Author Topic: ***Why did this manga made me cry??***  (Read 45031 times)

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
Re: ***Why did this manga made me cry??***
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2009, 03:43:09 AM »
still he has too many girls, and believe it or not i hate those persistent guys who cant take a hint :(

if i were the mangaka i would have made another arc for aya, hmm one where she finds a totally different guy that would sweep her off her feet and make manaka pale in comparison^^ and then we'd get a double wedding! ManakaXSNishino and ToujoXNew Guy! if i were mizuki id make the guy someone related to manaka maybe a long time friend or something.

Offline MINAMI KOTARO

• Clean
« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2009, 03:02:12 AM »
those girls ain't his girls. but u're right though, he was stupidly persistent and stubborn.
but i don't hate him, because unlike those love rivals from other manga(s), he is not a spoiled daddy's boy who only have a good look nor someone who always bully the main protagonist.

i think i have to agree with u. a new arc for aya. and a new guy who can steal aya's heart and leave junpei in jealousy.

Offline Yuki Rito

• Clean
« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2009, 06:10:52 PM »
Haha, tat was a pretty cool song. I feel exactly like it, hole-hearted Lol.

My girlfriend can only fill 40% of the hole. Guess I have to make the relationship stronger.Lol. I threw myself into school work in order to get over it. But one thing about Ichigo 100% is tat it made me grew up, it makes me look at relationship in a different way. I learned a lot from it.

Thanx for the recommandations bros. I will read them but seriously I m really apprehensive to read Kawashita's works, considering that Ichigo 100% is a cardiac nuclear bomb. My heart had been nuke once and I don't think it can withstand any more nukes. I am afraid that I might turn into a hollow in Bleach. Haha. But she hasn't been coming out with new works for some time now.

Have you guys read Kouji Seo's work, Suzuka? It's really good too. It is my panecea to Ichigo 100%.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:18:09 PM by Yuki Rito »

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #198 on: April 26, 2009, 07:01:44 PM »
those girls ain't his girls. but u're right though, he was stupidly persistent and stubborn.
but i don't hate him, because unlike those love rivals from other manga(s), he is not a spoiled daddy's boy who only have a good look nor someone who always bully the main protagonist.
i dont think we'd have that problem in Ichigo 100% since manaka is pretty strong if you ask me.

Regarding Seou Kouji's Suzuka its pretty good but if you read it youd gonna crave for more, good thing he has another manga he's working in Kimi ni Iru machi which is the prequel to suzuka.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 07:05:04 PM by Kite »

Offline MINAMI KOTARO

• Clean
« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2009, 10:44:57 AM »
@yuki rito :
nice song isn't it? lol

@kite:
well, in the ending junpei finally became strong, but in his high school life he was just a weak young boy.

Offline Yuki Rito

• Clean
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2009, 09:31:34 PM »
Minami Kotaro, Yeah man! Love those bands! I feel that music then was much more emotive than the current era.

The change in Manaka is very big. Guess he did grown up a lot. But I can still sense that his notorious and nefarious indecisiveness is still there. Lol! Seriously, he must be the most indecisive lead character I have ever seen!
Yeah one more thing, has Aya ever know that Manaka love her?

Kite, yeah Suzuka is great. I feel it's better than Ichigo 100% as the relationship is much more natural and Yamato is much more likeable and real.
Kimi no Iru Machi is great too but it's not really a prequel, its a story that takes place at the same time as Suzuka. Both are great stuff, really love Kouji Seo's works!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 09:32:23 PM by Yuki Rito »

Offline xRisingForce

• Clean
    • lalala
« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2009, 10:36:40 PM »
If you are letting a fictional story affect you so much, you are taking this waaaaaaaay to seriously. It is a story, not a way of life or philosophy or anything. If you feel emotions for the characters, that is good, that makes it a good story.

