Author Topic: mangas like Ichigo  (Read 4931 times)

Offline Baochau

• Clean
mangas like Ichigo
« on: August 10, 2005, 05:27:10 PM »
i just recently started on Ichigo and am now caught up with Yanime, but i'm wonderin since Ichigo is about to end does ne1 kno ne other mangas out there that is similar to Ichigo?

Offline Aldo Maudy

• Clean
Re: mangas like Ichigo
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 07:09:54 PM »
i think lilim kiss is the same bacause it is the same author

Offline skafreak121

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 09:06:09 PM »
lilim kiss isn't all that similer at all (the art ofcourse is).... as for something similar try something like love hina or maybe Mahou sensei negima

Offline deftoned

• Clean
  • Woooo
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 06:25:26 PM »
love hina and I"s.... i like negima a lot, but i wouldnt necessarily stick it in the same category as ichigo 100%
Wooo!

Offline Krozam

• Clean
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 09:57:02 AM »
Love Hina is quite similar, though much better. Maison Ikkoku is even better than LH, but it's not harem style romance like Ichigo and LH. Ah! My Goddess is only average as manga, but the anime makers are genius' - they actually succeeded in making better anime than the original manga is, even if it is a romance story! The only such case I know; while action stories are usually better as anime, romance stories are usually better as manga. But AMG is neither the harem type...

Those are the three that I'd suggest.
Disappointed with the ending of Ichigo 100% manga? Get some consolation from my fanfiction that continues the story: A Happier Ending

Offline infested13

• Clean
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 12:03:51 PM »
i just recently started on Ichigo and am now caught up with Yanime, but i'm wonderin since Ichigo is about to end does ne1 kno ne other mangas out there that is similar to Ichigo?

romantic manga?? i would recommend I"s and "Video Girl Ai"! (both by the same artist..i tink) ..tot its hard to find...both are really old manga...but 1 of my favourite!!!!

im sure...a lot ppl still like I"s and Video Girl Ai

i got complete volume for both mangas...but still working on how to make it a torrent file and share it .. >.>

Offline Krozam

• Clean
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 02:08:14 PM »
That I"s looks like very good, but since it's licenced and so old, it seems to be almost impossible for me to get it... :(
Disappointed with the ending of Ichigo 100% manga? Get some consolation from my fanfiction that continues the story: A Happier Ending

Offline roc255

• Clean
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 10:18:53 PM »
Baochau,I think can try with Suzuka.It same romantic like Ichigo and maybe it better ichigo?

Offline da MiGHTy pLUm!

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I like t'ings...
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 08:41:54 AM »
That I"s looks like very good, but since it's licenced and so old, it seems to be almost impossible for me to get it... :(

What's wrong with buying it?  It's the best way to support the mangaka and publisher of your favourite manga titles.
Have Fun Doing What You're Doing.

Offline chickencon

• Clean
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 06:42:56 PM »
to BaoChau: you are Vietnamese, aren't you? me too ;D

to everyone: Yes, you should buy instead of download manga to support the mangaka. But when you can't buy (in your country or area, they don't publish it) what can you do if you still want to see it. The only way is download from Internet, and it's the fastest way. If it's licenced, no help.

Lets return to the main topic, one more manga I think it's romantic too is: Dears, but you can feel it so stupid, so foolish, yeah I think so too.

Offline rams123

• Clean
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 05:36:01 PM »

i can help u to get it, i readed that is not ok to post links to licensed blah blah blah, but theres nothing wrong with helping a fellow otaku am i wrong???cuz what pisses me off is when im after a manga and i know a lot of SoB who does this, tell me is liscensed so  u wont be able to find it,BUT THEY HAVE IT!!!!ppl dont like to consider that there are real things u need to waste money on!!!and cant spend a huge amount of money spending on manga AND anime, trust me if i were a huge celebrity winning lots of cash i would spend 1.5000000 dollars on anime and manga instead of a mercedz.......ok maybe not lol lol lol

« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 05:41:21 PM by rams123 »

Waya475

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 07:11:41 PM »

i can help u to get it, i readed that is not ok to post links to licensed blah blah blah, but theres nothing wrong with helping a fellow otaku am i wrong???cuz what pisses me off is when im after a manga and i know a lot of SoB who does this, tell me is liscensed so  u wont be able to find it,BUT THEY HAVE IT!!!!ppl dont like to consider that there are real things u need to waste money on!!!and cant spend a huge amount of money spending on manga AND anime, trust me if i were a huge celebrity winning lots of cash i would spend 1.5000000 dollars on anime and manga instead of a mercedz.......ok maybe not lol lol lol

You're a moron.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 08:05:22 AM »

You're a moron.

