they devote themselves with, but I wasn't expecting it to be like that.

I guess I am a greenhorn when it comes to manga. as this is my first " full taste " of japanese manga. thank you so much Kawashita - sama, it was a great, yet crazy two years..
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 12:58:47 AM by phur oneesan »

Offline boolaga

• Clean
Re: ***WHY DID THIS MANGA MADE ME CRY***
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 03:48:29 PM »
though i didn't cry, i understand how you feel.  i haven't been this emotionally attached to a manga/anime series since hikaru no go, and aside from that it's never happened before.

i enjoyed every moment in the series.  many would contend that it dragged on and then had a rushed ending and are bitter because of it.  what i have to say about that is why can't you enjoy the story for what it is instead of being critics about it?  yes people are entitled to their opinions, but the way people expressed their opinions were incredibly rude or childish (granted most of these replies probably did come from children).

anyways, i just wanted to add my thanks to all those involved in the project.  it really was a great ride.  again, thank you all.

p.s.  i was just wondering if there was a way to contact Kawashita Mizuki, and if she even understands english.  i just felt like giving a more personal form of gratitude.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 03:49:22 PM by boolaga »

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
Re: ***WHY DID THIS MANGA MADE ME CRY***
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 08:31:01 PM »
What makes me cry is thread topic titles in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. We can see your lovely thread, please don't do that again.

p.s.  i was just wondering if there was a way to contact Kawashita Mizuki, and if she even understands english.  i just felt like giving a more personal form of gratitude.

Write to her in care of Shueisha. They publish Jump (which Ichigo appears in) and should be able to direct your letter to her.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline phur oneesan

• Clean
Re: ***Why did this manga made me cry??***
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 01:00:00 AM »
sorry Motoko -sama. There, I've changed the headline. ;D

Offline nimmah

• Clean
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 03:16:19 AM »
Why did it had to end? I loved this manga!! *cry* *cry*

Offline Ink

• Slightly Buzzed
  • CRUNKMEISTER 07
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 12:52:47 PM »
removed.
no trolling.

-pLUm!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 09:48:38 PM by da MiGHTy pLUm! »

Offline alfreaso

• Clean
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 09:53:21 PM »
Hey phur oneesan, don't mind that kid (Ink). He's not mature enough to understand something and he may never lose anything to start knowing how to appreciate thing.

I, my self, share with you the same feeling. I somehow understand your emotion in this situation. What a great pity this manga is end, right? Whatever way (happy or bad), the end of a manga we love causes us a great depression feeling. Because it means that there's something not alive anymore, there's nothing to wait (for months) anymore, and we all got to leave something precious behind to move on when we all have the same question in our head: what's happen next after that? how do they live? But we will never know the answer! That's true sad ... And that's one of the reasons why i cry for this manga.

This manga starts with the "air" of the story so bright and funny (the first 6 or 7 vols), but in the end (16-19), i feel the "air" so dark and overwhelming with sadness. And the air also one of the reason makes me not be able to hold my tears when manaka rejects a girl like that, in that way, in that situation, in that snowy day ...

I can't sleep the night i finish reading the manga; and the next day i can't normally do anything (except sitting alone and do nothing and think about the manga). Its effect is too much for me.

:'(

What about tomorrow when there's no Ichigo anymore???
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 09:56:12 PM by alfreaso »

Offline Gibzon

• Clean
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 02:47:34 AM »
alfreaso, I share your same feelings and thoughts towards this manga, it will be a great emptiness not to be able to read more of ichigo 100% but at least still I have to read volume 19 :'(

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 07:56:25 AM »
Forward: I just re-read this and it does seem a bit harsh. I will not, however, edit what I said, as I still feel much of it is true. I didn't intend to be insulting to anyone, so if you feel that way, sorry. I still stand by my comments. Feel free to flame me in PM, or respond politely in this thread.

Okay, I have to say this...

If you are letting a fictional story affect you so much, you are taking this waaaaaaaay to seriously. It is a story, not a way of life or philosophy or anything. If you feel emotions for the characters, that is good, that makes it a good story.