grave of the fireflies, air tv, yokohama kaidashi kikou; with the exception of grave of the fireflies these are all fictional stories.. told in such a masterful way that it tugs at our heartstrings, meant to induce such reactions as crying, anger, bitterness

seriously, you speak of all fiction as if it's some alien art form that's unrelatable on any level to our own life experiences.  it's precisely the relatable nature of such a medium that makes reading a story like ichigo 100% so engaging, so immersive, enjoyable.  as more of the story is read, the characters become much more expansive than just 2d drawings on flat paper and develop human dimensions that make them real to the reader.  if everyone was as disengaged from the manga as you appear to be, no one would feel cheated at such a cop-out ending after inputting the time to read 19 volumes

im afraid you simply aren't human if you can watch grave of the fireflies without a tissue box at your side.  however your post is years old, so i'll give you benefit of the doubt.  thanks for your work on the manga too, this was my first real manga and extremely enjoyable.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:13:56 PM by xRisingForce »
lalala

Offline KujoSan

• Undeniable Psychopath..
  • Addict
  • just a boy forced to act like a man ...
    • whatever I have
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2009, 10:43:42 PM »
still he has too many girls, and believe it or not i hate those persistent guys who cant take a hint :(

if i were the mangaka i would have made another arc for aya, hmm one where she finds a totally different guy that would sweep her off her feet and make manaka pale in comparison^^ and then we'd get a double wedding! ManakaXSNishino and ToujoXNew Guy! if i were mizuki id make the guy someone related to manaka maybe a long time friend or something.

maybe if it were sotomura or komiyama, it won't be as exciting, eh?
~ It's been nearly TEN years since the day I know this Place, and I love Yanime so much, even if it's dying right now ~

Offline LiZzArD

• Clean
  • Meat Is Murder
« Reply #203 on: October 09, 2009, 01:52:03 AM »

it'll be crappy if that would happen....

Offline akimikage

• Clean
« Reply #204 on: February 09, 2010, 02:33:06 AM »

DEFINITELY!!!  ~_~

back to the topic...

I can think of millions of things... but too lazy to list all of it  ^^

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #205 on: March 02, 2010, 08:25:05 AM »

I cant really see that happening with Komiyama or Sotomura, well sotomura prolly if he cleans his act up but all i can think about is someone thats kinda like Manaka but is a lot more build up on his act, damn why did i just pictured Haruto from Kimi no Iru machi (--,).

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2010, 09:38:08 PM »
Yeah i reckon Kimi no Iru Machi is way better than Suzuka. In terms of characters, storyline and art it way surpasses Suzuka.
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline loserboi21

• Clean
« Reply #207 on: April 10, 2010, 11:55:14 PM »
Umm this made me cry bcoz' it didn't end what I expected  :'(..  Honestly If I was Manaka I'd go with the girl I spend with for the longest & besides she's pretty . if I was just confirming that Nishino is d strawberry pantie girl from the start I wouldn't be serious with her if its just her looks & popularity.. manaka's not that good looking & then he expects the smart pretty hot big-busted girl to confess to him 1st?or is it just the opposite? that he's not good enough for her he can't confess? that really pissed me off.. She'd b better off with the guy with orange hair that suits her well but coz of her long term secret feelings for manaka-kun that's out of the picture .well this is mostly part why I cried over this manga. If Aya cried I cried too her tears are more than my sadness   :'(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 12:05:14 AM by loserboi21 »

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2010, 03:07:25 AM »
Yeah i reckon Kimi no Iru Machi is way better than Suzuka. In terms of characters, storyline and art it way surpasses Suzuka.
well the fact that suzuka was Seo-senseis first manga before KnIM it would be that his art and story would improve from all the years.

@loserboi: if it comes to comforting, Nishino comforted manaka the most and at the important times than Toujo, Toujo was too passive its logical that it ended that way, and its more like manaka couldnt sort out his feelings of wanting Toujo or Nishino or His Dreams thats why he couldnt confess, hes just your normal everyday teen.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:07:55 AM by Kite »

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2010, 09:19:51 PM »
well the fact that suzuka was Seo-senseis first manga before KnIM it would be that his art and story would improve from all the years.

@loserboi: if it comes to comforting, Nishino comforted manaka the most and at the important times than Toujo, Toujo was too passive its logical that it ended that way, and its more like manaka couldnt sort out his feelings of wanting Toujo or Nishino or His Dreams thats why he couldnt confess, hes just your normal everyday teen.

Yeah i think you're right on this one Kite. I mean,Toujo only confessed right at the end. If she was more straightforward then who knows? But to me Tsukasa and Manaka is the is definitely the best couple.
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

anything