Author Topic: Asian Soap Operas  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Re: Asian Soap Operas
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2005, 01:16:18 PM »
lol go ahead an try to ban em but I don' think the gov't would like that

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline sLaVeGiRl911

• The aBoLiTiOnIsT
  • Addict
  • Dokomade mo dakishimete hoshii-Fujimoto Miki
    • xanga- sLaVeGiRl01
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2005, 07:19:38 PM »
Thats true.
Unles I make a pettition and get epoeple to sign.. Muahahah!!!!...?

-sLaVeGiRl911
Running out of anime siggies.....

WE FOOKING SUPPORT YOU Ai-BON!!!!We support you. dont give up... but give up smoking ^_- Gambate!
Tsuji... you better help to =_=
http://www.xanga.com/sLaVeGiRl01

cuteflyz89

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2005, 08:27:41 PM »
Acctualy, i saw this one.. it wasn't over dramatic.. but it sure as hell was hard to get what was happening. >> since it was in spanish... ^^;

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2005, 08:57:50 AM »
Sis: and you understood everything about that soap?  ???

SlaveGirl: a petition are you sure that is gonna work?  ???

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

cuteflyz89

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2005, 10:13:04 AM »

nah, i was watching it for about 10 mins and i was like... so shes going to have a baby...and her husband is cheating on her? hahahaha  no i didn't understand everything.. i just kinda could tell by what was happening. ^^;

Offline sLaVeGiRl911

• The aBoLiTiOnIsT
  • Addict
  • Dokomade mo dakishimete hoshii-Fujimoto Miki
    • xanga- sLaVeGiRl01
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2005, 10:50:49 AM »

SlaveGirl: a petition are you sure that is gonna work?  ???

I dunno. But the goverment is all messed up there right now with the situation of the President in the Philippines. SO anything you say will either be pushed away, or it can be taken because its not as big as the President situation.
Then again how should I know all this crap, Im not the biggest fan of politics and Im not living in the Philippines right now.
And for all I know im rambling...
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!   ;D

Wait you two are related??

-sLaVeGiRl911
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 10:51:17 AM by sLaVeGiRl911 »
Running out of anime siggies.....

WE FOOKING SUPPORT YOU Ai-BON!!!!We support you. dont give up... but give up smoking ^_- Gambate!
Tsuji... you better help to =_=
http://www.xanga.com/sLaVeGiRl01

Offline Bob

• Clean
  • a.k.a. Talon / Darkfall / Checkers
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2005, 03:20:25 AM »
Hah, I've only watched soap operas during my summer holidays in Singapore. There was one a couple of years ago called something like 'Home in Toa Payoh' which I watched quite often with my grandma. I think she really enjoys all the bad acting and melodrama. So do I; it's hilarious. I laughed so much... that is, if I wasn't cringing. (Romance does that to me.)

There was another one I watched more recently, I think during last December, but I have no idea what it was called. It starred one of the guys from the Toa Payoh series. It was about some doctor pretending not to be a doctor, a social worker with a heart problem, and all the disabled kids. Some of that was actually quite sad. >_>

There was this other one... I caught the last few minutes of the last episodes. I think the father got beaten to death by a bunch of people whose car's path he cut across in the parking lot because he needed to get his pregnant wife to the hospital. And some other thing about him making a video for his children when they're older because of some maybe-fatal condition that he might not have actually had...? I don't remember. Wait... that probably wasn't a soapie. Maybe a serious mini-series. >_> But my first impression of everything on Singaporean TV is 'soapie'. Unless it's a gameshow, etc.

* Oh, I just remembered. It could be that the subtitles are horrible, and those are what I'm laughing at. o_O Everything's dubbed in Mandarin. Except that third show I mentioned, perhaps. I think it was in English.
** I saw Winter Sonata mentioned in a newspaper while I was there. I wanted to watch it, but my aunt told me that it had already finished. : |
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 03:22:55 AM by Darkfall »

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2005, 07:41:12 AM »
lol I've noticed a trend among all the soaps....bad acting.  ;D In Hotelier (the Korean Soap that I mentioned earlier) has some decent acting. I was really surprised. That is one of the several things that had me coming back to watch more.