Author Topic: Anime Review Station - New Anime titles released last month!  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Mitsukago

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Oro?
    • Save Sci-Fi
Anime Review Station - New Anime titles released last month!
« on: November 25, 2005, 01:53:15 AM »
Holy heck there was some GREAT animes released last month in Japan!  Just a bunch of hentai released this month though...

I am creating a website called the ARS (Anime Review Station) where I will be reviewing new anime as it is released in Japan.  There are LOTS of shows to watch!  The good stuff released last month includes:

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanaho: Sailor moon meets Cardcaptor Sakura: some AMAZING animation and special effects.
Blood +: The series spawned by the movie "Blood. The last Vampire."  This one should be interesting.
Canvas 2:  Originally a Hentai Game, now turned Drama series.  Some of the BEST anime dramas have started out from Hentai games.
Shakugan no Shana:  A popular Japanese novel, now Anime series.  Thought it might be interesting.
Cluster Edge: A fantasy adventure.  Don't know much about it, but soon as I watch the first few eps...
Solty Rei: Robot girl learning to be human - right up my alley.
Aria, The Animation - Drama, sci-fi, Mars with oceans and ships piloted by "Undine"  Good animation I have heard.

And many more that I haven't had a chance to preview yet.  I figure I will post some of my reviews here as well.  If you know of a brand new anime and would like me to do a review on it, go ahead and put your request here. 

I will also be doing some reviews of older anime (Some licensed but mostly unlicensed,) but the bulk of what this website will be about is NEW STUFF - get the info as quick as the Japanese do!  Or as close to the same time as possible. 

Let me know if there are any shows you would like to see reviewed - or if you have some suggestions for the website.  Oh and....

GET YER VOTE ON!
Hottest girl in anime ROUND 6!
http://www.yanime.com/forums/index.php?topic=4727.0
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 01:54:09 AM by Mitsukago »

Save Sci-Fi Science, Imagination and innovation. Supporting Sci-Fi is our specialty.

Offline Undark

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Shakugan No Shana ^^
Re: Anime Review Station - New Anime titles released last month!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 06:26:21 AM »
My quick summary of the anime.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A - That one was ok, some pretty nice magic battles I guess. But the sailor moon transforming thing absolutely drives me nuts. And their weapon's english (yes their weapons talk and they speak english...) is just plain horrible. But I am still watching it.

Blood+ - I started the series and somehow lost interest. I am waiting for a few more episode and then I'll watch them all at once when my finals are over.

Canvas 2 - Based off a hentai game. I kept wanting to start the series, but never got around to doing it.

Shakugan No Shana - By far my favourite of the bunch, the first few episode has an almost philosophical feel to it (what happens when you suddenly realize that you don't exist any more). All that plus a swordweilding loli, some fanservice scenes and a doll loving maniac as an antagonist and you get Shakugan No Shana.

Cluster Edge - I tend to be pretty tolerant with anime. But this anime just didn't grab my attention at all. The story starts off at a somewhat interesting point. A war just ended, the countries decide to shut down their "artificially soldier" manufacturing facilities (aka genetic mod, cloning etc.) Then it goes downhill. I won't even attempt to describe the confusion I get watching the anime. Needlesss to say I stopped after I finished episode 2.

Solty Rei - It's sitting on my hard drive... somewhere :S

Aria, The Animation - Supposedly a slice of life anime. After watching Black Cat, Bleach, Shana, I find the plot unbearably slow. It's one of those anime for a slow sunday afternoon. And yes, the art is very nice.

I'll look forward to that site :D. Other new release would be Noein, Black Cat, Lamune, Mushishi,    Jigoku Shoujo, Ginban Kaleidoscope,  off the top of my head. Though I am not sure exactly when they were actually released in Japan. (I just usually go by when fansubs start subbing)

BTW Nothing is wrong with the hentai releases, they've got some pretty decent story. (hmmm... that sounds kinda perverted...)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 06:32:46 AM by Undark »

Offline Iamhot

• Slightly Buzzed
Re: Anime Review Station - New Anime titles released last month!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 11:15:51 AM »
now my recommendation form that batch is Jigoku Shoujo [hell girl] go and check it out!!!

There is a rumor that there is a message board called “Jigoku Tsushin” which can only be accessed at midnight. It is said that if one posts his grudge against someone there, the Jigoku Shojo will appear and take the person to Hell. It may sound like an urban legend, but it is true.

The name of the Jigoku Shojo is Emma Ai. Emma is usually a quiet girl, but when she feels for the client, she turns into Jigoku Shojo. Although it isn’t mentioned in the rumor, it is necessary to make a contract with her. In exchange for her sending the target to Hell, the client’s soul will be also taken to Hell after his death.

anything