Agreed. If you like the thing, buy it. If you can't afford it, save up for it. If you couldn't afford a car would you just go take one? Aside from the legalities, remember that not buying the title and instead finding a copy means the creator doesn't get paid. In the extreme case, there won't be enough money for either the importer who paid to get the title translated or the mangaka, and that would be a bad thing. Why? Well, the importer will bring in less titles, and only ones guaranteed to have a high volume of sales. The mangaka might decide to do something else since there is not enough money to provide for themselves.

And I have a solution! Don't buy all the books you want at one time! Buy a few and space your purchases and soon you'll see a good collection start to grow. That is how I do it.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline rams123

• Clean
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 08:40:17 PM »

You're a moron.

Agreed. If you like the thing, buy it. If you can't afford it, save up for it. If you couldn't afford a car would you just go take one? Aside from the legalities, remember that not buying the title and instead finding a copy means the creator doesn't get paid. In the extreme case, there won't be enough money for either the importer who paid to get the title translated or the mangaka, and that would be a bad thing. Why? Well, the importer will bring in less titles, and only ones guaranteed to have a high volume of sales. The mangaka might decide to do something else since there is not enough money to provide for themselves.

And I have a solution! Don't buy all the books you want at one time! Buy a few and space your purchases and soon you'll see a good collection start to grow. That is how I do it.

dont compare one thing with the other a car is priority a manga is not, if lack common sense for this u got prob.

and while i would love to support the artist of my fav manga's and anime's is JUST NOT POSSIBLE, like i said use common sense, priority, a car, helping u'r parents with the mortage(depending from what country u are,pay u'r own room) university, university books, snacks (gonna starved to death?) girlfriend (an evil wich is needed) videogames, anime manga(not just one series but a whole bunch i can list more then 50 series of anime alone that i want to watch!and manga aint cheap!) and lets not forget the censoring and in some cases the bad editing of a manga(tenjou tenge comes to my mind)   

i got no rich mommy and daddy who gives me 500 dollars whenever i want.
(not saying that any of u have one of those)but anyway i respect u'r opinion, b sides like i said i wold love to support my fav artist. bu isnt it true that sometimes licensed manga dont allways come complete?

heres one question for ya i allways ask my friend averytime i get into a disscusion about a related topic (MUSIC): downloading a manga isnt the same as borrowing it from u'r friend and copying it? ;D ;D kinda of logic isnt it?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 08:53:15 PM by rams123 »

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2006, 10:26:17 PM »
dont compare one thing with the other a car is priority a manga is not, if lack common sense for this u got prob.
Agreed, just pointing out the flaw in your argument. You are willing to break the law to acquire manga, but not willing to do so to acquire a car? (Keeping in mind that they are two slightly different crimes)

and while i would love to support the artist of my fav manga's and anime's is JUST NOT POSSIBLE[...]
Fine, then don't ask for copies of licensed items at least. I'd much rather not be able to support the artists than to still get something for free from their hard work.

[....]anime manga(not just one series but a whole bunch i can list more then 50 series of anime alone that i want to watch!and manga aint cheap!) and lets not forget the censoring and in some cases the bad editing of a manga(tenjou tenge comes to my mind)
Yes, the items are expensive. You know why? It is still a small number of items. Not a big enough supply that the economy of scale has helped the price get lower. This is why you SAVE for things. And when you save, it depends on your priorities. Yes, there have been some bad works, and yes there has been censorship on some titles. However, the good majority of titles are done well and kept intact. If you don't like the censorship on something, let the publisher know they lost a customer because of their action. That speaks more than just ignoring it and finding some copy somewhere. Companies can't do something if they don't know their audience is unhappy with things currently.

i got no rich mommy and daddy who gives me 500 dollars whenever i want.
(not saying that any of u have one of those)but anyway i respect u'r opinion, b sides like i said i wold love to support my fav artist. bu isnt it true that sometimes licensed manga dont allways come complete?
Nope. No rich parents here. Hell, all I have is my mother. My father has been out of the picture since I was 6 or so. I didn't start buying any titles anime or manga until I graduated from university (because of finances). However, because I'm smart with my money I'm currently driving a fully paid for car, saving for a house, working a full-time job, and still managing to buy a couple of volumes of manga a month (maybe $24 a month or so).

heres one question for ya i allways ask my friend averytime i get into a disscusion about a related topic (MUSIC): downloading a manga isnt the same as borrowing it from u'r friend and copying it? ;D ;D kinda of logic isnt it?
Well, not quite the same thing. Especially since one copy would be paper (unless you scan) and one electronic. Either way you just broke copyright laws. Both are wrong actions. The only difference is that the downloading thisn is on a whole different scale and situation.

This is all I have to say, and I'm locking this thread since it is so far off-topic. If you want to download licensed manga, go do so quietly and don't ask other people to help you. The stuff is easy to find if you look around enough.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

anything