Poll

what do you think about this ending? of ichigo 100%?

aya ending
36 (59%)
nishino ending
25 (41%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: October 31, 2005, 08:07:48 AM

Author Topic: depresed? **** SPOILERS ****  (Read 30238 times)

Offline xlsacreddragonlx

• Clean
Re: depresed? **** SPOILERS ****
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2006, 08:10:04 AM »
toujo's e best
Damn right Toujo's the best. Without her this whole story couldn't have even started and the author chooses not end it with her ??? ?? Such a shame...

Offline Urasada

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2006, 09:22:27 AM »
Depressed is not really the right word for this. More like "pissed off".Toujo was effective character in the story and so was Tsukasa. But Its kind of unrealistic that He chose someone who he spent less time with. Relationship grows with interaction between people and if I can remember correctly there was more Manaka Toujo scene than Manaka Tsukasa scene. He talked and thinked more intimately with Toujo too if I remember correct. With Tsukasa he was just lively and at times he felt intimate. So now if Manaka was a person and could think like a person **indirectly poiting at mangaka** I would probably chose someone who I felt closer too. Seeing as how more time is spent w/ toujo Im pretty sure they would feel closer to each other while Nishino whose disappeared for half of the manga in between. So Now because the mangaka threw all the effort away and chose to pair Manaka with Nishino who built their relationship in the last...what? 1-2 volume, im kinda upset. Its like throwing away car for a bike.

Offline suhwa

• Clean
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2006, 05:18:53 PM »
lol im lil depresed cuz 1 of da better mangas i read has ended but... ima Nishino's fan n u gota love her rite? so no hard feelings 2 author n all :)

Offline syun_ukiya

• Clean
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2006, 07:10:08 PM »
I'm really depressed right now, just got 3hrs. of sleep after finishing the last volume, seems like I couldn't get any sleep, I'm still thinking of the ending. What makes me feel bad is I spent 5 days of my life reading the whole manga and by body clock is all messed up. I don't have the urge to eat, sleep or do the things I usually do (playing videogames, internet). Its not because of ecchi content in this manga, not for Satsuki and Nishino but Aya and Aya alone.

I hate cliche endings for one, I might have like this ending if I didn't fell in love with Aya. You see, Aya is the girl I want to meet and I don't care if Nishino looks like a celebrity. I can't explain it but there is something about Nishino that I don't like, maybe the fact that she always gets in Aya's way.

Nishino-fans say that people prefer Aya because they sympahtize with her because for the sacrifices she made, I for one, might be guilty of that but its not just sympahty or pity that's why I choose Aya, but her character. Sticking for someone you love and all her encounters with Junpei (cute in a way) left me so moved. There are no chapters better for me than Aya ones that's why the ending struck me so hard and made me this depressed, sad and disappointed. Never in my life have I felt like this. I was on the verge of adding this on my favorite manga list, but part of me is hating mangaka for making me feel this worse. Its like she shattered ones dream.

Offline Urasada

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2006, 09:47:18 AM »
I'm really depressed right now, just got 3hrs. of sleep after finishing the last volume, seems like I couldn't get any sleep, I'm still thinking of the ending. What makes me feel bad is I spent 5 days of my life reading the whole manga and by body clock is all messed up. I don't have the urge to eat, sleep or do the things I usually do (playing videogames, internet). Its not because of ecchi content in this manga, not for Satsuki and Nishino but Aya and Aya alone.

I hate cliche endings for one, I might have like this ending if I didn't fell in love with Aya. You see, Aya is the girl I want to meet and I don't care if Nishino looks like a celebrity. I can't explain it but there is something about Nishino that I don't like, maybe the fact that she always gets in Aya's way.

Nishino-fans say that people prefer Aya because they sympahtize with her because for the sacrifices she made, I for one, might be guilty of that but its not just sympahty or pity that's why I choose Aya, but her character. Sticking for someone you love and all her encounters with Junpei (cute in a way) left me so moved. There are no chapters better for me than Aya ones that's why the ending struck me so hard and made me this depressed, sad and disappointed. Never in my life have I felt like this. I was on the verge of adding this on my favorite manga list, but part of me is hating mangaka for making me feel this worse. Its like she shattered ones dream.
Lol, 3hrs of sleep?! Anyhpow I second your opinioon, and thats exactly why the ending doesnt make sense at all. If someone sacrifices so much, the person she feels affection for will bound to see that one way or another unless the guy is total retard or whatsoever. At one point I thought the manga was going to show its full potential, but when Manaka was too dumb to see what he was to Aya, I started to have doubts. And I came to same conclusion as Syun ^^. Didnt add it to my fav list ┓-

Offline Zero07

• Clean
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2006, 08:10:01 PM »
Aya and Manaka relationship was probably already over after toujo said she wanted to go to a different uni than manaka, sure toujo still had feelings for manaka, but if aya wants to part ways after uni then what point is it for the ending  of the manga to have a manaka and aya ending
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 08:10:45 PM by Zero07 »
and the silence ensues.....