However, to let it affect you to the extent that you can't sleep and can't do anything and will be lost when there is no more means you have some serious issues. Please, let it go or seek professional help if you can't.

Now, some direct responses:

I, my self, share with you the same feeling. I somehow understand your emotion in this situation. What a great pity this manga is end, right? Whatever way (happy or bad), the end of a manga we love causes us a great depression feeling. Because it means that there's something not alive anymore, there's nothing to wait (for months) anymore, and we all got to leave something precious behind to move on when we all have the same question in our head: what's happen next after that? how do they live? But we will never know the answer! That's true sad ... And that's one of the reasons why i cry for this manga.

If it is a really good manga, it should leave you satisfied in some way. Oh, and a smal hint: the characters were never alive, they were just part of someones imagination.

I can't sleep the night i finish reading the manga; and the next day i can't normally do anything (except sitting alone and do nothing and think about the manga). Its effect is too much for me.

Well, I can't fault staying up all night and reading. I've done that too, mostly on novels. Seriously though, you are so distraught by the story you can't do anything the next day? You either need some serious help, or you need to find some other things in your life. IT IS JUST A STORY, A MADE-UP STORY. At least if you were reflecting on the human condition or something nice and metaphysical, I could understand, but you aren't saying that.

What about tomorrow when there's no Ichigo anymore???

Well, I expect the sun will still rise, people will get up and go to work or school, and life will go on. I don't think the manga ending will stop any of that.

alfreaso, I share your same feelings and thoughts towards this manga, it will be a great emptiness not to be able to read more of ichigo 100% but at least still I have to read volume 19 :'(

Great emptiness? Why? Shouldn't you be happy at the ending? Shouldn't you feel like you got something out of it, and be happy, and then find another great title that speaks to you?

Okay, I'm done for now.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 08:11:45 AM by Motoko-chan »
Motoko-chan

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:

Offline Ferret mage

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I'm all your nightmares, rolled into one!!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 07:56:46 PM »
I find it creepy that a manga would make you cry.
And now was acknowledged the presence of the Red Death. He had come like a theif in the night, and one by one dropped the revellers in the blood bedewed halls of their revel. And the life of the ebony clock went out with the last of the gay. And the flames of the tripods expired.
And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all...

Offline Ink

• Slightly Buzzed
  • CRUNKMEISTER 07
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 04:01:39 PM »
Not only that, but if you truly think about it...
Aside from the artwork, the plot really (and i mean REALLY) sucks dick.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 08:19:05 PM »
Not only that, but if you truly think about it...
Aside from the artwork, the plot really (and i mean REALLY) sucks dick.

There were some nice moments, but the plot is not really all that original. And it shows.
Motoko-chan

Personal Links:

Offline kazuyasato

• Clean
  • Aiya.... Dun Cry leh.... Crybaby...
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 05:02:06 AM »
er... Ink-kun, i think if u seriously dun like this manga, please act more maturely and stop visiting Ichigo 100% sub-forum and their topics. If you continue to act this way, there might be a sheer chance of u getting banned or hated by us shippers and fans. Also please give some respect to Kawashita-sensei and stop being such an immature brunt, it will seriously affect ur image, honest. You already have a warning above, just try to keep yr profile low. Try and new manga if u really can't stand this one, since most harem mangas are around with the same plot and twists, try other genres like sports or action instead.

Offline da MiGHTy pLUm!

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I like t'ings...
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 08:19:21 AM »
ink is an idiot who tries to act cool, but, as usual, fails miserably.  He thinks he pwns when he loses every time he tries it.  Please refer to the multiple times he's been kicked from the channel :P
Have Fun Doing What You're Doing.

Offline Jumpei-kun

• Clean
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 07:04:10 PM »
It make me cry, i didn't belive its over. It was the first manga I really get into.
Specially because I was so identified with Manaka. The way he is, his personality dreams, etc... It was sa sad i cryed...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 07:05:08 PM by Jumpei-kun »

anything