Offline syun_ukiya

• Clean
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2006, 12:15:30 AM »
It's just because she was talked over by Misuzu! If I remember correctly Manaka also planned to take a test on a university Aya plans to enroll, it also has a film club but its higher than what Manaka was aiming for. Aya just ended to Keio because Manaka told her that he is now together with Nishino.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 12:16:43 AM by syun_ukiya »

Offline Zero07

• Clean
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2006, 01:51:31 AM »
i think the manaka and nishino ending actually fits, i sort of reread much of the manga, and i don't know why but i felt like the ending fit, its not like i like the ending. there was some moment within the manga which foreshadowed that manaka wouldn't end up with toujo, but maybe it wasn't that at all, it seemed like becus both aya and manaka couldnt confess to each other they weren't ever meant to be together, but the attraction could be there becus they were trying to confess
and the silence ensues.....

Offline syun_ukiya

• Clean
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2006, 08:41:47 AM »
and i just listened to the drama cds! east side is really the best! if you compare the drama in both east and west side, east side just swallowed west! for me ichgo ended after the reunion 3 years after they graduated. and nishino, well she'll be in france forever!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 08:44:17 AM by syun_ukiya »

banzemanga

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2006, 01:21:52 AM »
i think the manaka and nishino ending actually fits, i sort of reread much of the manga, and i don't know why but i felt like the ending fit, its not like i like the ending. there was some moment within the manga which foreshadowed that manaka wouldn't end up with toujo, but maybe it wasn't that at all, it seemed like becus both aya and manaka couldnt confess to each other they weren't ever meant to be together, but the attraction could be there becus they were trying to confess

Same here. I admit that i was depressed too that it didn't end with Toujo at first but then i made up my mind after reading it few more times. I understood that Manaka liked Nishino more than Toujo at that time and it was the right decision. Nishino and Manaka had gone through a lot and they deverse to be together.

and i just listened to the drama cds! east side is really the best! if you compare the drama in both east and west side, east side just swallowed west! for me ichgo ended after the reunion 3 years after they graduated. and nishino, well she'll be in france forever!

LOL. For me the original intentions are always the best. Modified copies can be better but they will always be a fact of a modified of the original. Just accept the reality that in the original story Manaka liked Nishino more than Toujo at the end.

Aya and Manaka relationship was probably already over after toujo said she wanted to go to a different uni than manaka, sure toujo still had feelings for manaka, but if aya wants to part ways after uni then what point is it for the ending  of the manga to have a manaka and aya ending
It's just because she was talked over by Misuzu! If I remember correctly Manaka also planned to take a test on a university Aya plans to enroll, it also has a film club but its higher than what Manaka was aiming for. Aya just ended to Keio because Manaka told her that he is now together with Nishino.

Toujo said that her parents wanted her to go to a better college but either way Manaka didn't care but to do filming to skip the college work. After his failure he tried his best to be able to enroll with Toujo. Even if Manaka didn't get to Toujo's university, Toujo would have enrolled to Manaka's college if they were going out.

The reason, they ended up taking different paths was because of the Toujo's mysterious brother as boyfriend caused by the bra embarassement misunderstanding and then Nishino's accidental coincidence and the slightest chance and luck recived Manaka's acceptance. After that Manaka just did the decision of what he believed (and i do too with my own morals) to reject Toujo's confession. He would be the worst if he accept a girl's love having a girlfriend.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 01:34:35 AM by banzemanga »

Offline Bertu

• Clean
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2006, 06:00:46 PM »
Well, my opinion is that Manaka wasn't the prize after all, imagine that... Junpei's a little boy with no character at all, who can't make his own decisions and has a below-par IQ. I realize I felt depressed mainly because:

- Aya ended with a badly broken heart and hopes, and could only tell herself to be strong. She got the emotionally worst part, by far, because you could tell she felt intensely. And that makes me feel it's an unjust situation. No professional sucess makes you happy just by itself.
- Tsukasa ended up with a self-deluding mediocre that couldn't get into college. A short-term happy solution, but what's going to happen next? At least she studied something.

Other situations that I'd like to comment:

- Satsuki ended fair better, with her options open, a career at the family business, personal growth and all.
- The guys ended like they started, happy buffons. Ok for me.
- Amachi was annoying but at least had some kindness, he could've ended up having kind of an affair with Satsuki to lighten up both their hearts. Unwanted baby and all, lol.
- I think the luckiest was Misuzu

Offline Clear

• Clean
  • Very clear
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2006, 07:14:41 PM »
Well the grass isnt always greener on the other side.
I only know of kawashita to have broken that random anime/manga rule
where the first main character ends up with whoever he/she meets first (2nd main character usually)
i have a feeling school rumble will be the second poor harima.

and whats this about some extra chapters?
河下 水希 ありがとう! いちご100% 2002 - 2005
May your work be in fame forever!

Offline darkbleach05

• Budding Addict
  • Im`Harmless
    • www.friendster.com/harmless05
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2007, 11:09:47 PM »
im not satisfied to d ending...grrrrr....hehehehe...
but still i like nishino and understand manaka why he chooses her...
but still i really want toujo aya for junpei... :'(
but no matter what happen its already decided that its nishino...
lets just live with it but stilll T______T
i really like for a part 2!!! ^_^

Offline Kazenoken

• a confessed killer
  • Seriously Addicted
  • currently known as the master of fa-... nvm
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2007, 12:48:37 AM »
yet its fine we just have to accept the truth but a continuation would be nice

Offline KujoSan

• Undeniable Psychopath..
  • Addict
  • just a boy forced to act like a man ...
    • whatever I have
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2007, 04:19:01 AM »
yes im depressed by the ending... why not toujou!!??  :'(
~ It's been nearly TEN years since the day I know this Place, and I love Yanime so much, even if it's dying right now ~

anything